Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Vs Wrx

ShamGTTurbo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zuban

• T128

• T Sport 1978

• choading

I had a run wit 3 so far and the results were differnt...

Last night comin home and a scooby was up my back bumper so

i dropped it down and put my foot down, he couldnt overtake me...

Then once we stopped, we set off again and i was in front the whole

time. He jus could not take me...

One time i was on the M1 and had a run wit a scooby, from a rolling start, 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear we was neck on neck...

My car is totally standard too...

l have tryed to race one or two.

The first one played with me for a bit then decided to exhert his right foot.

The second one l raced was from a standing start, we were neck and neck in 1st and 2nd :D but once the turbo kicked in on 3rd gear, he was gone :crybaby:

My 2cents... :thumbsup:

I had a run in with a Scoob legacy this morning. It was a 2.0 turbo.

Pretty close actually, now in alll fairness i was daydreaming and didnt realise his intentions untill i heard him spin off but by limiter on fisrt i was a door and bonnet length ahead... but damn close.. I wish id have been waiting and had a proper start though!

:thumbsup: he wasnt a happy bunny though!!

I think it depends on the WRX, and which of its many varients you were up against, if it was one of the lardy late model wrx uk ones then sure :thumbsup: , but one of the mid to late 90's classic shape import wrx's forget it. :angry:

think the subaru would cream the cts. it has enough power low down to blow the cts away. i think the compressor might have a chance though.

I tried racing my Mate in an Evo 8, unfortunatly it wasn't much of a race the thing is just to fast in a straight line and especially around the twisty bits, had my revenge the night later though as an Evo is no match for a CBR600... (in a straight line) :yahoo:

Have had a play with a UK Spec and that didnt get away...Had the driver looking over at the end of the run; Dont think he expected it to be a corolla :)

Have had a play with a UK Spec and that didnt get away...Had the driver looking over at the end of the run; Dont think he expected it to be a corolla :)

yeah i to have had a good play with a recent model uk wrx when i had my cts, was very very similar, on an uphill section his extra grunt helped him pull ahead a bit but as the ground leveled out again i caught back up. The 280bhp import wrx's leave us standing lol.. they are very quick! Had a blast against an evo 8 also, lol man there fast!

I was creamed by an old P1... A31 slight up hill... Out of a roundabout.

I would say it was pulling away a car length every 5-6 seconds... haha.

wrx 0-60 about 4 second's

uk version subaru 0-60 about late 5 second's

even the newer one's a lot of people consider to be slower car( bug eye's onward )they still pull 0-60 in 6 second's not that you'll find a stardard one most are lightly tune and do 0-60 around 4 second's and dont even think about any WRX full stop.

any subaru with a turbo are well quick 5 door's or 3 door's or 100 door's u guy's need to stay away from 4wd turbo car's play with car's your own class.

even the newer one's people consider to be slower( bug eye's onward )they pull 0-60 in 6 second's

work it out guy's

any subaru with a turbo are well quick 5 door's or 3 door's or 100 door's u guy's need to stay away from turbo car's play with car's your own class.

Just posted this elsewhere... But i beat of a Turbo-ed GT4 last night (in the wet). He was out of puff by the time i hit lift in 1st... That half a car length was enough for me to keep one length ahead.

I tell you, CTS surprises ALOT of cars let alone me!

Another scalp was a mk4 GTi...TURBO kicking and screaming revs... Then i hit lift. I was 1 clear length ahead after around 1/4 mile.

:thumbsup:

even the newer one's people consider to be slower( bug eye's onward )they pull 0-60 in 6 second's

work it out guy's

any subaru with a turbo are well quick 5 door's or 3 door's or 100 door's u guy's need to stay away from turbo car's play with car's your own class.

Just posted this elsewhere... But i beat of a Turbo-ed GT4 last night (in the wet). He was out of puff by the time i hit lift in 1st... That half a car length was enough for me to keep one length ahead.

Another scalp was a mk4 GTi...TURBO kicking and screaming revs... Then i hit lift. I was 1 clear length ahead after around 1/4 mile.

hm.......we need to meet up dude

work it out guy's

Haha, where abouts are you?

work it out guy's

Mk4 gti turbo 0 to 60 aint that quick at 8.5 seconds!

Haha, where abouts are you?

I am sure its quicker than 8.5... Just like CTS quoted time of 8.4 aint exactly correct in real life.

I am hanging down north london lot these few month's there is a private car park we meet up but i can be anywhere from north,south,or east london but we dont do west london.

Current WRX is 225bhp with a weight of 1470kg = 153bhp/ton

03-05 WRX is 221bhp with a weight of 1395kg = 158bhp/ton

T-sport is 189bhp with a weight of 1160kg = 162bhp/ton

without even mentioning the added losses of the 4wd drivetrain, the above should make it obvious that there already in the same ballpark performance wise, I've been out accelerating one just as i changed from 5th into 6th gear :D . The more powerfull WRX models, in particular classic shape impreza's are obviously much quicker than the cts!.

I've never raced a Scuby but I've driven my son's freinds one. It would blow my TS clean off the road. On a 90 right it corners 10 mph more. Its on rails within the white line whereas the TS uses half the other side.

the above should make it obvious that there already in the same ballpark performance wise, I've been out accelerating one just as i changed from 5th into 6th gear :D . The more powerfull WRX models, in particular classic shape impreza's are obviously much quicker than the cts!.

lol :D :D :D sorry i driven the cts for like three year's and they are not in the same ball park what so ever stop giving people false hope.

these figure mean's nothing at all maybe you dont get out much , turbo power road car's is alway's going to beat N/A road car's even if they are the same horse power output .

please can some of you stop being silly other people might be reading this and is making us cts owner looking silly.

i say it again cts is not anywhere near any Subaru Impreza turbo's and they are different class of a car ,these two car should NEVER be compare.

lol :D :D :D sorry i driven the cts for like three year's and they are not in the same ball park what so ever stop giving people false hope.

these figure mean's nothing at all maybe you dont get out much , turbo power road car's is alway's going to beat N/A road car's even if they are the same horse power output .

please can some of you stop being silly other people might be reading this and is making us cts owner looking silly.

i say it again cts is not anywhere near any Subaru Impreza turbo's and they are different class of a car ,these two car should NEVER be compare.

Lol I knew it was a mistake quoting figures, i for one never take figures as gospel, as saying this car has **bhp or whatever is only telling one part of the puzzle, you have to take into account gearing, weight, aerodynamics etc. The figures above were just to illustrate that some of the more recent models are approaching a ton and a half, and despite there power and torque advantage, by the time you factor in the weight they have to shift, and the extra losses through the drivetrain, that there is no reason the cts couldnt be faster in a straight line, depending on driver obviously.

I think the point i was trying to make with my posts in this thread has been lost, i was simply trying to say that there are so many variations of the wrx that have been produced over the years that there will be some that are faster and some that are not.

A turbo is just a means to an end, you could have a 200bhp and 200ft/lb turbocharged engine and a 200bhp and 200ft/lb normaly aspirated v6 engine, with very similar torque curves, i suppose the car with turbocharged engine is still the faster? assuming weight and gearing etc are the same.

When i owned my cts, i had the chance to compare it to many impreza turbo's and some were faster and some were not, there are a lot of different variants.

A turbo is just a means to an end, you could have a 200bhp and 200lb/ft turbocharged engine and a 200bhp and 200lb/ft normaly aspirated v6 engine, with very similar torque curves, i suppose the car with turbocharged engine is still the faster? assuming weight and gearing etc are the same.

you answer your qustion turbo have plenty of torque thats what win over N/A

for cts to beat a ctr yes it is possible with some tuning

for cts to beat any subaru impreza turbo's it will be huge majoy engine work just not worth the time and effort,if people need to beat or keep up with impreza's then cts is the wrong car.

these two car's should NEVER been compare with each other.

A turbo is just a means to an end, you could have a 200bhp and 200ft/lb turbocharged engine and a 200bhp and 200ft/lb normaly aspirated v6 engine, with very similar torque curves, i suppose the car with turbocharged engine is still the faster? assuming weight and gearing etc are the same.

you answer your qustion turbo have plenty of torque thats what win over N/A

I give up. :yawn:

Some people on here talk so much rubbish its unbelievable.

I can pretty much guarantee that a WRX will cream a CTS from a standing start. reason is more power, 4wd and it has much more torque lower down.

If you were operating a CTS in the lift region, i'd expect it to be a bit tighter because the peak power of both cars would only be 30hp in it, and the CTS weighs less. Alhtough i'd still expect the scooby to be faster due to reduced drag and more power.

Just to clarify some things to those of you who talk like engineers but blatantly got educated by reading max flower. Torque is measured in Ft.lbf not lb/ft. or in metric Nm and power in kW.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links