Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ignis Sport Or T- Sport?

Baby Yari

The Ignis might be cheaper, but it'll also loose its value a hell of a lot quicker than the Yaris........that's gotta be a consideration??? :unsure:

I was looking at the MG ZT 160 before I got the CTS as it was sh*t hot performance for about £18k, but even back then you could take one look at the residuals (one year old car for £10k and three year old for nearly half that) and you realise you'll never get any money for it at the end of the day.

Surely motoring costs enough these days without killing yourself on depreciation more than necessary??? Toyota's are legendary for their reliability, longevity and with good performance and looks to boot.

I'd say - go for it - you won't be disappointed with a Toyota!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baby Yari

• Demonic Angel

• scionic

• earpl

im i big fan of the ignis sport i think there cool, yes they will hold up to a TS too. al, the only problem is you used a pic of a p2 TS, so it dont look as good :P

im i big fan of the ignis sport i think there cool, yes they will hold up to a TS too. al, the only problem is you used a pic of a p2 TS, so it dont look as good :P

I've been waiting for that! :P

He's buying new so it had to be a phase 2, alright matey? :rolleyes:

That pic's also European and there's no roof spoiler. :o

I've been waiting for that! :P

He's buying new so it had to be a phase 2, alright matey? :rolleyes:

That pic's also European and there's no roof spoiler. :o

I wouldnt worry about Earpl Al..... he will change his mind about the P2 when he sees me Kaori at Brunters.... and if he doesn't..... I will use my womanly wiles to make him change his mind! lol :lol::lol:

I wouldnt worry about Earpl Al..... he will change his mind about the P2 when he sees me Kaori at Brunters.... and if he doesn't..... I will use my womanly wiles to make him change his mind! lol :lol:  :lol:

:lol: Oh I think we should all worry about earpl, Em, especially after seeing that playlist of his in another thread! ;)

Nah it'll be from 2nd hand! No where near rich enough to buy brand new, dont think i'll ever have enough money too! Still, we can but dream!!

Nah it'll be from 2nd hand! No where near rich enough to buy brand new, dont think i'll ever have enough money too! Still, we can but dream!!

Oh well! In that case, how about this one?... (only in right hand drive!) ;)

ts.jpg

(Happy, earpl?)

Think long term... when you come to want to sell it you'll get peanuts for the 'zuki, and then you'll be lucky if you get that.

Yari hold their value, and are a hell of a lot more popular

:. its your car, go with your guts on this one!

like everyone has said only you can decide,drive them both,think what you can afford, what you like the look of best and go for it...lifes to short not too. BUT if you buy the ignis and in 2-3 years you come to sell it and the salesman comes out with a handfull of beans in his hand as a trade in value! dont say you wern"t warned good luck. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Ignis is 0.1sec faster to 62mph. That's a tiny plus point for it. Minus point, the Ignis Sport has rear drum brakes instead of discs....

Sorry to correct a few here, but the Ignis has discs all round. It is lighter, quicker, brakes better, handles better. At the end of the day, take both for a test drive, and decide which you think is better.

Sorry to correct a few here, but the Ignis has discs all round. It is lighter, quicker, brakes better, handles better.

Why did you buy a T-Sport then??? ;)

ha but i whooped a guy in an ignis so obviously the old biddys that drive em cant handle the ultimate supercar performance?!?!?!?!?!

ha but i whooped a guy in an ignis so obviously the old biddys that drive em cant handle the ultimate supercar performance?!?!?!?!?!

pmsl @ Lee....

I must admit, the Ignis does have an older driver look to it - it doesnt look half as sporty as the TS does!

Ignis is 0.1sec faster to 62mph. That's a tiny plus point for it. Minus point, the Ignis Sport has rear drum brakes instead of discs....

Sorry to correct a few here, but the Ignis has discs all round. It is lighter, quicker, brakes better, handles better. At the end of the day, take both for a test drive, and decide which you think is better.

Well I admit I haven't inspected one (me on a Suzuki forecourt? Give me a break!) but I got this from Suzuki's website...

clicky, then click on 'Technical' and look at the 'chassis' section

the answer has got to be the Yaris hands down. i have seen the suzuki. i can see why you like it, but the t- sport is so much cooler. its the nuts. i know from experience that the toyota is so much more reliable.

It comes down to priorities. Do you value the fun to drive factor over all else?

Or do you fret about reliability and resale value?

Both are important, just need to decide which is more important. You won't be sacrificing a lot by choosing either the Toyota or the Suzuki, but if you're not a passionate driver I'd say there is nothing to be gained by the small handling edge of the Suzuki.

I'll never understand the P1 vs. P2 Yaris thing. They are barely different from one another. Who cares?? Tear drop headlights blah blah blah. Just shut up, earpl. :lol:

I'll never understand the P1 vs. P2 Yaris thing. They are barely different from one another. Who cares?? Tear drop headlights blah blah blah. Just shut up, earpl. :lol:

For once we agree on something Scionic - he does love the P2 Yaris - he sat in mine and told me so - hes just keeping up appearances! :lol::lol:

what ever. p2 suck. and as for the ignis...... its a square boxy horrible thing with a 1.5 engine............. who'd want that? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

what ever. p2 suck. and as for the ignis...... its a square boxy horrible thing with a 1.5 engine............. who'd want that? :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

:lol::thumbsup:

what ever. p2 suck. and as for the ignis...... its a square boxy horrible thing with a 1.5 engine............. who'd want that? :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

If your mocking the Ignis engine, your mocking the t-pot engine too! I thought the same engine is in both cars?!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links