Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ignis Sport Or T- Sport?

Baby Yari

You can't drive this

<--------------------

and not have a sense of humor about it. :lol:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baby Yari

• Demonic Angel

• scionic

• earpl

The IGNIS Sport is a much better performance car than the Yaris. It is lighter, quicker, just as well equipped and much, much cheaper to buy. I do not agree that the Yaris would be that much more reliable. Interior seems just as flimsy on the yaris as the Ignis.

Second hand Sports are an absolute bargain at the moment as people don't know what they are. Too busy driving around in their Corsa SXi's :eek:

but buy one and be prepared to keep it forever they depreciate something rotten!

but buy one and be prepared to keep it forever they depreciate something rotten!

Yes, that unfortunately says a lot for the fairly 'blinkered' British car buying public.

MG ZR anyone? Doh!

Friend in the trade suggests that the massive early depreciation will slow down after a couple of years making it just about bearable!

But otherwise new yaris t sport £12,500 versus new Ignis Sport £8,500. Thats a massive difference of £4,000. On that basis alone the Ignis makes more sense.

(On the basis you keep it a while!)

I'm afraid that in this country, popular does not always mean good. Number one in the music charts is very rarely any good! Why do you think that Ford and Vauxhall sell bucket loads of cars in Britain? :ffs:

I'm afraid that in this country, popular does not always mean good. Number one in the music charts is very rarely any good! Why do you think that Ford and Vauxhall sell bucket loads of cars in Britain?  :ffs:

The Ford Focus is a good car, thats why they sell loads. The Corsa is a really really really crap car which is insanley cheap. That's why that sells loads. They pretty much always have free insurance offers, so it's great for younger drivers.

Toyota Yaris are overpriced. There is no way around it, they are overpriced. Yes, they're brilliant cars, but still overpriced! For example, iv seen an 05 plate Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec for £6895. Now that's good value!

The Ford Focus is a good car, thats why they sell loads. The Corsa is a really really really crap car which is insanley cheap. That's why that sells loads. They pretty much always have free insurance offers, so it's great for younger drivers.

Toyota Yaris are overpriced. There is no way around it, they are overpriced. Yes, they're brilliant cars, but still overpriced! For example, iv seen an 05 plate Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec for £6895. Now that's good value!

Your right there seveer. I have driven my dads ford focus 2L around quite a bit and it really is a nice car to drive. It is soooo responsive on both the throttle and steering. Also his brakes are very good (beautifully shown by my heavy footed friend and the red marks across my chest).

I cannot comment on the Yaris' driveability as i haven't yet had the pleasure. However, i can comment on their price! I am hoping to buy one by the end of this year for when i turn 17 in Febuary. My ideal (whilst stil being somewhat reasonable) would be a 1.3L CDX. However the fact is i may end up with a 1Litre (Though i am pretty resistant but being convinced by you lot more every day).

This is however due to the fact that, you get what you pay for, and that if people want something good you can charge them more for it!

Woody

I rest my case if you think Corsas are 'not that bad'

You don't wear a baseball cap and tracksuit do you? And as for a Ford?, whilst they may be a bit better now, i don't suppose you have experienced one fro the 80's (and that is comparing it to other cars from the 80's) They were crap and yet still sold by the bucketload. Heard the saying ' I'm a Ford man ' ? They are however, vastly overpriced.

This Country eh :crybaby:

Back to the main point. However nice the T- Sport is, the Ignis is as good as if not better than the Yaris (apart from resale values) in all departments.

The Suzuki can also be had new for £4,000 less. Now you do the maths!

Oh, and i really do like the Yaris. :unsure:

Or buy a slightly used one and make the depreciation work FOR you. :thumbsup:

This is one of those questions that again asking on a Yaris Forum the majority of people are bound to be biased..

Ah well my vote is for the Yaris as i feel it as more CHARACTER lol

:D :D :D :D

More character.... couldn't agree more!

The Ignis maybe a quick little thing, it may have nice quick steering and be more fun.... but it's no way near as safe, the insurance is higher, the depreciation is hideous, the interior is tacky and it has no soul!

More character.... couldn't agree more!

The Ignis maybe a quick little thing, it may have nice quick steering and be more fun.... but it's no way near as safe, the insurance is higher, the depreciation is hideous, the interior is tacky and it has no soul!

From that description it sounds like its the Ignis that has more character. The Yaris has more of the staid and responsible characteristics.

How can an interior lack 'soul' anyway?

Ask yourself this:

When automotive writers talk about a car having 'soul' are they usually talking about the interior or about how the car drives?

Just playing devil's advocate here. I can see equal reasons to go with either car in this situation. It's not a clear win for the Yaris unless resale value and safety are the only issues that matter to you in a car.

From that description it sounds like its the Ignis that has more character. The Yaris has more of the staid and responsible characteristics.

How can an interior lack 'soul' anyway?

Ask yourself this:

When automotive writers talk about a car having 'soul' are they usually talking about the interior or about how the car drives?

Just playing devil's advocate here. I can see equal reasons to go with either car in this situation. It's not a clear win for the Yaris unless resale value and safety are the only issues that matter to you in a car.

Seems i worded it wrong.... i meant that the car has no soul, not the interior. It's not something i look at and feel warm towards, it's not something i sit in and feel warm towards... the Yaris i do feel warm towards, it welcomes you.

In all honesty though, i'd still have a 1 year old ignis sport.... they're really cheap then, and for that money, im willing to sacrifice some refinement. But if i had the money to chose between either, then it'd be the Yaris. It's a nicer car.

And Earpl.... i want that Sirion engines power! Iv seen that before... does indeed show up the SR, the Rally 2 shows up the T-Sport. 1.3 engine with 60mph dispatched in 7.9sec. Quick enough?? I think so! Damn blooming ugly though!

Why not forget both. If sporty handling and outright pace are your thing, in a small package with cheap insurance, why not go for a Citroen C2 1.6VTS 123bhp etc... Ugly I know.. but the yaris is french too ;) Costs about the same as the Suzuki too (including Citroen's insane discounting policy)

clicky

I cant speak for the vts c2. But i test drove a c2 gt when i was changing the clio. Possibly the worst car i have EVER driven! Nothing but a big box of rattles and a crunchy terrible gear box. Steering was far too light and its very awkward to get in and out of the back seat. Also felt very cramped inside and performance wasnt exactly jaw dropping for what it was.

Apart from that, nice car to look at.

I cant speak for the vts c2. But i test drove a c2 gt when i was changing the clio. Possibly the worst car i have EVER driven! Nothing but a big box of rattles and a crunchy terrible gear box. Steering was far too light and its very awkward to get in and out of the back seat. Also felt very cramped inside and performance wasnt exactly jaw dropping for what it was.

Apart from that, nice car to look at.

Oh without a doubt the C2 looks beaut! Dunno why, but theres something about boxy cars that i like! Updated cars of course, no &#33;Removed&#33; chavvy, boxy Nova's though!

heres my spanner thrown in the works! shows up the 1.3 sr a bit :P

http://www.whatcar.com/RoadTest_FullData.asp?DL=0&RT=182776

Yeah, fair enough. Not going to race one but a new Yaris 1.3 has steering wheel height adjustment and side airbags as standard. Just a quick glance there may be other stuff.

Big difference is.... I'm happy to be seen in my Yaris. The Suzi or the Daihatsu on the other hand... :rolleyes:

Has anyone seen the peugoet "playtimes over" advert?

The c2 is like the majority of the cars in the background

plastic, but looks cool :)

In all honesty though, i'd still have a 1 year old ignis sport.... they're really cheap then, and for that money, im willing to sacrifice some refinement. But if i had the money to chose between either, then it'd be the Yaris. It's a nicer car.

I can go along with that. It seems like a new Suzuki Ignis would be ill-advised given the depreciation, but a 1 year old one would be a better bargain than most.

heres my spanner thrown in the works! shows up the 1.3 sr a bit :P

http://www.whatcar.com/RoadTest_FullData.asp?DL=0&RT=182776

Yeah, fair enough. Not going to race one but a new Yaris 1.3 has steering wheel height adjustment and side airbags as standard. Just a quick glance there may be other stuff.

Big difference is.... I'm happy to be seen in my Yaris. The Suzi or the Daihatsu on the other hand... :rolleyes:

Its the whole "car to be proud of" thing again..... :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links