Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyToyota new app

simond64

I found that the new app was not showing any trips. I disabled and re enabled connected services and that seems have solved the problem (fingers crossed)

Have tried for days to install this new MyToyota app for my 2020 Yaris Launch edition ( MyT app has worked for 3 years ... and still works) but all I get with this new app. is a black screen hanging on the white Toyota Badge forever until I crash out .... am on android 13 on a Nokia XR20.

Updated the old app yesterday, and noticed whilst driving the car, no album art was showing at all. It's now a bit hit and miss. Also noticed that I can't login to the Toyota website from a mobile device but windows devices are fine. All a bit of a poor show really. Think I will hold off updating to the new app......

1 hour ago, Penfold72 said:

Also noticed that I can't login to the Toyota website from a mobile device

OK here using Chrome on my mobile.  Does not give access to much of the data on the  App

On 11/4/2023 at 3:26 PM, AlfK said:

Have tried for days to install this new MyToyota app for my 2020 Yaris Launch edition ( MyT app has worked for 3 years ... and still works) but all I get with this new app. is a black screen hanging on the white Toyota badge forever until I crash out .... am on android 13 on a Nokia XR20.

I have been having exactly same problem trying to install My Toyota app on my OnePlus Nord CE 5G phone. And, like your experience, the MyT app has been happily working on my phone for the last 2 years. I wonder if the problem is with the version of Android? Mine is running version 13 with 5th Sept 2023 security update.

On 10/30/2023 at 10:52 PM, Mojo1010 said:

So I deliberately did not lock the doors after driving to test the notification on the new app, after 5 or more mins, it still did not send a push message to my phone. 

Rarely does send a notification lately. It's crap..

Could be?....mine has exactly the same update installed too 🤔

I wonder if anyone has managed to successfully install My Toyota app on a phone running Android 13 OS?

Any help anyone?

16 minutes ago, RIbbotson said:

I wonder if anyone has managed to successfully install My Toyota app on a phone running Android 13 OS?

Any help anyone?

Mine is Android 13.

I have issues and need to reboot each time to make it work

Thanks Roy, but I think that maybe another theory 'out the window'. I tried rebooting but the app still hung at the Toyota logo on a black screen😒 I do hope they maintain support for MyT, at least until they get My Toyota working properly on more phones.

MyToyota is working for my car using a iPhone it needs best part of a day to migrate across from the old app then when that stops working as my car had moved across to the new app all was good but journey updates are slow somtimes.

Not sure if all Notifcations settings are working for my car  I turned off two those are trunk open and moonroof open.

Charging starts, charging compleate & forgot to plug in are also off.

Yet Another IOS MyToyota update available to download this morning ver 2.3 apparently minor bug fixes ? Let’s hope it cures some of the many ongoing problems

• Thanks 1

Barry. Good spot.  Android for me.  So far, full data. The 9am trip is shown, the car can be locked and conditioning on.

😊

17 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Mine is Android 13.

I have issues and need to reboot each time to make it work

Updated App.  Worked first time.  Next time (without a reboot) and it wants me to add vehicle  😞

20 hours ago, AlfK said:

Could be?....mine has exactly the same update installed too 🤔

Latest update installed......still stuck on black screen with white Toyota Badge🤬

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Updated App.  Worked first time.  Next time (without a reboot) and it wants me to add vehicle  😞

Curiouser. 

Just found that flicking between tabs I could partially restore the Home tab.  I then swiped down and they all appeared.

Now I had also remote locked the car.  It now shows everything locked.   It used to show the window status but not now. 

On 11/5/2023 at 9:18 PM, RIbbotson said:

Any help anyone?

Update: I found my problem.

I use DuckDuckGo browser for it's extra security, it provides an option 'App tracking protection'. When set, this option enables a VPN. When I turned off the 'App tracking protection' I found I could install and run the My Toyota app, which showed all my data without any issues.

Conclusion: If you can't install and run the My Toyota app, try turning off any VPNs or possibly any other security apps which may be 'blocking' it. If this works, please don't forget to replace your security with something more compatible with My Toyota.

Well done....I too use the DuckduckGo VPN so disabled for My Toyota app and bingo I'm off🚗👍🏻🤗😎

1 hour ago, AlfK said:

Well done....I too use the DuckduckGo VPN so disabled for My Toyota app and bingo I'm off🚗👍🏻🤗😎

Glad to be of assistance.

Yesterday I tested the remote heating on my Corolla TS in preparation for the colder months using the MyToyota APP after setting this I entered the car after a few minutes and drove off then “ Profile cannot be synced “ kept appearing on display screen every few minutes or so. It’s very distracting whilst driving and using the Sat Nav mode, it may be yet another bug in the MyToyota app ( of which there seem to be many! )

After completing my journey and pressing “Continue “on the error  message instead of “Cancel” my Username was correctly shown, but the password was missing, I entered the MyToyota APP password and this seemed to clear the message.

So if you intend to use the remote heating function from the App please be warned you may see this error message. I believe the same message has been noted on the BZ4x forum and reported to Toyota Tech developers 

Just had this response to issues with the new app...

Thank you for contacting us.

Just recently we have encountered a number of issues relating to the connected car functionality and our application ‘app’. We are aware of various issues, some of which we know to be a direct result of some recent system changes and the migration of the app to a new platform. While we remain sure of the longer term benefits of this migration, at this moment in time, users might expect some functionality issues where we have no immediate fix. It appears your enquiry relates directly to this matter. Please rest assured we are doing all we can to get to the bottom of these issues but in the meantime we are not able to offer immediate advice or a corrective course of action. We are working towards resolving all current issues. In the meantime, should you choose to remove and reinstall the app and restart the connection process to your vehicle, this will have no detrimental effect. Once we are confident the corrective measures have been made, we will advise all our Centres who can then support and advise you as necessary. If still required, support will be available in the new year from your local Centre. We are sorry for any inconvenience or disruption as a result of this temporary problem and hope this won’t impact greatly on your overall satisfaction with us.

Kind regards

Luke Walker
Customer Support
Toyota (GB) PLC  
Distributor of vehicles, parts and accessories for the UK

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Barry, I did and it didn't 😁

Well just my luck I guess 😀

I did say you “may” receive this message hopefully most users won’t 

Latest update today has caused service and overview to dissappear.

The app over the last week has been running fine but once again its failed.

Sabadell, try swiping down within the App.

It restored my service card and presented two greyed boxes .

One time swiping recovered all.

Just discovered Purchased cars mo longer shown

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links