Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2014 Hybrid Estate CHeck Hybrid System Warning

mushrooom

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

I wonder if you can get uprated batteries in this country, like the one ChrisFix fitted to his Prius?

This D cells Battery was used long ago by Honda and they do not last long. Sorry guys, nothing is good to be true.  The original Panasonic prismatic Battery is just the most reliable and truly why Toyota use it. YOu can try a Iron Phospate LPFO Battery by CATL that fits to Prius but we do not know either how reliable they are but at least more capacities.  HOwever, this D-cells battery  has significantly lower capacity than OEM Toyota battery.  @mushrooom I understand your logic. Yes, it depends on how you use the  car and how long you plan to keep the car.  For me, I only want to sell my car without spending too much. It was $1000 in 2017 and new battery was $3000+  from the dealership.  But now the price went down significantly and often less than £2000 in UK. At least 3y ago when I was still there. 

Another problem is that when you find the reconditioned Battery is not worth the trouble it's causing, guarantee or not, you won't have your core to return to Toyota so the cost of a new Battery will be much higher of you finally go that route. They won't accept your reconditioned one as a core 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cyker said:

I wonder if you can get uprated batteries in this country, like the one ChrisFix fitted to his Prius?

No good, stay original for having no issues afterwards. 

It is amusing observing our dream and believing we are smarter than years of RnD of reputable company such as Toyota.  If it is a Chinese car,  yes, we have a lot of options including dump it to recycling bin. 

On 12/7/2023 at 8:16 AM, mushrooom said:

I doubt the car will go back to Toyota  

Hi, 

any updates on the hybrid Battery replacement? 
Have you fitted a new one from these guys for £1500 , is it new indeed and did you see it for yourself the Battery from the box cardboard. I am researching for myself as very likely I will need a replacement soon. 
Thanks a lot. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

any updates on the hybrid battery replacement? 
Have you fitted a new one from these guys for £1500 , is it new indeed and did you see it for yourself the battery from the box cardboard. I am researching for myself as very likely I will need a replacement soon. 
Thanks a lot. 

Yes went Saturday and got it replaced for £1400 fitted from East Hybrid Automotive  https://easthybrid.com/

I phoned and they said come in as soon as I could so I dropped everything and drove Brighton to Dagenham.

They stripped my old Battery out and replaced all the cells with brand new ones.

There's a lot of customer cars in on the lifts  and boxes of new batteries

They took 3 hours in total as they had another car to do first but drove home and the car drove like a different car.

Drives a lot smoother now

Their google reviews https://www.google.com/search?q=east+hybrid&rlz=1C1YTUH_en-GBGB1005GB1005&oq=east+hybrid&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i59j46i175i199i512i654j0i512l2j69i60l3.3209j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#lrd=0x493eedd86fb1f063:0x2df28442b7486e5e,1,,,, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, mushrooom said:

Yes went Saturday and got it replaced for £1400 fitted from East Hybrid Automotive  https://easthybrid.com/

I phoned and they said come in as soon as I could so I dropped everything and drove Brighton to Dagenham.

They stripped my old battery out and replaced all the cells with brand new ones.

There's a lot of customer cars in on the lifts  and boxes of new batteries

They took 3 hours in total as they had another car to do first but drove home and the car drove like a different car.

Drives a lot smoother now

Their google reviews https://www.google.com/search?q=east+hybrid&rlz=1C1YTUH_en-GBGB1005GB1005&oq=east+hybrid&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i59j46i175i199i512i654j0i512l2j69i60l3.3209j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#lrd=0x493eedd86fb1f063:0x2df28442b7486e5e,1,,,, 

Thanks a lot. Sounds good. I feel my one will go burst very soon and I need to be ready for. I will likely call Toyota local dealer for a quote too and see what will be the price difference. £1400 , not cheap but not that bad imo. 
Thanks for replying. 👍

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, 

after some time with car been acting strangely although there were no faults on display I decided to run a diagnostic and here we go , pending code P0A80 - replace hybrid Battery pack. Ok , not a surprise after 13 years and 260000 miles. But the car is in daily use and can’t afford to arrange anything further until dies completely on me. So I have cleared the code and the car is running ok. Rechecked next day after 200 miles traveled and all shows clear. 
Here some photos. I am not sure how long more it will last, but I am going to give her a try until the very last juice been sucked out of this car. 🫢🪫

image.thumb.jpeg.7f8f628af36fff215a245a4d55a2c279.jpegimage.thumb.png.158ff867f6588b0fd72b0456a56e6920.pngimage.thumb.png.f5912e88242384d8196fee2f736eaa2b.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I did see somewhere that the middle pack temp shouldn't be more than 3 or 4 degrees over the outside ones. Our mileage is over 300,000 now

PXL_20231211_094254476.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 5:09 PM, TonyHSD said:

Yeah, 

after some time with car been acting strangely although there were no faults on display I decided to run a diagnostic and here we go , pending code P0A80 - replace hybrid battery pack. Ok , not a surprise after 13 years and 260000 miles. But the car is in daily use and can’t afford to arrange anything further until dies completely on me. So I have cleared the code and the car is running ok. Rechecked next day after 200 miles traveled and all shows clear. 
Here some photos. I am not sure how long more it will last, but I am going to give her a try until the very last juice been sucked out of this car. 🫢🪫

image.thumb.jpeg.7f8f628af36fff215a245a4d55a2c279.jpegimage.thumb.png.158ff867f6588b0fd72b0456a56e6920.pngimage.thumb.png.f5912e88242384d8196fee2f736eaa2b.png

You can pay £50 hybrid-system check and extend it to 15 years. hope they replace your Battery for free before 15 years.  But the pending code may fail it first and not eligible to get 15y warranty.   IF you pass the first hybrid-system check, you will get 10k 10,000-mile warranty and keep doing it at least 2 more years.  Hope the code POA80 shows up before 15 years.  Do a scanning and don't clear it once you get a warranty.   Just like what Jesus said, sly like a snake but we just use what Toyota offer, not a fraud. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AisinW said:

You can pay £50 hybrid-system check and extend it to 15 years. hope they replace your battery for free before 15 years.  But the pending code may fail it first and not eligible to get 15y warranty.   IF you pass the first hybrid-system check, you will get 10k 10,000-mile warranty and keep doing it at least 2 more years.  Hope the code POA80 shows up before 15 years.  Do a scanning and don't clear it once you get a warranty.   Just like what Jesus said, sly like a snake but we just use what Toyota offer, not a fraud. 

You are right, 

but seems like dealers not interested to confirm there is no mileage restrictions. The good news is that no faults are pending anymore and the car drives fine. The test may fail also on the high resistance and voltage load if they do all that things. We will se after Christmas will call them to book a health check eventually. 

On 12/15/2023 at 5:12 PM, mushrooom said:

I did see somewhere that the middle pack temp shouldn't be more than 3 or 4 degrees over the outside ones. Our mileage is over 300,000 now

Lol, that mileage is impressive. 
You can get a sticker from Toyota for these high miles and proud stick it to the front or rear window. Just get in touch via messenger and send them the picture. 👍

On 12/15/2023 at 6:12 PM, mushrooom said:

Have you ever clean the intake manifold? Especially the EGR lines tubes and channel. They like to clog in high miles gen 3 Prius too. I just bought  a used intake manifolds that is already cleaned. Therefore, it has small down time. 

14 hours ago, AisinW said:

Just like what Jesus said, sly like a snake but we just use what Toyota offer, not a fraud. 

Not sure a character in a book drove a Toyota but OK 

• 1 month later...

Hi guys 

I have toyata Auris 2013 come on dashboard hydrid sistem check but the car is run fine any one about this ??

2 hours ago, Mann said:

Hi guys 

I have toyata Auris 2013 come on dashboard hydrid sistem check but the car is run fine any one about this ??

Hi, 

the error comes for a reason and the car definitely will not run just fine but it will be a difference. You need to diagnose the fault first and take it from there. Can be anything related to bad hybrid Battery, inverter , e motor , or engine malfunction. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2024 at 7:26 PM, Mann said:

Hi guys 

The engine will run constantly if you've got the check hybrid Battery warning

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links