Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

5 Hours Washing And Polishing

nig.xl

Kev

I didn't spend 5 hours cleaning the car I spent considerably more. I believe there are far worse ways of wasting time.

:P

Ah well, horses for courses, we all have our little things, I spend a similar amount of time at the weekend sitting on the computer bored off my head & yet somehow think that if I'd made my car gleam it would have been a waste of time.

Doesn't it devastate you if you have to drive on the motorway in the pouring rain soon after making it so shiny though?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anchorman

• chatman

• Fujisan

• dave.m

Kev

I didn't spend 5 hours cleaning the car I spent considerably more. I believe there are far worse ways of wasting time.

:P

Ah well, horses for courses, we all have our little things, I spend a similar amount of time at the weekend sitting on the computer bored off my head & yet somehow think that if I'd made my car gleam it would have been a waste of time.

Doesn't it devastate you if you have to drive on the motorway in the pouring rain soon after making it so shiny though?

That seems to be the norm...The weather men always say Sunday will be nice...So we all clean our cars ready for Monday and low and behold it rains all day Monday and you always get stuck behind some large lorry dripping it's putrid cargo all over the front of your now dirty car..... :angry: :angry: :angry:

Ever happened to me.....Nar :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would be far happier if it stayed dry and it kept the just polished look. I used to be polishing my car all the time (many years ago) and although I regularly clean this one the lack of proper attention was beginning to show. The water lay flat on it and the dirt was starting to cling especially to the tar spots (last summer wasn't even hot).

I just thought I should try to maintain some of the value of this rapidly depreciating possession and was driven by my conscience. There are many other things I would prefer doing with my time but it did feel like time well spent and was good to stand back and look at (sad I know).

The short dry spell ended today and when I got home the sides were more or less dry (water just blew off it). It also felt like it was doing about 90mpg with the reduced wind resistance! :P

Did it still have your portrait embossed in the side of it........... :P :P :P :P :P

I would be far happier if it stayed dry and it kept the just polished look. I used to be polishing my car all the time (many years ago) and although I regularly clean this one the lack of proper attention was beginning to show. The water lay flat on it and the dirt was starting to cling especially to the tar spots (last summer wasn't even hot).

I just thought I should try to maintain some of the value of this rapidly depreciating possession and was driven by my conscience. There are many other things I would prefer doing with my time but it did feel like time well spent and was good to stand back and look at (sad I know).

The short dry spell ended today and when I got home the sides were more or less dry (water just blew off it). It also felt like it was doing about 90mpg with the reduced wind resistance! :P

:thumbsup::yahoo: B) :toast:

If anchorwoman sees that she'll have me sitting at the side of the car all day while she squints into the door to see if she can get old Brad to reappear. I'm afraid the six pack is more of a party 7 these days!!!

However, shcm did a good makeover and if you do squint and get far enough back there is a striking resemblance (when I say far back enough I mean about 2 miles) :huh:

If anchorwoman sees that she'll have me sitting at the side of the car all day while she squints into the door to see if she can get old Brad to reappear. I'm afraid the six pack is more of a party 7 these days!!!

However, shcm did a good makeover and if you do squint and get far enough back there is a striking resemblance (when I say far back enough I mean about 2 miles) :huh:

Well I'm in Essex and NOP you still don't look like him... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I'm in Essex and NOP you still don't look like him... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just go back another few steps........... B) B) B)

Just go back another few steps........... B) B) B)

That will put me outside and it's dark... B) B) Hang on if I squint a little...the image does get a bit there or is that the door curvature coming into play....

I'm in Dublin next Tuesday, I will look then...Will have my Guinness goggles on as well..........

Edit:

Hey Anchorman...you been touting your image around...Looks like you've found a niche market for your image...Click Here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Anchorman...you been touting your image around...Looks like you've found a niche market for your image...Click Here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wheelchair::lol::lol:

Don't know why I'm laughing..........old age comes to us all eventually.......hopefully ;)

Naughty one Chatman, the old guy doesn,t look a bit like Anchorman!!!!!!!!

Clare

me old mans still driving at 89.

Nae accidents that were his fault for 35+ years- ie the last 35+

Then ye see an eejit in the Officialdom wantin IQ tests - must be cos they've been threatened wi redundancy due to lack of intelligence an see this as a way of diverting attention.

Onyway, whit happens tae all the tax the auld guys pay?? They don't get education; hardly get the bins emptied; rarely mug passers-by; don't go out at night so don't need street lights; never put the heating on cos its too expensive so are carbon free; hardly drink; and spend their time playing sudoko....

meanwhile working rats race aroon the toon causing mayhem and congestion; kids get driven tae school; free education; compensation if a teacher or onywan else calls them names; and so on........

Wrinklies are ozone friendly too........

You are complaining about the weather...Back in july '98 I've been in London for ten days. My suitcases were full of umbrellas, knowing the story about weather in GB. All I can say is that the temperature was never below 30 grades Celsius, I sweated like a pig, and all the umbrellas were anything but useful.:)

I guess you got it, I must have another trip to England for the sun to shine for days. Anyway, I'll announce you when it will happend, so you could polish your cars! :goof:

You are complaining about the weather...Back in july '98 I've been in London for ten days. My suitcases were full of umbrellas, knowing the story about weather in GB. All I can say is that the temperature was never below 30 grades Celsius, I sweated like a pig, and all the umbrellas were anything but useful.:)

I guess you got it, I must have another trip to England for the sun to shine for days. Anyway, I'll announce you when it will happend, so you could polish your cars! :goof:

Back in 98? I think that was the last time we had decent weather!

Don't be fooled. You will be wise to bring the umbrellas if you come again!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Two and half cold but happy hours this morning, washing, polishing and repolishing the RAV :yahoo::yahoo:

Couldn't quite get Brad Pitt to appear in the reflection along the side but she look's pretty damn good to me :thumbsup:

Just had to promise the wife that I'll wash / polish her car to the standard, so that she doesn't think I've completely lost it :lol::lol::lol:

Brad Pitt?

Never heard of him. So you want me to come and pose for the reflection shot again???

Glad to oblige Fuj'.

'course, this publicity stuff can get expensive you know! :naughty:

Brad Pitt?

Never heard of him. So you want me to come and pose for the reflection shot again???

Glad to oblige Fuj'.

'course, this publicity stuff can get expensive you know! :naughty:

I'm not sure I could afford your "A - list" publicity rates! :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Right, time hijack this post with some French Flair...........

Wife nicked RAV this morning and left dirty car in it's place....You can tell it belongs to a woman :huh: , from the small dent in front drivers side wing...she managed to clip the gate post, same gap we fitted a 7 1/2 ton removal lorry through....

DSCF0637.jpg

DSCF0635a.jpg

DSCF0636a.jpg

O and she likes denting things...Here's my RAV with...

DSCF0054.jpg

But still :wub: :wub:

Bad girl!

Reach in behind that dent (you might have to detach the liner) and you will push most of it out with your finger ends.

Use a rounded wooden stick if a bit is awkward.

Wouldn't you know, came home from work this morning, decided to go for a spin and some lunch to Stirling.

Fought with wife to get back in time to wash Rav. Got it half done in a nice clear sky, then within a nano second

it clouds over and p^sses down so I'm washing Rav in the pouring rain (again) getting deja vu about one of my

old threads here. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't you know, came home from work this morning, decided to go for a spin and some lunch to Stirling.

Fought with wife to get back in time to wash Rav. Got it half done in a nice clear sky, then within a nano second

it clouds over and p^sses down so I'm washing Rav in the pouring rain (again) getting deja vu about one of my

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Only you DAVE.............

Been nice here all day blue sky and only now is it raining......managed to clean the RAV as well ....Well it was sat still all last week under a tree (F*&%g birds)....

Looks like you can clean the RAV and log into the forum and report on things as well...wow amazing :o :o :o

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Only you DAVE.............

Been nice here all day blue sky and only now is it raining......managed to clean the RAV as well ....Well it was sat still all last week under a tree (F*&%g birds)....

Looks like you can clean the RAV and log into the forum and report on things as well...wow amazing :o :o :o

:lol::lol: you never answered my question about the rear doorstrap kit ?

Errr what was the question.Cant remember you asking it.... ;) ;) ;)

Errr what was the question.Cant remember you asking it.... ;) ;) ;)

You were too busy slagging off my spare wheel and offering boxes to fit it in to notice :lol::lol:

Read the thread again !!

You were too busy slagging off my spare wheel and offering boxes to fit it in to notice :lol::lol:

Read the thread again !!

Yes Please.......Always said you where a top bloke Dave :D :D :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links