Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Impreza!

earpl

Bull****. Theres loadds around here. And a yaris is a yaris tbh, I wouldnt be knocking an Impreza turbo if I was driving one. It'd eat you alive.

You need to travel more.... everywhere i have lived/visited Impreza's have outnumbered the T-sports i see by about 10 to 1. I GUARANTEE that when i go to my girlfriends later that i won't see a single T-sport, but i will DEFINATLEY see at least 2 impreza's. Same everywhere. Granted, yes a yaris is a yaris, but an impreza's an impreza.... only the WRX has the performance you seem to be talking of. Im sure you wouldn't settle for the 'sport' model or whatever it is.

And yeah, you're right i wouldn't knock a car i was driving, but if it was an impreza id just drive like this:

ks5531.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scionic

• KidKoala

• Karma Supra

• Twincam.GTi

The standard Impreza is actually similiar performance the Yaris T-Sport is it not? I don't know much about em though.

Anyway, we shouldn't be comparing the Yaris to an Impreza. What I should have said is that if I was in the market for that kinda of car it wouldn't be the Impreza as its too common. Go to any Jap meet and they make up about half of the cars!

Yaris is not a fast performance saloon :(

Now you are just talking :censor:

How about the number of Yaris's vs the number of Imprezas? We are not talking about the Tsport now, seeing as you said only the WRX counts.

There are Yaris's on every street corner here, I see a subara or two a day, if that.

Edited by knowlson

Now you are just talking  :censor:

How about the number of Yaris's vs the number of Imprezas? We are not talking about the Tsport now, seeing as you said only the WRX counts.

There are Yaris's on every street corner here, I see a subara or two a day, if that.

Your right. Yaris is very popular. But as I said. We shouldn't be comparing the Yaris to the Impreza. We should be comparing similiar cars (like the evo, or skyline, dc5, etc...).

Edited by knowlson

How the hell has this gone from the new scooby to wrx vs yaris t sport :lol::lol:

This thread is nuts but a good read, just watch the language.... ;) I would hate to have to close this...

If it wasn't for the 'Mini' (And it's designer the late Sir Alec Isigonis) there may not have been so many FWD cars (such as a Yaris). For the Mini pioneered the FWD 'package' of transverse mounted engine driving front wheels succesffully as per most small/compact cars do today!

AW well, I'll not hold it against it :D ;)

I'm not claiming mini to be the first FWD car, for many others have done that such as the 1900's Spiker, 1930's Citroen 'Traction avant' and even the East German Trabant. It's just that Mini showed the world how it could be a compact successful design.

Spot on :thumbsup: Although the Trabant is newer then people think it is....

Its just the russian/East German design was rather..... "backwards"

Funny things to drive.. but garanteed to start, in ANY Temperature!

Made out of cardboard too :D

Now you are just talking  :censor:

Your right. Yaris is very popular. But as I said. We shouldn't be comparing the Yaris to the Impreza. We should be comparing similiar cars (like the evo, or skyline, dc5, etc...).

The reason we are comparing these two cars is not because of their similarity.

He said that he hates common cars, because they are boring ;) yet he drives a Yaris, which can be found on every street corner, unlike a scooby impreza.

Point taken?

Actually it was me who said common cars are boring. But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to buy one! I agree that the Yaris is common, and yes it's a bit boring.

Got a new car now though :) Honda CRX VTEC mk2 which isn't common at all. And it's sexy :D

Thats on my list of cars to get. Has been for a long time.

Do you vacate CRX-UK?

Do you vacate CRX-UK?

Yep, under the same name :) You won't regret getting one if you do. Fantastic car.

Yeah, recognised your username from somewhere :P

My housemate wants one as well!

My next car is going to be a Mini though.

I assume you are reffering to the flashing of lights and waving of hands :) !

Every mini driver greets every other mini driver in this fashion.

How tall are you? I'm 6ft 1" and have no probs driving a mini...

Yeah that's a tradition with the owners of any somewhat unusual car.

Here in the U.S. drivers of aircooled Volkswagens or any Volkswagen van, do the same thing.

I've found that most xB/bB drivers wave at each other too, since they are not all that common anywhere except downtown Tokyo perhaps.

Coming from a Yaris owner :lol:

Yaris T-Sport owner think you'll find.... they ain't that common. Far less common than an Impreza.

Some how I doubt that. Even Echo's (Yaris saloon) are more common than Impreza's here and Echo sales are so bad Toyota is dropping them from the lineup in the U.S.

Incidentally, the "regular" Impreza here will easily outaccelerate any Yaris, even the turbo. But we have a N/A 2.5 liter 165 hp in our regular Impreza, I beleive you guys get the 2.0.

Incidentally, the "regular" Impreza here will easily outaccelerate any Yaris, even the turbo. But we have a N/A 2.5 liter 165 hp in our regular Impreza, I beleive you guys get the 2.0.

We even get a bog standard 1.6 here :rolleyes::lol:

The reason they are 2.0ltr is because you can only enter a rally with a car that has no more than 2000cc displacement. Am I right?

The standard 2.0ltr has 123bhp and does 0-60 in over 9seconds. Not all the impressive. Let alone the 1.6 :wacko:

And on the drive home I saw 5 impreza's (in 16 miles). No Yaris T-Sports though ;)

We even get a bog standard 1.6 here :rolleyes::lol:

1.6 Impreza?

I'll agree with you guys on that one being crap. :lol:

One sort of nice thing about America, they don't try to put 1.6 liters in Impreza's and 1.8 liters in 5 series BMW's here.

One of the first things I noticed travelling abroad was all the neutered versions of good cars you get there. I know fuel is expensive, but WTF don't people choose the diesel then? Who would rather have an anemic limp-wristed 1.6 in a mid-sized car when you could have a 2.0 turbodiesel with twice the torque, better acceleration and better fuel mileage too???

Granted the initial purchase price is probably a bit more but still. I'd rather have a used 2.0 diesel I'd enjoy than a 1500kg car with a 1.6 liter that I'm certain to hate.

Come to think of it, why would anyone choose a 1.0 Yaris over the 1.4 diesel for that matter? :ph34r:

The reason they are 2.0ltr is because you can only enter a rally with a car that has no more than 2000cc displacement. Am I right?

The standard 2.0ltr has 123bhp and does 0-60 in over 9seconds. Not all the impressive. Let alone the 1.6 :wacko:

And on the drive home I saw 5 impreza's (in 16 miles). No Yaris T-Sports though ;)

I think we've cleared it up, Yaris' are common, Yaris T-Sport are not. Never mind that it's 90% the same car.

I think I'm going to have to agree that the 1.6 and 2.0 Impreza's are nothing special, just like any car of that weight and size with such an underwhelming engine. I'm just glad they didn't try to inflict those models on us here.

I can assure you that even the standard 2.5 Impreza (165hp) we get here is pretty cracking stuff. 0-60 in the low 7 second range I believe and AWD is always a plus (unless you've got the 1.6 or 2.0!)

The WRX and WRX STI models are outstanding and at $30,000 the STI is hardly "cheap" though it will see off many, many cars costing twice or three times that price. It's performance for people who care more about performance than connolly leather and walnut trim and 32 coats of paint. :thumbsup:

I can assure you that even the standard 2.5 Impreza (165hp) we get here is pretty cracking stuff. 0-60 in the low 7 second range I believe and AWD is always a plus (unless you've got the 1.6 or 2.0!)

The WRX and WRX STI models are outstanding and at $30,000 the STI is hardly "cheap" though it will see off many, many cars costing twice or three times that price. It's performance for people who care more about performance than connolly leather and walnut trim and 32 coats of paint.  :thumbsup:

165?? That's good is it? Geez. :rolleyes: I'd think there was something wrong with my car. An extra 500cc and 50 bhp down on what Honda and Toyota can get out of their engines. That's, erm, great. (and Toyota/Honda don't use turbo's anymore)

The reason that people go for the 1.6 and 2.0 is because petrol is 90p per liter, and we don't want to pollute the earth (unlike the Yanks, who proved it with the Kyoto (sp) agreement - or lack of).

And my BMX* is cheaper than any car, doesn't make it better.

And my trainers are cheaper tham my bike, doesn't make them better.

Just understand - you think (being an American) BMW's, Mercs, Audi's and Scoobies are the dogs danglies. We see them every day and they are not all that. You get to see 4.0 V8's day in, day out. We get the occasional TVR and think they are great.

* I don't own a BMX .. I'm not a townie hanging outside of Maccy D's in my Reebok Classics (in white).

The WRX and WRX STI models are outstanding and at $30,000 the STI is hardly "cheap" though it will see off many, many cars costing twice or three times that price. It's performance for people who care more about performance than connolly leather and walnut trim and 32 coats of paint.  :thumbsup:

165?? That's good is it? Geez. :rolleyes: I'd think there was something wrong with my car. An extra 500cc and 50 bhp down on what Honda and Toyota can get out of their engines. That's, erm, great. (and Toyota/Honda don't use turbo's anymore)

The reason that people go for the 1.6 and 2.0 is because petrol is 90p per liter, and we don't want to pollute the earth (unlike the Yanks, who proved it with the Kyoto (sp) agreement - or lack of).

And my BMX* is cheaper than any car, doesn't make it better.

And my trainers are cheaper tham my bike, doesn't make them better.

Just understand - you think (being an American) BMW's, Mercs, Audi's and Scoobies are the dogs danglies. We see them every day and they are not all that. You get to see 4.0 V8's day in, day out. We get the occasional TVR and think they are great.

Well... it is the base model and it's an older engine. It's about to be uprated (finally). It does have gobs of useable low end torque too. HP isn't everything after all.

I have a feeling if petrol was 30p a liter there, you would all suddenly become a lot less concerned with the environment. ;) It's human nature. That said, I do have 30p a liter petrol and I still choose to drive only cars that get exceptional fuel mileage and are good for the earth.

The Kyoto Protocol wasn't decided upon by all Yanks, it was decided upon by our idiot president who won by a slim margin both times 'round. Let's not forget that. If it was up to me, giant V8s would be illegal except for industry and we'd all be driving Yaris' and Priuses and diesel-hybrids. Seriously.

I've been abroad many times, and I know that BMW's Mercs and the like are more common there. Most Americans crap the first time they see a Merc taxi. There would probably be more of them here too if they sold the 1.8 liter Audi A6's and the Mercs with 2.2 liter diesels and vinyl seats!

No one here puts Subarus in the same class as those cars though and I doubt you see WRX STI's all day long. I was never meaning to say that an Impreza 1.6 is the "dog's danglies". Surely it ain't. But a 300 hp AWD car with driver controlled differentials and a sub 5 sec 0-60 is the dog's danglies no matter where on the planet you live unless you're smoking crack.

Oh, and a 4.0 liter V8 is smallish by our standards. We like the 5-6 liter variety here. But I'm not a fan, I beleive in less is more. The 8.0 liter Dodge Viper V10 is impressive, but I'd take a Mitsubishi EVO8 or even a BMW M5 over it any day. :thumbsup:

Got a new car now though :) Honda CRX VTEC mk2 which isn't common at all. And it's sexy :D

Ah I thought I had seen your name somewhere else :)

Was it you in the Yaris at the Reading Jap meet the other day?

Do you vacate CRX-UK?

CRX-Uk is a good ol' site :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links