Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pride And Joy

GTForbes

hi i was wondering if you new the 0-60 and 0-100, quater mile bhp etc for the celica gt. Im possibly looking at getting a 1994 model celica gt as i think the gt4 and other models might be a little dear on the insurance as im 22. Do you know any good toyota sites where you can get this type of info...Cheers Byron :thumbsup:

***** you posted before you searched the forum for the info didn't ya! Look at the sticky's in the main forum it lays down all the stats for most popular models of celica.

hi im new to this and i cant seem to find the info on performance for the 1994 celica gt, could you tell me how to find it as im strugling slightly...Cheers mate

cheers for that i found it...Do you have any idea on quater mile time for the gt, im looking at buying one very soon and wondering if you got any advice on any of the gt's, did they all have the same engine in the gen 6, was there a particular year that it was made where it was quicker or had more extras etc.... :thumbsup:

Look at a website like Parkers or honest john where they run through engine sizes and model revisions or go to your news agent and read the parkers car price gude car summary which tells you loads of info about the car.

basiacally you have the following:

ST = 1.8 engine (less HP than the GT but has a differnet power delivery so you will get more torque low down in the rev range but run out of steam higher in the rev range)

GT= 2.0 Engine (168-177+ HP)

GT4 = 4x4 2.0 turbo monster!

The differnace in engines happened in I think 96 along with some cosmetic changes which in my eyes really helped improve the stance of the car (rear wing revision, clear indicator lights, added side skirts) also I belive there was some sort of immisions restriction on some of the later models which took the HP down ever so slightly, but this is easily removed.

I am sure some others will be along to distroy the credibility of what I have said here, but to the best of my knowledge what I have said is true. all in all the celica is great and you will not regret buying one, is one of the best all round capable/practical cars I have driven, and ultra reliable!

do you think the gt would dispose of those pesky vts's down the quater mile?

To be honest it would be close. They are suprisingly quick those Saxo's. If you want to be sure get a GT4. Also is worth noteing that you can't do too much to the GT or ST engines to make them much quicker, only small stuff like exaust & induction kit etc without spending big money on it.

ive just found a site which has loads of standard quater mile times and its got the 1994 celica gt down as a 15.6 sec and the saxo vts as 16.1, i know the saxo time is roughly correct not sure about the celica gt as i dont now anyone thats raced one.....

I probably wouldnt do too much to the engine for insurance reasons as im only 22 but i would get an induction kit,exhaust and maybe a boost valve and if i was feeling really flush maybe a chip but again the insurance may be a bit steep. Probably put a bit of kit on it and maybe some bigger rims and lower it slightly....

What are the engines like, are they anything like the Honda with their V-tecs, does it have any type of band if you know what i mean like where some cars hit around4/5,000 and then they really pull to the end of the gear?...What do they red line at.. :eek:

Yeah it is very honda like with a real revvy engine! Have to rag the hell out of the engine to get the grunt, tends to really kick in after about 4.5k revs.

Sounds like you want to do the same sort of stuff I have. I spent most of the money on the suspension because the engine mods did not give great gains in power. Corners great now though.

Get one you wont regret it, but if you are looking for true power then go for the gt4.

Sy.

would love to but i dont think theres many insurance companies that will insure someone who is 22 with 2 years driving experience and 2 years no cliams on a 200+ break horsepower monster....Do you know of any good internet sites for places to get celica stuff from i.e kit, induction kit etc

I would not be so sure. I know there is someone on here who brought an ST205 GT4 and he was only 21 got it £1100 odd, fully comp. Jammy b*stard I tried to insure myslef a year & a half back and noone would touch me I was about 23, they just kinda laughed me off the phone but apparently it is possable if you find the right company.

Anyway just get a GT they are great, I want more power but to be honest I don't really need it. I just love the way it goes round corners now, handles superbly for a front wheel drive car with very little torque stear when accelerating which is usually a problem with 90's powerful FR cars.

i was 21 when i got my gen5 GT4, had only just passed my test and had 0 NCB.

the gen5 GT4's are cheaper to insure than the gen6 GT's too, or at least they were for a friend of mine :D just cost more to run lol

I would not be so sure. I know there is someone on here who brought an ST205 GT4 and he was only 21 got it £1100 odd, fully comp.

:D :D :D Thats me, im 21 with 1 yr NCB and i got it fully comp for £1,128 :D :D :D

Yeah it's you!

Who did you kill to get that rate!

Tell me all.

LOL. I searched around alot and was being quoted 2000+ for fully comp. 3rd party cheapest was 1500. Then randomly got quoted 1128 fully comp. couldnt belive it so did the quote again and read massive page of small print to make sure...

everyone gets ****** off with me when they hear how much im paying ins. :D :P B)

So who did you go with???? I gotta try a quote with them as I have 5 year NCB & I am 24 and I still struggle to get anywhere near a grand fully comp, and I desperatly want to go to GT4 but thought it to be too expensive to insure.

yeah so what company did you go with to get it that cheap, thats near impossible, i couldnt even get insured on my saxo vts fully comp for under a grand.....So who knos some good companies and how much are they paying with theyre no claims and ? years driiving.....

well i'm 22 with no ncb ! its a 1994 2.0gt import and i'm paying £1097 fc with directline , the cheapest by miles- i just wrote off my 96 2.0 prelude :( !! norwich union quoted me £4332 !! ba**ards!! try them !

So who did you go with???? I gotta try a quote with them as I have 5 year NCB & I am 24 and I still struggle to get anywhere near a grand fully comp, and I desperatly want to go to GT4 but thought it to be too expensive to insure.

Im with Churchill. Yep... the good old nodding dog. Do a quote online now and see how much they quote u.... and let me know.

he's right, i just got quoted £774 fully comp by churchill with 2 years no claim and 2 years driving experience. I just got to find out what they are like for mods because some companies make you pay through the teeth for adding on bits to your car.. But cheers mate thats wicked....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links