Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Much Is It For...

Rookey

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rookey

• breezer

• Fidgits

• Bibbs

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer not to talk about the amount of my debt, its more than everyones

My uni debt was basically £250 a month for 5 years .. and now I've only got my credit cards left ..

But I did do 4 years and I did party like a beast (and went to Uni with 5k in the bank & held down 3 jobs while I was there)

My uni was no fun at all... everyone worked, there would be times when it was just me and my two best mates in the stundent union bar.

After a year and a half I decided it was a waste of time and got a job... I got a decent job, and am doing well, they just got out of uni this summer, they have nothing but huge debts.....

Blair's idea to get over x% of everyone in uni has totally devalued the meaning of a degree. These days you can get a degree in anthing, and you can still get good marks if you are as thick as two short planks...

Best thing I ever did was dropping out!, worst thing I ever did was enrolled!

Also I noticed loads of people saying they had jobs at uni :o No way could I have done that!!!! 36 hours of tutorials and lectures a week, plus all the work you have to do in your own time!!!

I still have the first year and a term to pay back to the SLC... not started paying yet... not sure how much I'm going to have to pay!!!!

Also I noticed loads of people saying they had jobs at uni :o No way could I have done that!!!! 36 hours of tutorials and lectures a week, plus all the work you have to do in your own time!!!

Barman 3 nights a week (where we could drink cheap and get free food)

TA 2 nights a week and a weekend every now and again (where we could drink cheap and get free food)

and WHSmiths a few afternoons and weekends a month (25% discount card ;))

And then supposedly over 40 hours of lectures .. which I used to do about 5 hours a week ..

No wonder I only got a 2:2 Hons BEng degree :thumbsup:

:blink: I am hoping to start uni next year and you guys are filling me with dread, what happened to a means tested bursury??sp?

Its crap, there is no grant anymore. I did get the maximum loan though because both my parents have no income :thumbsup:

Shouldnt be scaring ya! look forward to the social aspect! People like Ben coming to pick up freshers! Watch out!!! :lol: :)

If you see a lanky bloke with one eyebrow and an Mr2.. RUN LIKE THE WIND!!!!!

In my 4years at Uni I managed to accumulate a total of £18k of debt :(

My work sponsored me to go, so they picked up half the bill leaving me with £9k to pay off.

The good things was, even though I had to work virtually all the free time I had (It felt) I was still getting "Full-Time Employee" pay.

I managed to leave Uni virtually debt free :thumbsup:

Obviously there was risks In getting sponsored, I couldn’t afford to mess around (to much) ;) And talk about stress on the finals, really was a heavy burden knowing that if I mess up, it wouldn't off been just myself I’m failing but the company also. :(

Shouldnt be scaring ya! look forward to the social aspect! People like Ben coming to pick up freshers! Watch out!!! :lol: :)

That would scare me!!! Having a strange old man hanging around, you know hes a perv :lol:

I left Uni with a 5.5k overdraft. That was longer ago than I care to mention. It took me years to pay it off. I left with a 1st degree in computer science. The job I do today relies on NOTHING I learned from Uni, but I wouldn't change a thing.

I was in Manchester Uni when the Hacienda had just opened... and it was just up the road! :thumbsup:

I feel sorry for you younger guys that have to bear the brunt of trying to further your education and repay such a huge debt whilst doing so.

This country's a mess.

I feel sorry for you younger guys that have to bear the brunt of trying to further your education and repay such a huge debt whilst doing so.

I kinda don't .. if you are doing a "good" degree where you know you can pay it back then fine ..

But if you want to become a dosser .. be prepaired to pay for the privilege ..

I don't see why someone else should have to pay if I decide to go to uni or not.

Well said Ben....

I agree... if you walk out of uni with a good degree in a good subject you are more liekly to get a job than if you walk out with a 3rd in 'Beckham Studies' or somethingoranother....

I am actually using my degree in work... learning more and more on the job.. yeah but still got the basics....

And to think... I wanted to be a Marine Biologist :P :blink:

:blink:  I am hoping to start uni next year and you guys are filling me with dread, what happened to a  means tested bursury??sp?

If you get in the right place it's not that bad. Sometimes I wonder whether it was all worth it (I did Physics, but don't rely on anything I learnt in my Job), but TBH I don't regret going for one bit.

My partner got a bursery for studying Nursing (she finished about 6 years ago). I got a grant and a loan and am still paying the loan off at £120 a month.

i wen to uni for one year and went to 5 lectures ut went to al my cookery ones (did bsc internationla hospitality management) so i can cook quite well know. i was basically in the same position as karma i left with debt and for the career im in now (and hate) im better off as in hospitality experiance counts.

howvere in my year i became entertainment chairman for uni had a huge office with massive tv. started djing got some good gigs out of it. satrted playing rugby again went on tour with them had a great time. met some great ppl had some great s*x i basically abused the system however state paid for none of it and i came out with 6k worth of debt and some great memories and pics of mamories.

i would recommend uni to everyone but for dif reasons wither to work or party depending on how u want ur life to go

I lectured at Reading Uni for a term ;)

is that why i saw a load of student revisng in the parka asking each opther what do tiggers do best??

:lol::lol::lol:

naaa, was just night classes 2 nights a week - but !Removed! well paid!

I lectured at Reading Uni for a term ;)

is that why i saw a load of student revisng in the parka asking each opther what do tiggers do best??

You P*ssed or somethin Ed?

Spelling is a bit iffy today! :D

What did you teach Ian?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links