Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Would You Do?

T V O R

_40124488_road_woman203.jpg

Has anyone seen this on the TV?

CCTV cameras captured at least a dozen drivers swerving around a woman as she lay unconscious and bleeding in a road in south-east London.

The footage shows none of the drivers stopped after avoiding the 25-year-old woman who was face down with her head in a gutter in Cray Road, Sidcup.

I don’t think I would stop :blink:

First of all there are double yellow lines! :lol: A cunning traffic warden may be lurking in the bushes waiting to slap a ticket on my windscreen, or it could be an ambush, I get out of my car in London and some low life jumps in and drives off in my YTS!

She could be drunk/drugged up and be abusive; she may have a hidden weapon, the list goes on.

What would you do?

At best I would call 999 and inform the appropriate emergency services.

Over to you.

:wacko:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• Firthy

• T V O R

• ricomr2

Top Posters In This Topic

Id call the police.

Its a sad world when you ignore someone who is clearly in need of help, no matter what the reason. At the most basic level we are all human beings.

Its very sad :(

run her over, make sure she is dead <-Joke

maybe the driver did call 999 but didnt have time to stop

a similar thing happend to me in Manchester, there was a guy in the middle of the road at about 12:30AM, he couldnt stand up, I too thought it could be an ambush, there was 3 other people nearby, and the girl next to him was trying to get him off the road

There is only one answer to this question as far as I'm concerned.

I would stop and help. Phone an Ambulance and do what I could for her.

I would hope that is what the majority would do or it is a sadder world than I thought.

Saw this one and asked myself the same question and came to these 2 things.

If i could see blood, i would have blocked my side of the road called 999 and gave first aid.

If i hadn't, would have just swerved round and thought blooming junkies, stop and you could get a dirty needle jabbed into you if you did for helping.

Tis a fine line these days between the 2, don't ya just love Britain <_<

I would probably call the Emergency services and wait for them to turn up before stepping out of the car. (pretty much what Sorted said)

It is a very sad world. I would like to think that I would stop, but if I'm honest, as a female driving on my own, I would probably think twice about it. I would definately call 999 though.

It's such a shame when you see things like this, but it goes to show that most people are not very good at dealing with extraordinary situations. They would rather ignore them than put themselves at risk by taking immediate action.

I would like to think I would've stopped - but in all honesty, i probably wouldnt of...

and i would like to think even if i didnt stop, i'd call 999 - but then i would've been breaking the law by making a call while driving...

I guess when it comes to things like this, we all want to look like better people and say we would stop... and to be honest if driving on my own in the car I would probably stop.... call the police/ambulance and ask them what to do....they then at least know the location etc and If I was needed to do anything to help I could....

If I was with someone... I would definately stop. I have helped at the scene of an accident before... its not pleasant... but I figure if I dont help.. who will?

now if that happened round here, id pull over beside her in order to stop any cars running her over or coming near her, put hazards on, try and help her and at same time phone police/ambulance

so what happened to this woman? did she die...? or just in hospital now?

_40124488_road_woman203.jpg

Has anyone seen this on the TV?

CCTV cameras captured at least a dozen drivers swerving around a woman as she lay unconscious and bleeding in a road in south-east London.

The footage shows none of the drivers stopped after avoiding the 25-year-old woman who was face down with her head in a gutter in Cray Road, Sidcup.

I don’t think I would stop :blink:

First of all there are double yellow lines! :lol: A cunning traffic warden may be lurking in the bushes waiting to slap a ticket on my windscreen, or it could be an ambush, I get out of my car in London and some low life jumps in and drives off in my YTS!

She could be drunk/drugged up and be abusive; she may have a hidden weapon, the list goes on.

What would you do?

At best I would call 999 and inform the appropriate emergency services.

Over to you.

:wacko:

...good to know we have people like you around mate. Make's me fell so safe at night.

Myself, I'd have stopped and tried to help the poor woman. What if it had been you're wife/girlfriend/mother? Not so funny then, is it?

being lost as i get lost whenever i venture to new terroritry id probably drive by but i dont think i'd cope with the guilt, so im not too sure really, wud probably stop and help infact................oh i dunno

its one of those situations, bystander behaviour, if there are drivers around you the likeliness of you helping is low because the responsibilty is shared, but say if you were the only driver there you would be more likely to stop and help because all responsibility is on you.

well thats how it is supposed to work, but doesnt always. bystander effect - psychology

i would stop and help and phone ambulance and coppers its not very likely its a trap in the middle of the day with so much traffik about just lock your car up i agree with earl well said m8 and maybe other cars would have stopped after you stopped if nothing else to be nosy i couldint live with the guilt of not stopping what if you didint stop and you heard on the news or something that the woman was raped and died or hit and run and died because no one stopped to help i would definitely have stopped. What did happen to the woman :wacko:

She was discharged from hospital 9 days after the incident, no reports on way she was there in the first place, she had sustained a head injury.

Knowing the area I still wouldn’t stop regardless of the comments by JNR and Earl.

:thumbsup:

Ok Question.

I have stopped to help and am trying to flag you down to assist me.

I can understand you would be concerned as to who I am but I am going to stand in the middle of the road to block you because I really need your help to assist me with this woman.

Would you help or beep your horn and gesture for me to get out of the way?

On the news today: this woman was a victim of a robbery.

She got out of her car after being flagged down by a passer by and was attacked, hit over the head and her car was stolen, it was found 3 miles away burnt out.

Poor woman :(

Makes you sick inside to think firstly someone would do that...and then that no one stopped to help!!! :angry:

Being a Community Support Worker I would like to think I would help and administer First Aid.

I have witnessed many RTA's I have litrally had to stop the oncoming traffic by blocking them with my car (good old Honda) and then assisted the peeps that were in the accident.

I had to stem some rather nasty bleeding had nothing close at hand had to take my shirt off and use that :blink: so just kneeled over this bloke in nothing but my bra and skirt, but I stopped the bleeding, then nice paramedic blokey lent me his yellow coat. yay. :group-cuddles:

it makes me feel good helping other people.

Well when i got knocked off my scooter im glad people stopped to help me because it was morning rush traffic and i was on the floor in the middle of a very busy cross junction in pain and very dazed!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links