Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible Toc Gumball Idea's Needed

Ken

I like the base idea as it gives a place for people to stay if still too drunk to drive from the night before. Plus heated pool means we can sit in it all night drinking.

I firstly need a toyota but ill be there

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ken

• jaxx

• Caz SR

• Tegan

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds interesting guys...

I like the idea of the Euro-trip, but you will find that you cover a lot of miles in one week and its a good idea to schedule in a day's rest from driving.

Last November (okay, November before last) a mate and I did:

Glasgow - Bethune (3/4 Hour down from Calais) - Koblenz via Brussels - Karlsrhue (via Lichtenstein, the 'Ring was closed that day :( [my diary reading skills again] )- Stuttgart (for Porsche and Merc museums) - Strasbourg (for 2 nights, 1 day non driving as a break) - Beaune (in Burgundy, just routh of Dijon) - Epernay (Champagne, for lunch) - Bethune - Glasgow

Road-Trip-2004-Map.jpg

{edit: map added}

We stayed on motorways and autoroutes/bahns as much as possible and averaged just over 200 miles a day once we got to Europe but we were still absolutely knacked and needed that day's break in Strasbourg despite the fact we're both seasoned "distance" drivers. If you look at the map we only covered a fraction of Europe too.

Sorry that sounds like a downer, but it wasn't meant to be...

If its going to be based around a central point then I would also recommend a couple of "lite" days to see things other than a steering wheel. It might also be good to somewhere with more varied roads than Brittany (if my memory serves me well...).

Personally, I would go for somewhere on the German/French border that's an easy blast across northern France or through Belgium. Somewhere with a strong car link nearby (a factory visit or museum) wouldbe good for the "lite" day too.

What about Alsace? There are good road links from the ferry ports, some flat bits, some mountains, the Schlumpf collection at Mulhouse or the Bugatti factory at Mulheim? Oh yeah, and the beer and wine aren't bad either!

Sadly I'm not sure the finances are up to 2 TOC trips to Europe this year as well as the 2Cv restoration and summer hols, but we'll see what happens!

:thumbsup:

A

PS I like Lee's idea and one day I'll do it ;)

Some good idea's their Alan but 1 thing you are missing is the Northerners would be arriving in Belgium at 8am, so if we did the mountain thing then they wouldn't be able to check into a hotel until 3pm which is 7 hour's worth of drive time which get's you to a good starting point for the twisties :yes:

Had planed a break day as well for the mountain's :thumbsup:

Lee, liking your idea except why not miss out the french loop and the southern section head north and meet up with the northern section and first night in Holland, then do the Danish loop and meet up with the yota club there and then back down south into Germany and do another meet before heading into Belgium and staying somewhere like Spa before returning home.

Won't be 4 day's though, also that could be the mid priced run for a vote :thumbsup:

Sounds like a plan!!!

however you'll have to count me out... at this rate unless there is a serious change in my circumstances I will not be attending the ring trip either..

if I can afford it I will..........

I have said no so far as it is very unlikely that I can or will be able to afford it!

• 1 month later...

We are out on this one sorry to say.

We are off driving to France & Itay, with our friends from Holland at the end of May, then going to Switzerland for a Birthday party with the MR2 Club Nederland.

Can't afford to do both

We are out on this one sorry to say.

We are off driving to France & Itay, with our friends from Holland at the end of May, then going to Switzerland for a Birthday party with the MR2 Club Nederland.

Can't afford to do both

No probs Paul :thumbsup:

Will be posting this up soon peeps ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links