Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Type R's Too Fast

borodaz

well all that money spent on it and it cant get driven hard for long, waste of money if you ask me. still would be nice to have a drive :)

I don't think it's a waste given the advertising they'll get from it, as they do with their ST205 and the Gen 7 GT4-X. They keep building these awesome beasts so they must be getting something out of it apart from a big smile.

Spec on Saturday was listed as 408bhp. Perhaps they've changed the engine. Still fast enough to beat cars with almost 50% more power though.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Armz

• borodaz

• T128

• emsii

Top Posters In This Topic

well all that money spent on it and it cant get driven hard for long, waste of money if you ask me. still would be nice to have a drive :)

I don't think it's a waste given the advertising they'll get from it, as they do with their ST205 and the Gen 7 GT4-X. They keep building these awesome beasts so they must be getting something out of it apart from a big smile.

Spec on Saturday was listed as 408bhp. Perhaps they've changed the engine. Still fast enough to beat cars with almost 50% more power though.

They must have toned down the power for reliability, becuase they blew the gearbox up in the video that shows the car trying to make the 200mph shot, and at the time it was pushing 650+bhp.

Armz.

the 650bhp engine that was in the fensport 200mph 4wd corolla is now found in fensports gen7 GT4-X, after they moved it into there they put a lower, more 'reliabley' tuned 400bhp 3sgte into the 'rolla (that probably what they were running) ;)

the 650bhp engine that was in the fensport 200mph 4wd corolla is now found in fensports gen7 GT4-X, after they moved it into there they put a lower, more 'reliabley' tuned 400bhp 3sgte into the 'rolla (that probably what they were running) ;)

I wondered if that might be the case.; I heard the GT4-X is off to compete overseas so that would make sense.

The Rolla seemed to run just fine with 'only' 400 horses anyway. Would have been interesting to see the Celica on that track though, I think it would have done an even quicker time than the Rolla.

I wondered if that might be the case.; I heard the GT4-X is off to compete overseas so that would make sense.

The Rolla seemed to run just fine with 'only' 400 horses anyway. Would have been interesting to see the Celica on that track though, I think it would have done an even quicker time than the Rolla.

when i was at the japshow finale, i got to see the GT4-X running, however i didn't see the time as i was on the wrong side of the timing board :( but it was real fast! if i remeber correctly it was up againt an evo which it shrugged off easily :lol: even tho the celica is setup for circuit rather than drag :rolleyes: the sound was fantastic tho

hell of a lot cheaper ? its only 2 groups higher, or is that a big jump ?

Well my firend who is a few years younger than me (he's 23) did a quote on a multi company search site fo insurance for both the CTR and the CTS (assuming the same year of manufacture). From memory, the CTR came out at something like £1900 fully comp and the CTS came in at £850 fully comp. Just remember that the CTR is a high profile hot hatch and as such is a magnet for various types of crime, and the insurance companies sensibly factor this in to their quotes as well. The CTS however is a Corolla and only pensioners drive a corolla so not much chance of people torching it etc in the grand scheme of things ;)

If I was rich I would get a CTR, better seats, handling and is quicker than a CTS. CTR has a very good driving setup from the factory. My CTS is like a boat, speed bumps doesn't bother me anymore :D

Insurance for a CTR was £1000 or £550 for a CTS, both fully comp - I'm 21 3 years NCB.

Prefer driving a 'unique' car and suprising a few people :lol:

If I didn't have points I'd probably be owning a CTR right now. I'm 21 and with points means anything over group 16 or with a turbo is out of the question. My next car will a Celica GT4 ST205 just like damo746.

I've been up against 3 CTR's, you will be neck and neck to 60, maybe even ahead but after that the CTR will be gone.

Think its down to the second to third change...

I'm pretty certain (speed error possible) i can hit 65 in second in my TS, my mate said he topped out a 57 in second.

Think its down to the second to third change...

I'm pretty certain (speed error possible) i can hit 65 in second in my TS, my mate said he topped out a 57 in second.

Hmm, i'll have to check mine soon. My kenwood gps calibrated satnav unit shows my speed 2-3mph lower than my speedo does. I've never checked to see what speed 1st gear tops out at before. I just relied on some information from somwhere which said 1st on CTS tops out at 62mph. Thats why the 0-60 times are so much lower than toyotas figures? The test driver changed gear way before hitting the redline?

Armz.

Stock Type R weight is a little bit over 1200kg.. sadly it is lighter than stock cts :blink:

But is a 5door cts heavier than 3door?

CTS 3 door 1210kg

CTS 5 door 1220kg

CTR(old style) 3 door 1204kg (without aircon) - probably weighs the same 1210kg with a/c.

Also, people keep getting these mixed up, including car mag reviews.

CTS 189bhp

CTR 197bhp

CTS 192ps

CTR 200ps

Cts has a little bit under 190bhp stock.. Ctr has 200bhp or even more.. Many Ctr's has been dynod after changing the air filter and exhaust (mostly aem cai, not k&n) and they give almost 220bhp.

So your friend has about 30bhp more than you.. And his car is probably more lighter :(

Compressor can own a TypeR. This is a fact. :)

I can confirm that i've got a compressor and i ve stopped racing Type R's getting bored beating them :lol:

Yep me to :P

The Fensport Corolla has a tuned gt4 st205 engine in it which proves how good the engine is and the tuning possibilities are pretty much endless which was one of the things that disappointed me about the CTS and the fact they only put a 1.8 in it and not a 2 litre is disgraceful!. It could have been a hell of a car but it seems to me they held back quite alot whhich is strange considering all the hot hatches that were coming out at the same time anyway enough rambling by me i need to get back to my 323bhp 4 wheel drive monster of a car have fun and drive safe.

• 2 weeks later...
Today i had a run with my mate in his type r, coming off a bend in second he was infront by 2 car lengths. hit the straight and he kept edging away i couldnt keep up so i gave up when he was about 5 lengths infront.(of course this was on a local track)

His type r has a k and n typhoon and exhaust. myn is standard.

Sort of wishing i got a type r now, gave him a good go but leaving the type r's alone now.

COme on son letting the side down, ok the induction kit gives the type R a bit more bite, but dont be disheartened, if you get a typhoon induction kit that you back to nearly level - i Have yet to have a Type R Beat me, we have a corner up here called the Bridgestone Corner - i raced one thorugh this corner and he had the lead and i pulled out a car length after the corner and then there was the straight, i reckon it also depends on your gear changes and as soemone mentioned earlier the engine temp but have not had any difference in power from engne temps - also if your cars fully brimmed wont be as quick with a half tank :-) or is that just me lol :-p

we have a corner up here called the Bridgestone Corner - i raced one thorugh this corner and he had the lead and i pulled out a car length after the corner and then there was the straight, i reckon it also depends on your gear changes

Which race track is that on?

we have a corner up here called the Bridgestone Corner - i raced one thorugh this corner and he had the lead and i pulled out a car length after the corner and then there was the straight, i reckon it also depends on your gear changes

Lol its not on a race track - its a road that cutts off the main dual carriageway and ever since i have fitted my strut brace i love this corner - Have had Triumphs over a golf GTI , Type R and recenlty i caught an Evo 4 on the corner but as soon as the road straightened i was toast lol!

Lol its not on a race track - its a road that cutts off the main dual carriageway and ever since i have fitted my strut brace i love this corner - Have had Triumphs over a golf GTI , Type R and recenlty i caught an Evo 4 on the corner but as soon as the road straightened i was toast lol!

TOC cannot condone postings about racing on public roads.....................This has been stated on the forums many times.

Any further postings relating to racing on public roads will be removed by a member of the moderating team.

Posts about on track racing are very welcome :thumbsup:

i need to get back to my 323bhp 4 wheel drive monster of a car have fun and drive safe.

Mods? graph? :)

type R's too fast ?????? maybe for your car .

my tsport can beat type R's aslong they are not highly tune i race them almost every week.

there were a time i think the ctr can beat a cts convincely from what i read from internet but not now i been up agains loads of ctr's upto 90mph(not on a public road)

i have not meet standard ctr that beats my car theirfore what i read on the internet is bs just people who want to big up honda in another forum.

here is a simple hint for anybody who cares DONT EVER RACE a type R ON A ROLLING START they will beat you cos there power kicks in quickie,always agree on standing still start the ctr aint going nowhere and 9/10 ctr driver are muppet's who t overate the type r's and will make mistake and mess up cos they dont know how to deal with the situration where a corolla is right next to them .

type R's too fast ?????? maybe for your car .

my tsport can beat type R's aslong they are not highly tune i race them almost every week.

there were a time i think the ctr can beat a cts convincely from what i read from internet but not now i been up agains loads of ctr's upto 90mph(not on a public road)

i have not meet standard ctr that beats my car theirfore what i read on the internet is bs just people who want to big up honda in another forum.

here is a simple hint for anybody who cares DONT EVER RACE a type R ON A ROLLING START they will beat you cos there power kicks in quickie,always agree on standing still start the ctr aint going nowhere and 9/10 ctr driver are muppet's who t overate the type r's and will make mistake and mess up cos they dont know how to deal with the situration where a corolla is right next to them .

i was rolling when we started i was in second, he has typhoon and exhaust, myn was standard. and the ctr driver wasnt a muppet he is my friend. so completely different to what you have just described really.

i will have to get him to have a go with me from standing :)

my other mate has an old shape civic vtec that he has fitted a turbo too, now i had no chance with this he left me for good, turbos are cheets though :)

Just like to add the cts can beat ctr from stand still start upto 90-100 but the driver still need to know how to launch the cts.

the best thing about the cts are not everyone can get the best out of the cts.

A lot of people jump in the cts for five minutes then decide the ctr are much quicky which is not true they have not spend enough time working out how to unleash the 2zz-ge power to match the cts gearbox and win agains the ctr's.

Just like to add the cts can beat ctr from stand still start upto 90-100 but the driver still need to know how to launch the cts.

A lot of people jump in the cts for five minutes then decide the ctr are much quicky which is not true they have not spend enough time working out how to unleash the 2zz-ge power to match the cts gearbox and win agains the ctr's.

So how to unleash the 2ZZge power to match the cts gearbox and win against the ctr's?

4000rpm in first dip clutch , make sure you catch lift in second then 3rd too. after that go to mrT and buy new clutch lol :)

i love the cts but it is not faster than ctr. the ctr does 0-100 2 seconds faster than the cts. you must be racing a type-s

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links