Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Viewing tomorrow (Maybe)

152bobby

13 hours ago, anchorman said:

For some people, the monthly payment seems to be the be all and end all but it is so easy to change that payment by changing the deposit or the final figure.  You haven’t achieved a thing by getting the monthly payment down, you’ve only shifted it somewhere else and when you add the deposit, the payments and the final payment together, you’re probably paying more UNLESS you negotiated a lower purchase price.  It seems very naive to me that owners come away feeling smug that their payments have come down when you’ve just been duped by the dimmest of salesmen.  If you want low payments and you know the final payment will go up that’s fine but don’t be fooled.  If your car is part way through a plan you need to know its value and its equity because it may all look tempting but rest assured, you are going to pay somewhere.  Conversely, if a manufacturer is offering zero percent, don’t come all over high and mighty “I always pay for my things and never have credit”, that’s just as dim as Eric the dim salesman who just duped the previous naive customer.  Leave your money in the bank making 5% you dimwit, pride has bggr all to do with it, common sense does. 

Bit puzzled by the response @anchorman? Don’t know what you’re on about re the lower monthly payment? I was talking about using the pcp system to our benefit by obtaining deposit contributions etc then paying the lot off within 30 days for cash. 
Not sure who is “smug” or “high and mighty” and I’m not sure who the “dimwit” is? That’s not very nice now is it? 😉

• Thanks 1

Typical........I think I fell asleep again before the "film" ended.

I remember the bit where @152bobby was going to look at a 22 Yaris Cross, then something about cows farting too much and causing a hole in the ozone layer and someone was searching for a smug, high and mighty dimwit but after that it all seems a blur. 

I think it was either @MOJO or @Cyker that did it...............🤔

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Neptuneblue said:

Bit puzzled by the response @anchorman? Don’t know what you’re on about re the lower monthly payment? I was talking about using the pcp system to our benefit by obtaining deposit contributions etc then paying the lot off within 30 days for cash. 
Not sure who is “smug” or “high and mighty” and I’m not sure who the “dimwit” is? That’s not very nice now is it? 😉

Well it can’t be you unless you turned down 0% in favour of paying cash so that was hypothetical.  The subject of these monthly payments comes up often and somebody did make reference to getting the payments down (can’t remember who without trawling).  If the post makes somebody think twice about getting sucked in, it’s done its job, no need to be offended 👍

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links