Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Would You Do?

T V O R

On the news today: this woman was a victim of a robbery.

She got out of her car after being flagged down by a passer by and was attacked, hit over the head and her car was stolen, it was found 3 miles away burnt out.

I would pull over and call the emerg services but I wouldnt get out of my car cos if she has blood showing then obv she's been injured and the people who did it could still be around...I wouldnt take the risk of getting injured by getting out of my car, but i couldnt drive past and do nothing either.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• Firthy

• T V O R

• ricomr2

Top Posters In This Topic

run her over, make sure she is dead <-Joke

maybe the driver did call 999 but didnt have time to stop

a similar thing happend to me in Manchester, there was a guy in the middle of the road at about 12:30AM, he couldnt stand up, I too thought it could be an ambush, there was 3 other people nearby, and the girl next to him was trying to get him off the road

YOU ARE AN IDIOT........

Don't even make stupid jokes about that incident.......

In south africa they would run them over.....

Iwould not hesitate for a second to carry on.... Its not my problem, I don't want to be involved, or risk the same thing happening to me!!!!

Its a shame that I feel that way about a place in my own country.

Why does that pic make me think of a certain scene in American History X??? :hokus-pokus:

a similar thing happend to me in Manchester, there was a guy in the middle of the road at about 12:30AM, he couldnt stand up, I too thought it could be an ambush, there was 3 other people nearby, and the girl next to him was trying to get him off the road

YOU ARE AN IDIOT........

I wasnt the only one

YOU ARE AN IDIOT........

I wasnt the only one

So that's an excuse is it....other people did it too!!!!!!!!!!!

Grow up.......... :ffs:

If that's the mentality this country is facing everday then no wonder women get left helpless in the road...Because people are too gutless to help out.

END OF DISCUSSION.

I would stop.

My cousin was stabbed and left to die in the street alone because people just assumed he must have been a trouble maker...

I would stop.

My cousin was stabbed and left to die in the street alone because people just assumed he must have been a trouble maker...

:o OMG, what happened to him, is he alright if you dont mind me asking??

yip... it's a sad world we live in. TBH, I don't know what I would do.

If I was walking past I would be more likely to do something, at least see if the person is ok and pull her back onto the pavement. Then dial 999.

If I was in my car, probably wouldn't stop tbh.

I would stop.

:o OMG, what happened to him, is he alright if you dont mind me asking??

is he alright ??... read what he wrote again....

Cheers. was quite recent so still hard to deal with sometimes....

Jim, i told you about this!! :huh:

yeah I know you did mate.... I know I have a bad memory... but not that bad !!!

is he alright ??... read what he wrote again....

Not meaning to cause any upset here but just because the attckers left him to die doesnt mean that someone didnt come to help...how was i meant to know the outcome hence the question...sorry for not being so iniciative <_<

It is a sad fact of affairs - but as VOR mentioned, she stopped to help someone and ended up like that - so whats to say if you stopped to help you wouldnt be next to her?

What bothers me more than the lack of compassion, is the fact it was probably more fear of attack

What bothers me more than the lack of compassion, is the fact it was probably more fear of attack

Hit the nail on the head

so surely, rather than saying 'its a sad state of affairs - people today' - we should be saying 'what is the goverment doing to stop this happening in the first place'

'what is the goverment doing to stop this happening in the first place'

Absolutely nothing and that's the problem, people this day and age are frightened of being sued if they, with good intention, do more harm than good, and as Karma Supra and Blue 84 said, the same thing could happen to you.

I think each case has to be assessed individually, who it is, where it is, what time of day, who else is around the type of incident the list goes on.

I won’t judge anyone if they decided to carry on, and I won’t criticise anyone if you decide to stop, everyone has the right to do what they are comfortable with for whatever reason.

I would like to think that anyone with a mobile would at least make a call to the emergency services as that won’t endanger anyone.

:thumbsup:

In this country there are loads of scammers, as you go upto the lady some guy could run over to you with a gun or knife and demand your keys

'what is the goverment doing to stop this happening in the first place'

Absolutely nothing and that's the problem, people this day and age are frightened of being sued if they, with good intention, do more harm than good, and as Karma Supra and Blue 84 said, the same thing could happen to you.

I think each case has to be assessed individually, who it is, where it is, what time of day, who else is around the type of incident the list goes on.

I won’t judge anyone if they decided to carry on, and I won’t criticise anyone if you decide to stop, everyone has the right to do what they are comfortable with for whatever reason.

I would like to think that anyone with a mobile would at least make a call to the emergency services as that won’t endanger anyone.

:thumbsup:

I wasn't having a go at you VOR. I agree that you should do what you are comfortable with.

The circumstances do not change my opinion or my actions though.

If she was attacked even more reason to stop and help.

If more people were willing to stop and help out in these sort of situations and confront people when they are breaking the law the criminals, attackers etc would think a bit harder before doing something.

I agree that the government could put more police on the streets but we can't just keep blaming them.

We must stand up for ourselves and stop making it so easy for the criminals.

I have a family and can understand those that think they shouldn't put themselves in danger because they need to be there for there kids etc but what sort of world are we bringing them into.

Sorry rant over. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links