Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rover...

reece

Doesn't look too good for the last mass producing car maker in our country.

Would you consider buying a Rover if it meant it survived?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• reece

• scionic

• Monster-Mat

• Gareth B

Looking at the prices and the discounts around the Rovers are very cheap for what you get. It's a long time since I had one so I don't know what the build quality is like these days. On principle though, not many people could afford to buy one just to be patriotic. :)

Doesn't look too good for the last mass producing car maker in our country.

Would you consider buying a Rover if it meant it survived?

nope.... not my cuppa t at all

no they are terrible

and when it comes to the chaved up MG toss that they produce i would rather remove a gonad with a rusty door knocker

ITS STILL A BLEEDING ROVER! just a bit lower with more mesh

and when it comes to the chaved up MG toss that they produce i would rather remove a gonad with a rusty door knocker

ITS STILL A BLEEDING ROVER!

Steady on ol' chap :lol:

Nahhh - Rover are too bland - their cars are all the same and they havent brought anything decent out for years....

CityRover anyone? :lol::lol::lol:

Its a shame we are losing our last remaining manufacturer and all but Rover have been on a downwards slide since BMW got rid of them.....

:censorer:tyrover? No way! If you think the interior of a Yaris is plasticy...

Sorry, their product just doesn't do anything for me, the reliability is dubious and image atrocious.

They were actually doing pretty well and pulling themselves out of the awful BL and Austin-Rover days until BMW dropped them in the poo. since then it has been a slippery slope once they were divorced from Land Rover.

I hope that it all gets sorted, because there are a lot of inventive minds there and they deserve a chance to shine :thumbsup:

A

Never liked Rover, will never buy one thats for sure, dont know anyone who would want one......

I still cant figure out 'why' they still bother making them....the only people who buy them are old people who have grown up with crap cars and young people who dont know anything about cars....

Dont get me started on the 'mid life crisis' people who go out buying MG badged Rovers :lol:

My missus runs a 214 - M Reg - thats basically a honda integra with a rover interior.

The fact that its 80% honda means its still going - the fact that its 20% Rover means that we use it as the family wagon. It goes to the skip, gets left in dodgey carparks and generally goes anywhere I'm not happy to take the Yaris.

My missus works in a barn conversion about 2 miles up a farm road - the rover gets caked in cow poo every week, but it never bothers me ...

Oh - and did I mention it was a gift from my dad to my missus ... otherwise theres absolutely now way in hell we'd have have it!

my mate sells em! he had an opportunity to move to honda but stayed, really advised him to get out quick but stayed as he has a chance of managing his dealership

theyre goin down the pan (a bigger pan) theyre possibly being taken over by some chinese company arent they?

I used to work in a rover dealership in the bodyshop and i can confirm the cars are very poor quality

The amount of times brand new cars came back for warranty repairs is shocking.

My brother bought a 25 against my better judgement and my other brothers girlfriend has one too.

Both cars have had head gaskets done and are both are under 4 yrs old... with fsh????

Most of the engines are very old designs and need to be replaced...(imo)

tis a great shame but they are shockin, my mates only solice is that he can sell subarus and isuzu pickups!!!

I had a 216 once upon a time :ph34r: The only good thing about it was the Honda engine but it was connected to a Rover gearbox which went bang!

No, would never buy one either! It's their own fault that their sales have slumped!

I wouldn't touch a rover.. but.. some of them had descent engines.. but THEY were Honda engines :lol: (the ones with the gold colour under the oil cap)

when you buy a Rover they give you a flat cap, string back gloves and a travel blanket :lol:

My first car was a Rover 100, it never let me down and was a fantastic little go-cart.

The k-series engine in my opinion is one of the best N/A engines to tune for little money, especially the 1800cc. Remember this engine used to be used in the Lotus Elise (Until Toyota got in there :thumbsup: ) and also the Caterham series. You can't beat the sound of a tuned k-series with a lumpy cam idle and throttle bodies.

The only Rover I'd buy would be an MG ZS 180 (terrible interior) or a k-series Lotus Elise Exige.

Joe

rover is going down the pan , because of the blind ignorance shown on this topic.

the rover K series engine...built and designed by Rover is still one of the most advanced all alloy engines in the world. the gearbox , that was refered to as being Crap.was a peugeot gearbox

all rover chassis are Still (except the 45) based on the Honda Concerto/accord Floorpan.

the Engines that honda put in, were actually not the best ones, only the twin cam 1.6 was a decent engine, whereas the 2 litre T series engines were very good especially the Turbo versions., the T series was a Rover engine!!

If more people supported the company rather than knock it for what was basically a 70's reshuffle ***** up, then rover would be doing very well now.

I think we will be loosing a very good manufacturer when rover Goes, and there will be nobody to blame but us British.

rover is going down the pan , because of the blind ignorance shown on this topic.

the rover K series engine...built and designed by Rover is still one of the most advanced all alloy engines in the world.

all rover chassis are Still (except the 45) based on the Honda Concerto/accord Floorpan.

the Engines that honda put in, were actually not the best ones, only the twin cam 1.6 was a decent engine, whereas the 2 litre T series engines were very good especially the Turbo versions.

If more people supported the company rather than knock it for what was basically a 70's reshuffle ***** up, then rover would be doing very well now.

I think we will be loosing a very good manufacturer when rover Goes, and there will be nobody to blame but us British.

I agree with some of your points (engine especially), but Rover have really let themselves down by rebranding 10+ year old cars as new which still contain Austin parts!! Bodywork and interior is also terrible on all models. They have dug their own grave to a certain extent.

Ok, probably didn't have the money to launch new models and when they do (MG SV - £66k!) they get it all wrong.

BMW did them no favours really and it was a bad move to get involved with a company that wouldn't want MG competition in the sports saloon market. Am I right in thinking that there was a lot of design work done with Honda that got wasted when the link was cut? Staying with Honda might have done the trick but - too late now. :(

indeed its to late now, they have Just called in the Recievers....

MG Rover has now gone into Administration......

Im really pretty Gutted

I liked the Mini does that count?

Wouldn't have thought so. The Mini was something that the Rover Group inherited. The basic car wasn't much different from the original 1960's model. In saying that though, the Rover Cooper was a stunner. ( still thinking about getting one ! )

The old Rovers (60's and 70's) were lovely cars, but of late Rover haven't really inspired me to look twice. The BMW Mini isn't a Rover, but more to the point, It isn't a Mini anymore :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links