Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Wax, Polish?

admanirv

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knightrider

• Yaris-Nut

• munkeyboy

• ferrariboyuk

Here's mine just before the accident. Taken in one of the worst lighting conditions and not very artistic .. but you get the idea.

Clicky

Thats polished with Klasse All-in-one and 4 layers of sealant glaze. Looks ace in nice weather! :thumbsup:

Soapy water you must be mad!

Jet wash my alloys, takes a second on each one, then dry them off.

Used to get down on my hands and knees and give them a good hand scrub, but its so hard to reach some parts of the wheels.

I use soapy (really soapy) water too! And no need to dry them off. But hardly never use my pressure washer on them. Dont want to wash off the tyre dressing.

Whats wrong with good old elbow grease. I get under my car to do the back rims and put full lock on to get to the front. Trying not to scratch the all skin off my arms and hands in the process. They shine better that way (not my arms).

I take my wheels off once a week & give them a good polish!!!!

Think i need to get out more :P

Whats wrong with good old elbow grease.

I agree with that! I hate pressure washers... you can get a much cleaner car/wheel by using a good solution and sponge! Then good old elbow grease! Then when you're chamois-ing it off, you can see the bits you missed and go over them again!

Here's mine just before the accident. Taken in one of the worst lighting conditions and not very artistic .. but you get the idea.

Clicky

Thats polished with Klasse All-in-one and 4 layers of sealant glaze. Looks ace in nice weather!  :thumbsup:

thats a nice result - glad you like the products!

best bit is - all you need do is wash and dry the car for the couple of months :thumbsup:

thats a nice result - glad you like the products!

best bit is - all you need do is wash and dry the car for the couple of months  :thumbsup:

Yeah .. its the best car products i've ever used thanks mate! It took me ages and alot of cleaning and wiping to do 4 layers in the space of 10 days. I think i started to get addicted ... just like the guy from super size me! :lol: But definatley looking forward to only washing and drying my car for about 6 months!

Although i must say .. i have seen a very nice gradual improvement after every coating, but my friend said the result was amazing as he only saw the before and after! .. very pleased about that myself! :D

I got some P21S on order aswell .. and will slap it on when i've got 8 layers of sealant (meant to be the daddy of all finishing waxes for klasse products .. or so i've heard :D ).

Now .. just need to get my bonnet replaced first! <_<

I got some P21S on order aswell .. and will slap it on when i've got 8 layers of sealant (meant to be the daddy of all finishing waxes for klasse products .. or so i've heard  :D ).

Now .. just need to get my bonnet replaced first!  <_<

P21S goes over the Klasse lovely - I have a tub myself.

on a really dark car like mine though, I prefer pinacle souveran :thumbsup:

Good stuff mate .. will need to keep that in mind!  :thumbsup:

Klasse AIO is great stuff, but the sealant is hard work. Meguiars hi-tech yellow wax #26 makes a nice topper or any "pure" carnuba wax for that matter.

Peter

Klasse AIO is great stuff, but the sealant is hard work. Meguiars hi-tech yellow wax #26 makes a nice topper or any "pure" carnuba wax for that matter.

Peter

You can say that again! .. I reckon my right arm's twice the size of the my left arm after all that wax on wax off stuff! :lol:

And yup .. P21S is also carnauba wax .. and i cant wait to see the effect!

:runs away all excited: :thumbsup:

I’m still confused by this polish and wax business.

I was just starting to think that polish acts as a kind of cleaner and removes oxidation, while wax adds a layer of protection.

So why the hell am I looking at a cleaner wax on meguiar’s website, which cleans, polishes and protects? :crybaby:

I’m still confused by this polish and wax business.

I was just starting to think that polish acts as a kind of cleaner and removes oxidation, while wax adds a layer of protection.

So why the hell am I looking at a cleaner wax on meguiar’s website, which cleans, polishes and protects?  :crybaby:

Well mate i'm not sure about Meguiars .. but it may be similar to Klasse All-In-One, where by its polish and wax in one. But it does not clean as much as normal polishes that are required for oxidised paint work. What it does do is lightly take off all the surface contaminents and old wax layers so once u use it, it will be bonding to the paintwork rather than old wax.

Once applied you can buff it to a shine as it creates a synthetic wax barrier over your paint ... and you can also put other products like waxes or sealants over this base coat for an ultimate shine.

Basically what i'm saying is if you have a fairly new car where the paintwork is in good condition, all you need is one of these all in one polish/waxes as they will clean light dirt and still contains protection. But if your car is oxidised and in bad shape then you need to get a proper polishing liquid and get it looking good first before u do anything else.

Thats my way of thinking anyway! :thumbsup:

so i'm sweat it seems. I used a polishing wax on me new car which is ok then. yippee.

Think i'll still move over to autoglym's resin polish followed by exta gloss protection. That way i can build up some extra layers using the exta gloss protection and wont be near the final paint finish should a need to use any scratch remover.

Am i right in saying that last sentence?

Well if your trying to ask if building up the extra layers will protect your car from scratches and stone chips then .. no it wont. As these things can always damage your paintwork being so forceful. But what you will find is that building up the layers will create a better shine on your car and protect your paint from any contaminents like acid rain, tar, etc.

Well if your trying to ask if building up the extra layers will protect your car from scratches and stone chips then .. no it wont. As these things can always damage your paintwork being so forceful. But what you will find is that building up the layers will create a better shine on your car and protect your paint from any contaminents like acid rain, tar, etc.

I was thinking more of just scuff marks, not actually affecting the paint itself. and can come off with T-cut to leave no traces. That way i'll just be t-cuting the wax layers, yes? :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

go with meguiars and u will neva look back.. here is a pic after 3 layerz of wax:P went a lil crazy.. pics arent really high quality but u get the idea

Hi mate, i really love the look of your yaris :wub: i want to ask you where you got your chrome side mirrors from cause they look booooooooooooom! :eek::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I've have a T reg Yaris I think the colour is called Moon light blue or something,

Yaris%20Front.jpg

I bought it in june, I have yet to give it the full works, clean, wax ect.

In what order do you recomend I going to spent hours on this.

Also glass! I can never get it clean, water just leaves so many marks.

Get some Autoglym Glass cleaner. that'll sort the windows out a treat.

( I should know, I've got more glass on my car than most ! )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links