Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hybrid car insurance refusals

cobh18

I was surprised my quote was not more on a 35k car. Admittedly I live in the sticks, am 60 and have more than 10 years NCD but I got quoted £300 fully comp and protected NCD with windscreen and legal cover through admiral and £400 to put my 25 year old son on.

This is tangential but I found it interesting...

• Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 4:13 PM, Roy124 said:

LV has just offered to quote.   My broker has yet to contact me.  I have just 3 weeks to go.

Just reinsurer, interesting morning.  I tried LV and was outright rejected-over 70.

Got on to my broker.  Eight in the queue.   When I eventually got through to reception I am now awaiting a ring back (3 hrs at the moment)

Also turns out they don't send renewals, you have to go online.

Got a quote on line, shade under £600 (£100 up on last year) with LV.

Tried Confused,  exactly the same price.

Tried MoneySavingExpert who forwarded me to MoneySuperMarket who offered just £30 more through AAIS.

Took this offer, more cover,  lower excess with LV.  And AAIS took a £28 referral fee within the quote. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Yes.

Topic merged with 'Hybrid insurance refusals'

On 12/18/2023 at 4:19 PM, cobh18 said:

Had a bit of a surprise this morning when shopping for car insurance renewal. LV, my insurer for several years (until I switched last year) point blank refund to quote as the current car is a hybrid. No discussion: just "underwriters have decided - we know not why" They quoted last year.  Haven't even loaded the premium if, as I suspect, they re wary of CC theft, which would be reasonable.  Wonder if Allianz, the LV owner, refuse to cover the German market?

Got insurance elsewhere and none of the potential companies made any comment online. 

Any views?

Which Co's quoted? prior years I did'nt recognise a single name in the Compare list.

I ended up with Adrian Flux who post here occasionally, got cover but nearly doubled from last year's policy with LV

• Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 9:49 AM, Saxmaniac said:

I ended up with Adrian Flux who post here occasionally, got cover but nearly doubled from last year's policy with LV

Hi.

Glad we could help out with your insurance this year.

Regards,

Dan.

LV refused to insure. Gone with Churchill this year, about £450, Directline quoted £950!!.

Auris Hybrid

Regards

Nigel

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links