Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Photo's.

Uncle Bob

Here's my Oct 2006 T180 in slate blue...

IMG_3789s.jpg

Cool color! :thumbsup: Very beautiful Rav 4, without a spare wheel on the tailgate! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately in ukraine this a version is not available :crybaby:

Took the new Rav for a wee offroad spin... nothing too taxing... here's a photo:

Rav4_sm.JPG

Also almost got it stuck here:

Rav5_sm.jpg

The left track has a large rock just before the buddy bit. Switched on the diff lock and gave it some revs and she pulled out with only a small amount of slippage! Well chuffed!

Just popped in to see how things are ..keep those photo's coming in guys :thumbsup:

You founded the king of all RAV threads Bob.

Keep in touch!

:)

Keep in touch!

Kind words young sir :thumbsup: , I would like to see more 3 door RAV4 photo's , as i still have a soft spot for this model and keep an eye on prices and avalability :)

:)

Keep in touch!

Kind words young sir :thumbsup: , I would like to see more 3 door RAV4 photo's , as i still have a soft spot for this model and keep an eye on prices and avalability :)

You need to see a photo of Big Kev's wifes 3 door. I will gee him up!!!

Hello Unca Bob et all,

Attached are some phoateez of Funnerburd Too, and indeed one even has Funnerburd Wan in the background.

Bought in June for much older wife's special birthday in July.....

Now 6 years old (September 2004) and just broke through the 30k miles a few weeks ago.

Put it in to Bothy's favourite garage for oil change / checks / safety checks.....very clean bill of health.

Anchs....ah'm sure I posted all this before....?......Senility ongoing....

Big Kev post-59404-032898600 1288639343_thumb.jp

post-59404-069355000 1288639244_thumb.jp

post-59404-086168900 1288639287_thumb.jp

post-98863-055994900 1288867094_thumb.jphi

thought I'd add my rav to the list. photo taken in st claud , poitou-charente. She's currently languishing in semi retirement as the weekend car, will i commute during the week in my iq3.

She's a little beauty.

Cheers Bob and Ravi,

Not sure if only applicable to this "Mica Green", but bonnet paint seems mega fragile,and is spattered with tiny stone chips that will require attention. Hoovie sent me up a touch up bottle of paint, which Anchorman's tip is to use a cocktail stick to apply. That's a new one on me. If any franchisee of "No More Chips" is reading this, or anybody can recommend someone, I would be obliged. I do not wish to make a sphinctus of the paintwork.....

Big Kev :thumbsup:

I think it was shcm or Fujisan that put me onto that.

She's a little beauty.

Cheers Bob and Ravi,

Not sure if only applicable to this "Mica Green", but bonnet paint seems mega fragile,and is spattered with tiny stone chips that will require attention. Hoovie sent me up a touch up bottle of paint, which Anchorman's tip is to use a cocktail stick to apply. That's a new one on me. If any franchisee of "No More Chips" is reading this, or anybody can recommend someone, I would be obliged. I do not wish to make a sphinctus of the paintwork.....

Big Kev :thumbsup:

The method I know for chip repairs - its not easy but your best to apply in layers (say 2-3 in total) allowing each layer to dry fully and repeat until the final paint layer protrudes the surface. You would then use Unigrit 2500/2000 to take back to a smooth finish. This is best carried out using a cut out of Unigrit stuck on a pencil end. Can be very fussy, particularly applying paint in small quantities. If you have a halogen light use that to speed up drying paint layers. In my experience (which I admit is limited) don't bother with clear coat afterwards. A friend of mine has mixed clear coat with paint prior to application and says this worked well too. You need a garage and plenty of time, allowing paint layers to bond properly. IMO only worth doing a good number of chips in one go

Blue

Edit* ensure you clean out chip with IPA solution or similar product as you need that paint to bond properly

No wonder folk think us Scots (note...not SCOTCH) have a drink problem....now we have to introduce our cars to IPA.....

India Pale Ale, which I thought would make the bodywork all sticky....? C'mon blue....whissat....IPA?

Big Bevvy :lol:

YES....just worked it out...Isopropyl ALCOHOL....AH COULD LICK MA CAR CLEAN AFTER THAT !! CHEERS BIG BLUE.

• 2 weeks later...

No wonder folk think us Scots (note...not SCOTCH) have a drink problem....now we have to introduce our cars to IPA.....

India Pale Ale, which I thought would make the bodywork all sticky....? C'mon blue....whissat....IPA?

Big Bevvy :lol:

YES....just worked it out...Isopropyl ALCOHOL....AH COULD LICK MA CAR CLEAN AFTER THAT !! CHEERS BIG BLUE.

behave

noo, waurs the car?

My 2003 RAV4.2 D4D says hello from the mountains of western Norway. It looks pretty stock on this picture. I guess the only visible improvement is the extra thick (and very soft) headrests. It has been fitted with extra lighting both fore and aft since the picture was taken this summer. Picture update is due when new summer wheels and bullbar is installed. :thumbsup:

rav4.jpg

Nice vehicle. Show us some more of the mods and whatever you do, keep that handbrake adjusted if you are parking on mountain tops!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links