Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Autocar "soft Roader" Review - This Week's Edition

Sussex_Paul

Just to put you out of your misery, they did a test on the following:

Chevrolet Captiva 2.0D LT

Citroen C-Crosser 2.2 HDi Excusive

H*nd@ CReVice 2.2 CTdi EX

Hyundai Santa-Fe CRDT CDX+7

Jeep Patriot 2.0 CRD Sport

Ned Flander 2 TD4 SE

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0 DI-D Elegance

Nissan X-Trail 2.0 CDI Sport

Peugeot 4007 GT 2.2 HDI

Skoda Octavia Scout 2.0 TDi 4x4 Estate

Suzuki Grand Vitara 1.9 DDiS 5DR

Rav-4 XT4 D-4D

Vauxhall Antara SE 2.0 CDTi

Bottom line is the Rav didn't fair particulary well.

Comments like:

"Handling powers are very limited and it's steering and brakes almost devoid of feel"

"Refinement is about average"

"It may not be the worst car here but it is probably the most disappointing"

And the worst one of the lot:

"The X-Trail alone renders the Rav4 entirely pointless" :crybaby:

The good news is that the one that fell out of the ugly tree and hit most of the branches on the way down, didn't fair any better.

Slightly less good news is the Ned Flander came overall 2nd. (C-Crosser 4th and Patriot 3rd)

And they voted the X-Trail tops!! :wacko:

What is the world coming to????

Oh and the best for off roading was the Vitara! :(

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fujisan

• chatman

• dave.m

• shcm

Top Posters In This Topic

Would not worry too much Paul, the magazine I get says the Vitara is the UK's worst 4X4.

Think that puts the reviews into perspective does it not. ;) Impartial reviewers ? Probably

down to the hospitality they got at the time.

I rest my case m'lud.

We should get bothy to review them knowing what a balanced and unbiased opinion we could expect.

Clarkson, Hammond, May - out.

Bothy for President.

I rest my case m'lud.

We should get bothy to review them knowing what a balanced and unbiased opinion we could expect.

Clarkson, Hammond, May - out.

Bothy for President.

Yea I vote for bothy...he does have the prize for the most spotlights....

Sorry the X-trail just looks so boring. :mellow:

And the Neddy and the Patriot will fall to bits. :(

I'll stick with the super RAV4 :yahoo:

What has Sussex Paul got against Honda? ( the one he cant even spell) Is it the fact that when you compare the Honda and Rav £ for £, equipment level, driveability, run flat or no spare situation, premature flywheel failure, and cheapest model (Xt5) with cruise control almost 26k that Honda is ahead.

Still own my XTR D4D and due to replace spring of next year, Rav still in frame if spare situation sorted or cruise fitted to XTR or XT4.

Honda has averaged 42.4 mpg over first 10,000 mls, considering some trips as low as 32 when i have beeen off road quite a bit. Rav shows 44 most of time.

P.S. If only looks you are after " Freelander 2 " ??? : :D D

Oh dear oh dear! :no::no:

I need to lie down in a dark corner.............I can't believe what I've just read :eek:

Is it still halloween :wacko:

Or are we getting close to April fools day :g:

This kind of rebellion can only cause trouble :bangin:

In olden days such thoughts would be considered heresy.....repent ......before somebody gets out the matches :lol::lol::lol:

Yea I vote for bothy...he does have the prize for the most spotlights....

I would vote for Bothy except I'm worried he might make a long accceptance speech at which point I would be looking to the wings for my translator............... :D

Kingo :thumbsup:

Oh dear oh dear! :no::no:

I need to lie down in a dark corner.............I can't believe what I've just read :eek:

Is it still halloween :wacko:

Or are we getting close to April fools day :g:

This kind of rebellion can only cause trouble :bangin:

In olden days such thoughts would be considered heresy.....repent ......before somebody gets out the matches :lol::lol::lol:

HONDA , HONDA who left the back door open again................Cant come onto a Toyota forum and say the ugly one is better than the RAV....maybe so in magazine land but not on here...I even found it's twin (see other threads...not posting picture again as it makes me feel sick) :sick: :sick:

th_L5I3MUCA5PC3K8CAA0C2X0CAJMCXPQCAT6S.jpg

Fuji I'll get the matches and fire lighters....................

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Someone called for the Rav hit squad ? Your mission should you accept it, go to Ayrshire look for an ugly unmentionable

one parked next to a beautiful Rav and exterminate it :2guns::2guns::2guns:

:lol::lol::lol:

Now the X Trail, had a top of range one for a hire car for nine days. Did not rate it at all :no::no: would rather

have had a Qashqai.

Now the X Trail, had a top of range one for a hire car for nine days. Did not rate it at all :no::no: would rather

have had a Qashqai.

Or a wheelbarrow...........same thing :lol::lol::lol:

Chatman, I've called in reinforcement's

t_7708.jpg

OK Fuj, obviously somebody has to ask. What are your weapons?

Chatman, I've called in reinforcement's

t_7708.jpg

Yep been on the blower :o and got these as well.....

amigo3.jpg

"Lets open up a whole can of whoopee" :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

What has Sussex Paul got against Honda? ( the one he cant even spell) Is it the fact that when you compare the Honda and Rav £ for £, equipment level, driveability, run flat or no spare situation, premature flywheel failure, and cheapest model (Xt5) with cruise control almost 26k that Honda is ahead.

Still own my XTR D4D and due to replace spring of next year, Rav still in frame if spare situation sorted or cruise fitted to XTR or XT4.

Honda has averaged 42.4 mpg over first 10,000 mls, considering some trips as low as 32 when i have beeen off road quite a bit. Rav shows 44 most of time.

P.S. If only looks you are after " Freelander 2 " ??? : :D D

Sorry for late response Guys,

Was rushed immediately to A+E after reading this post - apparently my ribs had split!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Just for my own peace of mind, this is still a Toyota Rav4 forum isn't it?? :fear:

Now, where's the number for my personal direct line to George Dub'ya. Sure he's got a few B2's to spare this weekend...... :rolleyes:

Seems i have stirred things up a little. I was NOT slagging Rav (the way some slag Honda) just giving my opinion on the 2 vehicles i currently run, 30000k in my 4-2 Rav and 10000k in Crv. Had only 1 problem with Toyota to date, clutch master cylinder which lost pressure, repaired next day 100% satisfactory. My only complaint to date with Rav is very innacurate speedometer which Toyota refuse to replace. 10% plus 2 mph over at true 70 mph = reading nearly and sometimes over 80. Only trouble with Crv, it had bad steering pull to n/side, 100% o.k. after revised geometry specifications.

The T 180 is still high on my list for next year, can't deny power and handling of car is impressive. Run flat situation still a niggle.

Having had company cars for 25 years until i retired a couple of years ago and worked in motor trade for about 40 years the above faults are miniscule to what I have suffered with non Japanese products. Never owned a Japanese car until i retired and after a little research the Rav Xtr D4D came tops.

Would like to show you photo of my other Toyota (not Rav) but seem unable to attach photos stored in my documents, would really love to make you all cry. Help appreciated. ( to attach photo)

Paul, Hope your ribs getting better.

Till next post.

Would like to show you photo of my other Toyota (not Rav) but seem unable to attach photos stored in my documents, would really love to make you all cry. Help appreciated. ( to attach photo)

Paul, Hope your ribs getting better.

Till next post.

druand no harm meant just a bit of friendly banter between makes....

see this pinned forum item on posting pictures....Click Here

Anybody any idea what to do with a redundant six foot high bonfire with a stake in the middle of it! :lol::lol:

Anybody any idea what to do with a redundant six foot high bonfire with a stake in the middle of it! :lol::lol:

I also have a couple of white capes with matching pointy hoods..complete with eye holes :blowup: :blowup: :blowup:

may even throw in the pitch forks as well....

Thanks Chatman, Didn't take offence for one minute "good healthy banter" how could i when i still own one.

Grand Prix

Tried as you advised and hope you can access, if o.k. please don't think photos a wind up they are genuine. I was garage F.I.A. M.S.A. scrutineer on Ralph's car for duration of event.

Hope to hear from you.

Druand

Try again,

s224/albums/dd114/druand/

druand...

Don't know how your trying to post the pics, but it's best from a hosting site...most on here use www.photobucket.com... upload pics then use the direct link to post into TOC forum...

My posting shows this being used.... where is the above link being brought from...looks like your local PC..

Hope you showed Ralph where the back door was and to ensure he closed it on his way out...We know it was not locked as Alonso left the same way :lol::lol::lol:

I was garage F.I.A. M.S.A. scrutineer on Ralph's car for duration of event.

Druand

:eek: Wow, that must have been an interesting job, even on Ralf's car :lol:

How many pit lane passes did Uncle Bernie make you wear around your neck? :lol:

It's a few years since I went to my last GP, hopefully when the lad is older we'll go to Spa.

Hope you sort out the photo posting problem, would love to see those pictures :thumbsup:

Has Chatman say's Photobucket is the easy way to do it.

Photobucket.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links