Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Cts Test

Toyosupra[pt]

what it does do is handle well enough

Except in the wet..... WHERE is IS amazing.

Its the only car i have driven that feels "safe" and it will stay where you want it no matter what speed (within reason) on a wet road.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick-Johnson

• SKG

• exon16m

• Yarisboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the wrong car, if you've purchased it like myself as an everyday car to scare myself in occasionally then its the perfect car...

Just my opinion so don't shot me... :group-cuddles:

Shot you? You are in a CTS forum and we are going to shot you for loving your CTS? So, do we need to apologise to someone for loving our cars?

Well, I also believe CTS is a far better car than the CTR. If I wouldn't believe it I wouldn't buy it. The CTR is totally awkward: the interior quality is totally poor, the gearshift sits where your ashtray should be, it is noisy and uncomfortable. Ride is a mesh, suspension is stiff and most of all, looks are really pathetic! Actually the whole Civic range is awful. This 5d version is like a bucket turned upside down! And CTR is not far from that!

Hey Nick, how do you like MY objective judgement now?

Its the only car i have driven that feels "safe" and it will stay where you want it no matter what speed (within reason) on a wet road.

Yeah i agree for sure this car is amazing in the wet, feels glued to the road and you just have the confidence to push the car knowing it will stay where you put it on the road, i find the traction out of corners amazing, hey i know it aint no supper car and i hear people saying it's no hot hatch but it is evry bit the measure of the ST170 which is a hot hatch. :hokus-pokus:

What tyres you guys got fitted to your TS mine came with Michelin Pilot something or others and to be quite frank they are pretty pants dry or wet, although they do make nice noises, but the Dunlop SP somethingorothers on my Yaris were miles grippier wet or dry, infact in the Dry I couldn't get them to budge, the michelins in the wet or dry however have put my TS sideways, its good fun but there's no doubting there are a whole host of tyres that should have been fitted instead of the Michelins...

Hey Nick, how do you like MY objective judgement now?

That was the most intelligent post I have ever read! :rolleyes:

Bad build quality! :lol: How would you know?

Not going to rise to any of your one sided replys I will sit back and watch you making a fool of yourself it much more fun! :D

Nick

Yeah, it's been almost a week since we've had a good old "CTS vs the world" fight. Let me reming you what happened in the previous series: Nick-Johnson was accused of spying for Honda in the TOC!

Now the time has come again for our heros to demolish all evil forces in TOC and at last make it a nice place to live!

Nick, who spoke of build quality? Where do YOU know about build quality? I spoke about interior quality... you know, fabrics, facia, ... they don't even stand close the CTS! CTR is more like of plymobile quality.

And also, thank you very much for considering that anyone saying good words about the CTS and bad for your CTR, is just making fool of himself! This shows how much objective you are!

Cool Pic, hard too tell but were you totaly sideways?

see the ruber from the front tyre . £230 of rubber 70 miles cooooooooll :D

Yeah i agree for sure this car is amazing in the wet, feels glued to the road and you just have the confidence to push the car knowing it will stay where you put it on the road, i find the traction out of corners amazing, hey i know it aint no supper car and i hear people saying it's no hot hatch but it is evry bit the measure of the ST170 which is a hot hatch. :hokus-pokus:

not sure its still on standard rubber that it came with. I have played with it on a wet grassy/muddy field and at 30 mph and did 90 degree hardturns .... it was like it was on rails compaired to my brothers bmw 323 that span of into the hedge nearly when we tryed the same thing in it.

I also find the 323 very twichy in the wet on fast roads compaired to the CTS

oh come on grow up.

we've had this argument 10 times over.

the CTR most definately IS the better racer and I don't care what anyone here says.

the CTS is ideal for those who don't want the intensity of the CTR all day long and gives the CTR a pretty good run for its money with a few mods.

There, Leave it.

Stop it, shhh.

oh come on grow up.

Stop it, shhh.

Argee

I also agree! These people just showing off their CTRs in this forum should eventually stop doing this... There are more interesting things to discuss!

I have had both older civics and now, my Corolla! I love my rolla to bits, but if I was going to buy a car more based around performace (and I could afford the insurance!) I have to say the CTR it would be over the CTS.

There just meaner looking and from all I have read, better performers. Just my opinion! Slate me if U will, but Im with Nick! ;)

Ad

Showing off, :lol:

Your on a wind up surely, sinice I changed my car I dont think I have had any problems in this Corolla forum apart from your daft posts!

You have a one sided views and are not prepared to understand the other side of the coin, for me the CTR is everything I want in a car at the moment which I am sure goes for your CTS!

If you really were passionate about your cars you would realise that both cars have different things to offer and to say that one is crap just for the hell of it really dont make any sence!

Nick

Showing off, :lol:

Your on a wind up surely, sinice I changed my car I dont think I have had any problems in this Corolla forum apart from your daft posts!

You have a one sided views and are not prepared to understand the other side of the coin, for me the CTR is everything I want in a car at the moment which I am sure goes for your CTS!

If you really were passionate about your cars you would realise that both cars have different things to offer and to say that one is crap just for the hell of it really dont make any sence!

Nick

Completely agree!

Neither car is crap! They just have different strengths and weaknesses. At the end of the day, its personal preference. :rolleyes:

oh come on grow up.

Stop it, shhh.

Argee

I also agree! These people just showing off their CTRs in this forum should eventually stop doing this... There are more interesting things to discuss!

Come on REALITY CHECK....

The CTS vs any car will always be an amusing topic esp againts a CTR with out both sides reprosented this forum would be bo*****s

... all people would chat about is "did you hear a squeek in the car when going over a bump" etc

Nick, the truth is that many people just left the forum because they couldn't take the onesided views of you and a few more people. That's the reason I am the only one complaining.

The problem is that this forum pops up so often when you google the web (this is how I found it at least). And at the time I joined (some one year ago), I could just find posts of you having problems with the TS. So, I left the forum for some time. Now, about six months later, all I see is that you are still doing the same thing!

Following up on people with problems, just saying, "oh yes, the Corolla seems to have a lot of problems" and "my CTR has had no problems". Or, "if you visit this place... do you mind me coming wit my CTR?". It's fine that you like your car. I also do. All I am asking is stop bragging about YOUR car because this is a TOYOTA OWNERS club. And I don't like new people joining in, who don't know your story, believing that CTS is a crap and that even Toyota Owners think that we should sell our CTSs and buy CTRs!!!! Which is so wrong...

Now, you may try as many times to make fun of me to other people ("hey ad, he is on you now!". I have never done so! But I will continue to fight you openly in this forum until you understand that what you are doing is wrong.

SGK,

Name me one person who has left this forum through what I have mentioned from a previous post, I bet you will struggle to name one person!

Basically you have just totally contradicted yourself by saying that this is a Toyota forum to be used by Toyota owners, well if I cant post on here asking for peoples advise when I was having problems with my CTS where do you suggest I should of gone!

All I am stating is mealy a fact I had problems with my Corolla which I came here for advise and got some very helpful information, surely this is what this forum is for! You seem to think I don’t have a place on here because I drive a non-Toyota, I have made many friends here who really don’t care what car I drive and show a keen interest in the opposition unlike you.

If you look you will see that you’re the one that’s not happy there is people on here that own Corolla TS’s but are still fond of the Type_R is almost like you want to tell them off for doing so! I still rate the TS and am currently trying to get a friend of mine to purchase one, and I am anti Toyota I don’t think so!

You can carry on until your blue in the face SKG, but that fact is you don’t have an argument!

Nick :thumbsup:

I have received so many emails on my private account but I am not going to say who these people are. Now you either accept it or continue to believe I am lying, I just don't care. But if you want to check it yourslef you may find people used to posting emails on the Corolla forum and now they don't any more! Well, these people explained the reason to me!

Second thing, I am not totally sure whose face is blue! If it was a bet, I would certainly say your's the one: You are totally continue to missing the point! (Is that now smoke coming off you ears?) :yes: I never said you have no right to continue using this forum. But I insist you cannot just post for YOUR car and say the CTS has problems.

Do you get it, or even my English is better than yours (because my car is)? :lol::lol::lol:

SGK,

Name me one person who has left this forum through what I have mentioned from a previous post, I bet you will struggle to name one person!

Nick :thumbsup:

ditto

"Club Member

Group: Registered Member

Member No.: 6983

Model: Corolla TS

Greeks... 31 posts and they already know everything how typicaly greek.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links