Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible Toc Gumball Idea's Needed

Ken

or there is Ireland. fantastic roads. fantastic scenery no speed limits and all the roads are empty. and opertunity of a fantastic knees up in Dubin :P

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ken

• jaxx

• Caz SR

• Tegan

Top Posters In This Topic

i got to start saving for gumball, part of the thing with gumball/cannonball is the parties and hotels etc , driving holidays are always good but ill sit this out n wait till i have 5k to spare , need a job first

Liking the cottage idea ken, i'd be up for that!!! Mind u, i LOVE switzerland... so either really!

Have to make sure i could get the time off unless it was out of term time of course, but sounds awesome, always wanted to drive some distance! :thumbsup:

IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO GUMBALL!

that said..! im in regardless of cost, date, etc etc....  :thumbsup:

Me Too :D

I like the idea of switzerland i have herd the roads are mega out there

the problem is there will be three teirs of driver ..

the Soup boys doing 180 down the M'way .. the MR2 Turbo and GT4 boys trying to keep up doing 160 .. and then everyone else ..

I once tried keeping up with Lee in his Mk4 .. it's a hard job as soon as the road goes straight ..

(that's if it's Germany)

That's why you would need a strong leader for each 'catagory' of car. Someone who is ok not to bomb it and make sure groups stick together. Also why a major mountain trip might not be the best for a first Gumball - unless people really know they (and their cars) can hack it. :thumbsup: :)

I would be up for it. Only query is by september i will have turned 19, am i allowed to drive abroad at that age?

That's why you would need a strong leader for each 'catagory' of car. Someone who is ok not to bomb it and make sure groups stick together. Also why a major mountain trip might not be the best for a first Gumball - unless people really know they (and their cars) can hack it. :thumbsup: :)

Good point .. Hoping for the same on the ring trip.

But I think there will be a few Tom Tom's about :)

Good point .. Hoping for the same on the ring trip.

But I think there will be a few Tom Tom's about :)

Hotel and ring already added to favourites ;)

I would be up for it. Only query is by september i will have turned 19, am i allowed to drive abroad at that age?

Your ok now mate as long as you have been driving for 1 year :thumbsup:

I like the idea of switzerland i have herd the roads are mega out there

Yup they are and their is the long tunnels as well :D

I'll have a look at a rough price for the mountain's when i get a mo :yes:

Ireland's a good idea but the prices are about the same as over here though :(

I'd be very interested :yes::thumbsup:

If its in September i might even have a GT4 :D :D

Sounds interesting guys...

I like the idea of the Euro-trip, but you will find that you cover a lot of miles in one week and its a good idea to schedule in a day's rest from driving.

Last November (okay, November before last) a mate and I did:

Glasgow - Bethune (3/4 Hour down from Calais) - Koblenz via Brussels - Karlsrhue (via Lichtenstein, the 'Ring was closed that day :( [my diary reading skills again] )- Stuttgart (for Porsche and Merc museums) - Strasbourg (for 2 nights, 1 day non driving as a break) - Beaune (in Burgundy, just routh of Dijon) - Epernay (Champagne, for lunch) - Bethune - Glasgow

Road-Trip-2004-Map.jpg

{edit: map added}

We stayed on motorways and autoroutes/bahns as much as possible and averaged just over 200 miles a day once we got to Europe but we were still absolutely knacked and needed that day's break in Strasbourg despite the fact we're both seasoned "distance" drivers. If you look at the map we only covered a fraction of Europe too.

Sorry that sounds like a downer, but it wasn't meant to be...

If its going to be based around a central point then I would also recommend a couple of "lite" days to see things other than a steering wheel. It might also be good to somewhere with more varied roads than Brittany (if my memory serves me well...).

Personally, I would go for somewhere on the German/French border that's an easy blast across northern France or through Belgium. Somewhere with a strong car link nearby (a factory visit or museum) wouldbe good for the "lite" day too.

What about Alsace? There are good road links from the ferry ports, some flat bits, some mountains, the Schlumpf collection at Mulhouse or the Bugatti factory at Mulheim? Oh yeah, and the beer and wine aren't bad either!

Sadly I'm not sure the finances are up to 2 TOC trips to Europe this year as well as the 2Cv restoration and summer hols, but we'll see what happens!

:thumbsup:

A

PS I like Lee's idea and one day I'll do it ;)

Edited by alanbradley

hehehe spoke to darren, he loves the idea, hes trying to get me to watch the film or something! :blink::huh:

So yup if it happens we'll be there! :thumbsup:

Oh boy... :rolleyes: Surprised the swear filter didn't try to "search and destroy".

You could make it a day trip :P

A

Here is a thought...

Why not head down to somewhere in France, stop for the night.

Somewhere in Belgium - stop for the night, same in Germany and again in Denmark and then back into England via another Ferry crossing? :)

One big loop, 4 countries, 4 heavy nights of Drinking and not having to go back the way we came? ;) :D :lol:

Road-Trip-2004-Map.jpg

why do i find the town of 'Brest' very funny :lol:

Coincidentally it a Sticky-out-bit too.

France has a sticky out Brest, Ireland has a Cork in it's bottom??????

why do i find the town of 'Brest' very funny :lol:

Coincidentally it a Sticky-out-bit too.

France has a sticky out Brest, Ireland has a Cork in it's bottom??????

So what does that say about Scun thorpe? :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links