Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Vs Wrx

ShamGTTurbo

Some people on here talk so much rubbish its unbelievable.

I can pretty much guarantee that a WRX will cream a CTS from a standing start. reason is more power, 4wd and it has much more torque lower down.

If you were operating a CTS in the lift region, i'd expect it to be a bit tighter because the peak power of both cars would only be 30hp in it, and the CTS weighs less. Alhtough i'd still expect the scooby to be faster due to reduced drag and more power.

Just to clarify some things to those of you who talk like engineers but blatantly got educated by reading max flower. Torque is measured in Ft.lbf not lb/ft. or in metric Nm and power in kW.

No need to be like that, i dont think anyone would argue that any impreza turbo will be quicker off the mark due to 4wd, but after that its up for debate, i've seen plenty of stock impreza's get beaten down the quarter mile by lesser powered fwd cars because once rolling the 4wd doesnt help and neither does the extra weight, chances are a cts will have a higher trap speed than a standard impreza turbo.

If your not using lift when trying to beat an impreza then why would someone even bother trying, thats how a cts needs to be driven, thats where it makes its power.

Thanks for pointing out i had the ft/lb the wrong way round i'll sort that. No need to be insulting.

So far in this thread I have noticed the people who are saying a cts cant be faster than any impreza dont seem to be talking about any experiences, however those that disagree, seem to be talking from experience. I'm outta here.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zuban

• T128

• T Sport 1978

• choading

cts is has a good N/A engine but by the time you on the lift any decend condidtion impreza turbo is long gone.

Zuban you know you shouldn't take what people say on here too seriously i know i dont.

these two car's should NEVER been compare with each other.

Zuban you know you shouldn't take what people say on here too seriously i know i dont.

lol dont worry i dont :thumbsup: Its all fun....

I know what torque is nrgizerbunny, i also know what a hangover does to the order in which i hit the keys :P I realise what your on about now, my terminology is terrible lol you know what i meant :P

I happen to own both *inserts big grin* an 03 cts and a 1995 classic subaru wrx running about 280+

my scooby would honestly whip my ts bum! but thats not why ive got the corolla to go round trying to race wrx's , its not gonna happen.

there totally different cars , hence why ive got both lol , the cts is a much smoother ride but you have to drive it so hard to get the power out of it , and in london , its not very often u can use the lift a whole lot !

but the scooby , well from the min you put your foot on the acclerator u can ffeel its power !

maybe if the corolla could have a rolling start so you can get into lift before the scooby gets too boost ( as in revs your looking at about 4500 for my scooby and lift at 6200 for corolla) then they may MAY have a lil chance , but not on a head to head i wouldnt think .

Maybe ill have to go to santa pod in both cars and time both of them lol

acually lol

i tend to drive the corolla harder , because she can sit nicely and comfy at a higher speed i use alot of petrol lol

where as the scooby im happy sitting at a normal speed cos otherwise she's so loud its deafening lol

so it kinda evens out ! i guess tho if i drive them both very hard id need shares in tesco lol (99 ron)

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

what about the richard burns scooby? Nowt would compare with that price wise!

thinking logically without figures the scooby would have it with 4wd and a bigger engine

Pointless comparison really - the WRX is about as quick as a CTS off the turbo :) once the turbo kicks in its savage and will leave you for dead.

I'd love an RB320 :D

All I can say is my CTS gets the respect it deserves by other performance cars INCLUDING the CTR not I dont count saxos,cleos and corsa's lol All I have to do is put my right footdown jus a lil bit hehe...But to mess wiv scoobys and evos is like messing wiv porches and simulat cars.

Stick to cars in the same class ;)

I think from a roll start 50Km/h that Compressor should be faster becaus the WRX dosent have the same highend power that the Compressor have.

I think from a roll start 50Km/h that Compressor should be faster becaus the WRX dosent have the same highend power that the Compressor have.

Have u ever driven against one - the turbo is stupidly quick and will propel the scooby forward big time; its a completely different league when driven properly.

You may start pull away to start with but once the scooby hits boost and then goes into the next gear on boost you have absolutely no chance and it will keep pulling hard and become a dot in the distance.

Stock 211bhp (old) impreza gt/wrx goes 0-60mph a little bit under 6 secs, not 4secs :)

If scoobydrivers even admit that they get beaten by ctr's i think that they could get beaten by cts compressor also, because that is faster than the ctr, k?

Still normal cts won't have a change against any turbo imprezas. :P

Compressor has instant boost B)

I raced a 2004 wrx the other night from a standstill, and we were head to head till the 190km rev limmit, but im sure if he realy launched the wrx he would have me on the launch. But we should feel kinda proud the corolla can keep up a lil bit farless hold on to a 2.0L Turbocharged car. So i think big props to toyota for making a NA 1800 that makes 190 bhp. Besssss.

Pointless comparison really - the WRX is about as quick as a CTS off the turbo :) once the turbo kicks in its savage and will leave you for dead.

I'd love an RB320 :D

I really like subarus (tuning potential/exhaust note), but they aren't as quick as people think (well as standard cars).

I doubt there will be much difference between a WRX and CTS from 20-100, it definately won't leave CTS's for dead. Maybe a STI, but not WRX :lol::lol:

Don't kid yourself guys, there is no way you can beat a WRX even the bugeye one. The newer ones with 2.5l engine had a lot more torque low down that it will pull away before we hit the lift!

Different class of car altogether-no comparison. If you want to beat the subaru boys with less than £20000 in your pocket get a Mazda 3 MPS!

The Mazda 3 MPS in crazy, the amount of power it has is unbelievable. But if your going to spend 20 grand why would you buy a hatchback? the RX-8 is awesome and you could get a nearly new one for that much.

The Mazda 3 MPS in crazy, the amount of power it has is unbelievable. But if your going to spend 20 grand why would you buy a hatchback? the RX-8 is awesome and you could get a nearly new one for that much.

The RX8 is a looker and handles better round the corner. It's no faster than our t-sport. If your mission in life is to embarrass some BMW 3 series and Subarus, get the MPS

The 3 MPS can give most Subaru a good run for the money as long as the road surface is dry cause it got too much torque for the front wheel!

wrx 0-60 about 4 second's

uk version subaru 0-60 about late 5 second's

even the newer one's people consider to be slower( bug eye's onward )they pull 0-60 in 6 second's

work it out guy's

any subaru with a turbo are well quick 5 door's or 3 door's or 100 door's u guy's need to stay away from turbo car's play with car's your own class.

Just posted this elsewhere... But i beat of a Turbo-ed GT4 last night (in the wet). He was out of puff by the time i hit lift in 1st... That half a car length was enough for me to keep one length ahead.

I tell you, CTS surprises ALOT of cars let alone me!

Another scalp was a mk4 GTi...TURBO kicking and screaming revs... Then i hit lift. I was 1 clear length ahead after around 1/4 mile.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links