Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xbox 360, Ps3 Or Wii ?

Jimlad

Which console for you?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which console?

• Xbox 360
    • PS3
    • Nintendo Wii

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• Demonic Angel

• Robie

• chris202

Surprised to see I'm the only person considering a Wii over the others in the poll! Am I the only one who isnt under Sony/Microsofts evil spell? :lol:

:yawn: no spell , they're just better :thumbsup:

Reason to buy a wee , sorry WII ?

Thats what they want you to think.... :lol: ;)

And yes, new Zelda, I was a big fan of Ocarina of Time.... thought it was stunning, this one should amaze and delight me.... its the highest rated game in the launch line-up... just a shame Mario isn't being released at launch.... I'll probably wait til Mario comes out and buy a bundle with that and Zelda :thumbsup:

I bought one to hold my door open.

:lol::lol::lol:

I think you have to look at what the DS is doing to the PSP to get an idea of how well the Wii might do. Basically the DS is selling faster than any other console (including the GBA) in history whereas the PSP has not yet taken off.

The Wii will probably still struggle with conventional driving games (ie. not Mario Kart) as the hardware just isn't designed to push a huge number of triangles or work in hi-def, although widescreen is supported.

However, it should be the best console for first person shooters as the controller and nunchuck attachment ought to be great as guns/swords/lightsabres etc. Sony I think messed up a bit with putting accelerometers in the PS3 controller because you have to move it with both hands together, which is not usually how you hold a gun.

Amazon says pre-orders start this Tuesday, so I'll be staying up late on Monday night to get first in the queue :thumbsup:

Paul.

Sad as it sounds i have every single zelda game and the nintendo consoles; all were top top games..... so yeah will be getting a weii as well as my 360 :thumbsup:

The format for movies etc hasn't been finalised yet. Hence the 360 will have a seperate HD DVD drive and the PS3 having blue ray.

Can I ask why someone currently with a 360 would consider buying a ps3?? As far as I'm aware, (without getting into a which is better arguement) the 360 is as powerfull as the ps3, if not more so?

Of course you can.

As far as I am concerned nothing rivals Playstation for the games that are produced for it. I would buy a PS3 JUST to play the next gran turismo on. The PS3 is also the quietest console ever pretty much and I wont be buying an external HD Drive for my 360 because it is far too loud to watch movies on.

Maybe I'm a fanboy but it's always PS for me but I won't rubbish console's because of that and I look forward to seeing what the Wii is like.

I think I'll pass on that!

I have been watching a load of you tube video's about PS3 and there is also one of someone taking one apart and it has a massive heatsink and fan combination yet it is very quiet. It also has in internal PSU to cool down as well!

Love the 360 (fifa is class!) but I'll buy a PS3 when it comes out.

Not that bothered about the wii.

Im planning and holding out to buy a 360 as i hope that once the ps3 is launced the price of the 360 would go down! my sis got an xbox there 2xmas ago and i loved it, i liked it that much i took it to uni with me (not a wise idea but hey... :D ) so im a big fan of the xbox consoles. and i love the 360, a few of my mates managed to get one for xmas last year n ive alwasy been jelous! plus the games thats out for it kicks a$$ at the mo. which is why i chose the 360. tho the wii would be my second choice as i've always been a BIG nintendo fan, i've had every consol they'd released bar the 16bit one, and i cant wait to get me the wii! its gonna kick bum too i reckon. Ive never been a ps fan and dont think i'll ever be one, i reckon ps is fighting a losing battle here, they shot themselves in the foot not once but TWICE! so its not looking good for them... imo of course!! :)

i reckon ps is fighting a losing battle here, they shot themselves in the foot not once but TWICE! so its not looking good for them... imo of course!! :)

Why do you think Playstation are fighting a losing battle?

Worldwide sales standings

Sony PlayStation 2: 106.23 million shipped (sales figures unavailable), as of June 30, 2006

Microsoft Xbox: 24 million sold, as of June 30, 2006

Nintendo GameCube: 21 million sold, as of May 10, 2006

Sega Dreamcast: 10.6 million sold

Also why have they shot themselves in the foot twice? I know it's in your opinion but I would like to know what you base your opinion on?

As far as I can see PS2 is outselling Xbox by far. If you mean they have shot themselves in the foot by delaying the PS3 then you may be right but it is certainly not twice. Personally I expect restricted supply will only create more demand for the console and will be better for Sony in the long run.

Is that ps2's sold since its release ?the ps2 had a few years on the xbox though eh ? to build a fan base etc

I think the ps3 will outsell the 360 but it wont be by as much as the ps2 did the original xbox by . Microsoft have put a lot of thought into the 360 to make it the great machine it is and i think this time next year those figures will be a lot tighter .

Yeap that was from first sale. Xbox was released 1 year and 1 month after the PS2 in America. I agree with you that this would have created such a fan base. This is why I think this will carry on into the PS3.

Xbox have seen PS2's sales and come to the same conclusion. They released their next gen console first, will we see it out sell PS3?

In my opinion people will be waiting for the PS3 or buying both anyway and this time next year we will see PS3's sales higher than xbox 360's subject to supply!

Japenese launch sales:

Xbox360- 62,135

Ps3- 88,400

The Ps2 was the poorer maching compared with the Xbox, although it did have the higher sales.

No doubt the PS3 will have higher sales than the 360, simply because of the already huge fanbase.

i reckon ps is fighting a losing battle here, they shot themselves in the foot not once but TWICE! so its not looking good for them... imo of course!! :)

Why do you think Playstation are fighting a losing battle?

Worldwide sales standings

Sony PlayStation 2: 106.23 million shipped (sales figures unavailable), as of June 30, 2006

Microsoft Xbox: 24 million sold, as of June 30, 2006

Nintendo GameCube: 21 million sold, as of May 10, 2006

Sega Dreamcast: 10.6 million sold

Also why have they shot themselves in the foot twice? I know it's in your opinion but I would like to know what you base your opinion on?

As far as I can see PS2 is outselling Xbox by far. If you mean they have shot themselves in the foot by delaying the PS3 then you may be right but it is certainly not twice. Personally I expect restricted supply will only create more demand for the console and will be better for Sony in the long run.

well for starter xbox has got a foot on the door well over 1 year of sony and they still got a few tricks up its sleave for whenever the ps3 is released! ie halo 3, and of course microsoft's unlimited funds they can provide!! i mean, i was reading the metro news paper the other day and there was at least 1 advert for different 360 games on each page i turned, so they are not shy with the funds when it comes to promote their product.

with them shooting themselves in the foot twice im going by the number of times they had to delay the release date over here, if im not mistaking they had to put the date back just a few months after the 360 was released, then it was delayed again till march next year.

you could be right by saying that demand will benefit sony in the long run but then again i think that people will be/is fed up with the waiting and buy a 360 instead, xmas is just around the corner and people mite just buy a 360 instead.

PS2 was always the poorest when it came to performance, even the gamecube has better performance than ps2, the graphics was far superior to the ps2! it is a real shame that the GC didnt really take off.

The GC is another example of poor developer support etc.

It happened with the Dreamcast, the N64 and the GC. I don't know what it is, but alot of 3rd party developers tend to stay clear of the nintendo consoles.

Maybe they're harder to work with?? I dunno.

I have been tempted by the DS a few times, mainly because of mario and zelda. No doubt I will also be tempted by the Wii for the same reason.

I can't personally see myself shelling out for a ps3 though. I've got a 360 and I'm very happy with it.

The GC is another example of poor developer support etc.

It happened with the Dreamcast, the N64 and the GC. I don't know what it is, but alot of 3rd party developers tend to stay clear of the nintendo consoles.

Maybe they're harder to work with?? I dunno.

I think part of it may be Nintendo Corp. being hard to work with. However, the costs of developing for the 360 and ps3 seem to have forced a lot of studios to re-evaluate their position and come out in support of the Wii, which is really a souped up gcn in developer terms. All their old software will work, which is not true on the other machines.

Plus there's no need to invest in hi-def creatives. All these things keep the cost of development down and may mean that studios consider the Wii to be a more profitable route. It looks like they are certainly going to ship plenty this Christmas.

Paul.

Bigshark :) well said , hadnt realised that - the only reason i really bought the 360 was cause i was tired of sony putting the ps3 back and got fed up waiting !!If both had been released together then i would have a ps3 atm

I think my xbox 360 just died - got three red lights on the front

Yeap that's normally bad :( Check the video cable is plugged in right and try turning it off at the mains for a bit, other than that its probably toast and you'll have to get it swapped out.

I think my xbox 360 just died - got three red lights on the front

Yeap that's normally bad :( Check the video cable is plugged in right and try turning it off at the mains for a bit, other than that its probably toast and you'll have to get it swapped out.

Aye, tried all those things, still freezes up - its lucky to be honest as I got it on launch day so the warranty only has 7 days left!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links