Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Impreza!

earpl

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scionic

• KidKoala

• Karma Supra

• Twincam.GTi

Hmmm, a new Subaru Imprezza ...

...how long before this falls into the hands of some 'Chav' who will then proceed to stick a 'dump valve' on it and drive like a moron :lol:

It looks like a flippin Renault at first glance!

Anyway I'm more interested in this

15 New Yaris is in the pink!

Toyota's bright plans for cheeky supermini-MPV

A replacement for the Yaris Verso perhaps?

Anyway this new Impreza - I'm guessing its due in 2007 with the "07" registration plate then?

I presume its a design that has to grow on ya.. as it looks ugly at first glance..

Then aagin.. it thought the bug eye one would grow on me.. but its still f-ugly! :!Removed!:

no em, the new yaris verso is also in the mag, more like a vahxhall meriva kind on design instead of van (not size aspect).

I would rather have my balls hacked off with a rusty spoon then be seen driving a subaru impreza :D

It looks like a flippin Renault at first glance!

Spot on! :yes:

Definitely got a gen 7 Celica look at front and sides, and yes the back looks very Alfa.

Joe

Karma Supra:I would rather have my balls hacked off with a rusty spoon then be seen driving a subaru impreza 

:crybaby: ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! nice :thumbsup:

...how long before this falls into the hands of some 'Chav' who will then proceed to stick a 'dump valve' on it and drive like a moron  :lol:

Ah, but the Impreza's not a crap Chav car. It's a real sporting car with AWD and a well sorted suspension. They are excellent cars worthy of respect. :thumbsup:

I think the new one is a little odd looking, but much better than the bug-eyes version. WRX and WRX-STI are ferocious road eating monsters for which Toyota has no equal in the current range. Subaru deserves credit for taking performance seriously. It's too bad Toyota doesn't seem to these days. It's especially nice that Subaru delivers class leading performance for a fair price and without requiring you pay for a bunch of useless coddling luxury features. These days you've got to look at expensive Lexus models if you want anything remotely like a performance car and that is unfortunate.

scionic Posted Today, 02:16 AM
  QUOTE(Twincam.GTi @ Apr 16 2005, 07:53 PM)

...how long before this falls into the hands of some 'Chav' who will then proceed to stick a 'dump valve' on it and drive like a moron 

Ah, but the Impreza's not a crap Chav car. It's a real sporting car with AWD and a well sorted suspension. They are excellent cars worthy of respect.

You want to live were I do! the amount of dodgy imported ones (no desrespect to proper inport agencies) that have been badly messed with is hilarious :lol:

Karma Supra Posted Apr 16 2005, 08:59 PM

I would rather have my balls hacked off with a rusty spoon then be seen driving a subaru impreza 

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That and a Mitsubushi 'Heave Ho' (Evo) :thumbsup:

I'm surprised to hear people knock the Impreza and especially the Mitsubishi EVO.

Toyota has NOTHING comparable to these cars. If anything, we should be going on about THAT.

Knock a car with a brilliant driver controlled AWD system, 300 hp and telepathic handling when many of us drive FWD economy cars?

That makes sense.

A WRX STI or EVO MR would leave any recent Toyota's in the dust.

I'm not sure what's so funny about that.

I am really a bit disappointed, guys. Are we that shortsighted? :(

I'm surprised to hear people knock the Impreza and especially the Mitsubishi EVO.

Toyota has NOTHING comparable to these cars. If anything, we should be going on about THAT.

Knock a car with a brilliant driver controlled AWD system, 300 hp and telepathic handling when many of us drive FWD economy cars?

That makes sense.

The scooby and the evo have unfortunatley been taken over by the baseball cap wearing numptys. As you can pick up a 92-98 scooby for under 6k evo's are a bit more expensive.

They are aware that they have a 4wd 240-300bhp car, but they dont seem to know how to drive them....

I dont have a problem with the scooby or the evo infact I think they are nice cars... I just have a problem with some of the drivers.

Dont get me wrong my mate has a uk turbo 2000 I think it's a good car and it is quick. But it is very easy to drive these cars like a :censor: ******

And no toyota dont at the moment have a car to match a evo or a scooby... but thats toyota's problem they are dumb.

scionic Posted Today, 10:08 AM

That makes sense.

I am really a bit disappointed, guys. Are we that shortsighted? 

I'm supprised you 'Good ole Boys' across the pond are even impressed at a car that chucks out misely 300hp. You guys are home to the 'Muscle car' with proper horse power. Your Chargers, Mustangs :drool: , Firebird Trans-ams :drool::drool: and so on. Also nothing with less than a V8 'neath the hood :thumbsup: .

Grab yer boots and Grab yer Gun, for the South is a goin' to rise again

Do the new ones still have cadburys pistons? (number 3 especially) :lol:

Not to mention the small missue of "piston ovality" ;)

That makes sense.

Erm....yes we do <_< We have the Caldina GT4. 260bhp 4wd Estate. Also dont forget we had up to 1999 the Celica GT4 ST205 which is a REAL rally car and not just some 4 door family wagon with a powerful engine.

Toyota dont do rallys anymore - hence dropping the GT4.

Toyota always wait until every other company has released their cars and then they bring out something that outpowers them.

For example the mk4 supra came out after the Skyline/300zx/rx7 etc and thus had the most power ;)

I hate Scumbaroos, not just because i dont like the cars but its the drivers too. Here we reffer to the Scooby as the car for 'chavs with money'.

Im with Karma, i'd sooner drive a nissan micra than own a scooby :thumbsup:

I'm supprised you 'Good ole Boys' across the pond are even impressed at a car that chucks out misely 300hp. You guys are home to the 'Muscle car' with proper horse power. Your Chargers, Mustangs :drool: , Firebird Trans-ams  :drool:  :drool: and so on. Also nothing with less than a V8 'neath the hood  :thumbsup: .

Grab yer boots and Grab yer Gun, for the South is a goin' to rise again

I'm not impressed with crude cars without independent rear suspension that are fast in a straight line but handle like pigs and require 6 liters to make 3-400 hp, no.

I imagine the average American might get a hard on for the so-called muscle cars, but they do nothing for me. I'd rather have a maxxed out EVO than a Mustang or Trans-am crap any day. The new Mustang is nice looking, but thats about it. Still crude. Still requires way to much engine for way too little power. Still a Ford.

Those cars are what our "chavs" drive here. Smarter people look for a bit more sophistication than that.

Erm....yes we do <_<  We have the Caldina GT4. 260bhp 4wd Estate. Also dont forget we had up to 1999 the Celica GT4 ST205 which is a REAL rally car and not just some 4 door family wagon with a powerful engine.

Toyota dont do rallys anymore - hence dropping the GT4.

Toyota always wait until every other company has released their cars and then they bring out something that outpowers them.

For example the mk4 supra came out after the Skyline/300zx/rx7 etc and thus had the most power  ;)

I hate Scumbaroos, not just because i dont like the cars but its the drivers too. Here we reffer to the Scooby as the car for 'chavs with money'.

Im with Karma, i'd sooner drive a nissan micra than own a scooby  :thumbsup:

I had no ideal this anti-subaru predjudice existed over there. I wonder if it's just TOC though. It really makes no sense at all. How is it a chav car? Do people put stupid body kits and wheels on them? That can't be the problem because more than a few TOC'ers have chav'ed out their Yaris's and such. Is it a prejudice against some drivers or a perception of what some people who own the cars drive like? Sort of like hating all BMW drivers and BMW's because a few twits have them?

Never heard of the Caldina, they don't sell it here, but I'm sure its nice. I get the impression that these "GT4" Toyota models are rare, expensive and hard to find limited production. Not really as serious a commitment to performance as I was looking for. When you can get a Caldina GT4 or Celica GT4 for a reasonable price at any Toyota dealership in the U.S. or UK without waiting months to order, then Toyota can say they are on equal footing with Subaru in that arena.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links