Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Type R's Too Fast

borodaz

AHAHAHA, ARMZ i like how u mensioned T128 on the other thread bcos that car has a TRD Badge :lol:

TBH im not keen on sticking stickers all over the car, its very Chinese IMO. my cousin has a TRD badge on his car and he hasnt even got n e TRD parts

LOL! :D I know, i shouldn't have, but i couldn't help myself. :thumbsup:

Cheers.

Armz.

T128 : Your corolla isn't very fast at all and a type r will more than likely beat you my CTS had

a full de cat exhaust, typhoon kit, and a Apexi power fc and type r's weren't to far behind me.

damo746 : who do you think you are ????

the way you are speaking out you must think your "celica" power fc impress me or something,well it dont ! ,you still have a N/A with just a small amount gain i have a much better upgrade than power fc near chrismas time or just after depends ,you see the different my car and your car are before i upgrade the power of my car i have many other parts fitted onto my car ready to handle more power for basic example: clutch and flywheel unlike some people i plan what i do to my car.

so it is none of your business whether my corolla are fast or not and i dont need to be told by YOU !.

for the people who PM me sorry guys i aint in the mood to chat about modding car with anyone on here, cos there are a few mindless people here cant accept the fact another owner's car can do well agains another brand of a car that they dont think themself can beat or they just couldn't beat , instant of asking how to do it they just jump in and attack me with silly comment's that dont even bother me as i already know what the corolla could do and i really dont understand why these people are here they certainly dont want to hear anygood news about the corolla they just here all the time to chat about rubbish

for example: " Type R's Too Fast" or "spotted corolla TRD Tsport "

which most of you know there is NO such thing and i wish people stop writting my name like the jockey above then i wouldn't have to come back for more of this crap.

if you ever wonder why we never see anygood or special corolla here cos no one with the right mind wants to come in here to chat about what they done to their car with these minless people sitting here days after days on this forum just doing all the talk and no action to their car's. .

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Armz

• borodaz

• T128

• emsii

Top Posters In This Topic

AHAHAHA, ARMZ i like how u mensioned T128 on the other thread bcos that car has a TRD Badge :lol:

TBH im not keen on sticking stickers all over the car, its very Chinese IMO. my cousin has a TRD badge on his car and he hasnt even got n e TRD parts

Cheers.

Armz.

T128 : Your corolla isn't very fast at all and a type r will more than likely beat you my CTS had

a full de cat exhaust, typhoon kit, and a Apexi power fc and type r's weren't to far behind me.

the way you are speaking out you must think your "celica" power fc impress me or something,well it dont ! ,you still have a N/A with just a small amount gain i have a much better upgrade than power fc near chrismas time or just after depends ,you see the different my car and your car are before i upgrade the power of my car i have many other parts fitted onto my car ready to handle more power for basic example: clutch and flywheel unlike some people i plan what i do to my car.

so it is none of your business whether my corolla are fast or not and i dont need to be told by YOU !.

for the people who PM me sorry guys i aint in the mood to chat about modding car with anyone on here, cos there are a few mindless people here cant accept the fact another owner's car can do well agains another brand of a car that they dont think themself can beat or they just couldn't beat , instant of asking how to do it they just jump in and attack me with silly comment's that dont even bother me as i already know what the corolla could do and i really dont understand why these people are here they certainly dont want to hear anygood news about the corolla they just here all the time to chat about rubbish

which most of you know there is NO such thing and i wish people stop writting my name like the jockey above then i wouldn't have to come back for more of this crap.

if you ever wonder why we never see anygood or special corolla here cos no one with the right mind wants to come in here to chat about what they done to their car with these minless people sitting here days after days on this forum just doing all the talk and no action to their car's. .

T128......................Chill........Getting wound up will do you no good :)

Cheers.

Armz.

He doesnt have a "celica" power fc, he has a "celica" gt4, which isnt n/a and will run circles around your corolla. You really have lost it pal :lol:

if he has a celica gt4 hes in the wrong section :)

It was still as reliable as ever and for those who don't know what an apexi power fc is it is a stand alone engine management system it is an awesome piece of kit, it control the rpm at which lift is engaged it controls the rev limiter basically its a replacement ecu that can be programmed to what ever driving style you like. And i know i'm in the wrong section but i like to read the CTS threads still.

if he has a celica gt4 hes in the wrong section :)

It was still as reliable as ever and for those who don't know what an apexi power fc is it is a stand alone engine management system it is an awesome piece of kit, it control the rpm at which lift is engaged it controls the rev limiter basically its a replacement ecu that can be programmed to what ever driving style you like. And i know i'm in the wrong section but i like to read the CTS threads still.

so can these be fitted to the rolla ? :D and how much do they cost damo ?

One guy in the Finnish forums said that he had 180bhp wheelpower after apexi's ecu and custom exhaust.

And little bit over 200bhp from the engine. 180bhp is quite good gain from the wheels :)

I will probably get that apexi ecu aswell.

Does someone know how much those ecu's cost?

If you put celicas pfc to corolla, you must change couple wires. We tried celicas pfc in cts, and it worked fine, it just loose engine water temperature.

www.nengun.com Here you can see prices.

If you put celicas pfc to corolla, you must change couple wires. We tried celicas pfc in cts, and it worked fine, it just loose engine water temperature.

I got lucky on eBay and only paid £200 for the unit and the commander, it then cost me £350 to have it fitted and mapped but it was worth every penny believe me. To buy them new you are looking at around £400 and at least £350 for fitting and mapping but the end result is well worth it.

I got lucky on eBay and only paid £200 for the unit and the commander, it then cost me £350 to have it fitted and mapped but it was worth every penny believe me. To buy them new you are looking at around £400 and at least £350 for fitting and mapping but the end result is well worth it.

where did u get it fitted and mapped? was it Thor Racing? and also is their a certain Apexi FC we need to get? maybe the one for the Celica Tsport? or does n e 1 work? bcos they dnt actually hav 1 for the corolla

I think i bought it off you, forgot to say

Joe? is that you? lol,why did you not say you were a TOC member, i would have given you a discount! Just double checked the price i sold it for, it was 70 plus free special delivery. I would have done it for 60 plus free del for you.

Oh well, nevermind, i hope you are happy with it.. I broke my black plastic holder where the red shifter sits into the ball joint. My white clips broke due to the age of the car, most others have had no problems fitting it. So rather than buy a whole base unit from Toyota for 150,i got the TRD instead based on good responses on here for 150, with the base unit. So was a no brainer. TRD all the way.

I found when the car was cold in the mornings sometimes shifting was alittle difficult. Due to the decreased throw. You may get used to it, but my clips were broken and didnt want to risk driving with cable ties securing the broken clip area for more than a week till i got my TRD unit in. The whole unit used to lift up out of place when engaging reverse due to the huge strain on the plastic ball joint.

Cheers

Armz.

You are more than welcome to refund me £10 ;)

Or give me a big discount when yuo have other bits for sale :lol:

It was still pretty cheap to be honest, like brand new

:thumbsup: Sure next time i have something to sell.

It was practically brand new. Only used it for about 3-4 days i think while i waited for the TRD to arrive. I paid 97 + vat for the TTE at my local toyota dealership., and that was a special order so took about 10 days to get in from germany. Got my TRD from prolex very quickly.

I made sure to give the entire kit i sold you a very good clean to get all the grease off, so it was practically gleaming. :D

Armz.

can some one clear something up for me here plz, this apexifc thingy costs 400 then 350 for fitting and map'd,

11bhp gain then also wheel bhp up to 180bhp what is standard bhp at wheel's ?

any ideas to how fast this would make 0-60 ?

also the answers to the questions what ckman85 asked would be of some help :)

also a question for you armz, about the TTE quickshift, dont know how they come and i want to keep my leather and metal gear nob is this possible ?

can some one clear something up for me here plz, this apexifc thingy costs 400 then 350 for fitting and map'd,

To be honest i've heard these are not reliable in the longrun, depends how long you are going to keep the car or how hard you drive it, it does affect fuel economy and it can also cause other problems if not setup correctly.

They are not set and forget in that sense, as they can go wrong quite often, as it's all electronic, lots of re-flashing, re-adjusting etc..

I have no personal experience with them, but for the sake of the small gain in power and adjusting the lift and other issues i've left it from what i have heard.

Hopefully others with first hand experience can offer more help, for instance how long they ran it for etc..

Armz.

To be honest i've heard these are not reliable in the longrun, depends how long you are going to keep the car or how hard you drive it, it does affect fuel economy and it can also cause other problems if not setup correctly.

They are not set and forget in that sense, as they can go wrong quite often, as it's all electronic, lots of re-flashing, re-adjusting etc..

I have no personal experience with them, but for the sake of the small gain in power and adjusting the lift and other issues i've left it from what i have heard.

Hopefully others with first hand experience can offer more help, for instance how long they ran it for etc..

Armz.

Whoever told you weren't reliable doesn't know what they are talking about these can have up to 8 different settings once its been set thats it it doesn't need flashing and it doesn't lose the settings unless you wipe them I had 3 different settings and the ' race one' as i called it got me an extra 26hp on the rolla's and no ***** my mate has a 2wd sierra cossie and he couldn't catch me from a standing start it was that quick. They are worth the money if you are going to keep the car, the one you want is the celica one it works just needs an extra bit of wiring due to the fact the celica has two ecu's and the cts only has one but thats it!

Armz.

Whoever told you weren't reliable doesn't know what they are talking about these can have up to 8 different settings once its been set thats it it doesn't need flashing and it doesn't lose the settings unless you wipe them I had 3 different settings and the ' race one' as i called it got me an extra 26hp on the rolla's and no ***** my mate has a 2wd sierra cossie and he couldn't catch me from a standing start it was that quick. They are worth the money if you are going to keep the car, the one you want is the celica one it works just needs an extra bit of wiring due to the fact the celica has two ecu's and the cts only has one but thats it!

Thanks for the info. The thing is there are lots of different brand ones, i think that probably effects the end result alot. So it increases torque aswell as bhp? Would a full d-cat exhaust and performance hoses and plugs give a similar boost to say getting the chip?

Cheers

Armz.

Armz.

Sounds GR8 m8, i think i found the Commandor for our car, can u just check if its the correct one. Thanks link below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-APEXi-POWER-FC-C...1QQcmdZViewItem

P.S: did u get Thor Racing to fit it for u?

That link doesn't work either...

Does that ecu effect on the warranty?

For example the new model STOCK civic type r gets 121kw from the wheels..

180bhp is good... ;)

hmmm WEIRD, doesnt seem to wanna work. if u Type Apexi Fc or Type down the Item number which is 290177549030 on eBay

aye only thing is how to launch it right ? without damaging car. im still getting used to myn :) getting a typhoon and quick shift for xmas :)

Hi all,

Please have a look on this TS.It takes 6.4s or so to cover 0-100 km/h!I am thinking that could we can claim that TS is not a slow car isnt'it?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7LCy8ZXeQns

Nice video, dont think anyone disputes that the T-Sport isnt quick, after all it has 190bhp in a focus sized car. Notice that most of these videos rev the car right into the red zone, i always shift just before that....in the manual it says that revving into the red zone could cause engine damage

in the manual it says that revving into the red zone could cause engine damage

I have revved mine 2zz two years (including several track days) with 9500rpm rev limit, one year with supercharger. Its still in one piece. B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links