Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

5 Hours Washing And Polishing

nig.xl

Got a very shiny Rav now :D .

Shame to take it out now and get it all dirty

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anchorman

• chatman

• Fujisan

• dave.m

Ah, but did you do it in the rain ? :lol:

...and a few photos please, to prove you have done all this work :P :D

Oh yes it was washed in the rain alright. The polishing was a bit trickier though so it had 2 coats put on in the garage.

Pics to follow.

If this blasted weather would just give me a day I would love to give it a coat of Maguire's Gold and maybe follow up with AutoGlym Super Gloss.

Busy building an arc at the moment dunno about polish!

Coat of Autoglym wax and super gloss.

It was either polish the Rav or decorate :rolleyes:

No contest really.

PDR_0073.jpg

PDR_0074.jpg

It's better to rain on your car when it's clean. But you must not move it until all the water and the mud is gone!

PS Five hours?...Man, is your wife still with you? :lol: If so, how its it possible? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding, mate. ;) The car looks great.

After I bought the car, while I was passing by the window and see it outside how good it looks, and stop for a minute, my wife was grumbeling "%$%%*& your precious car &*&^%. Why don't you stay with me instead?" You know what I mean? ^_^

For some time I've been itching to get some polish on the RAV and so I've been taking advantage of these few dry days. I started by getting a mat and going over each panel at ground level removing an unbelievable amount of tar spots from just about all over the thing. I then applied a good coat of Meguires Gold and finished with a coat of AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection.

Not Bad IMHO;

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

Then Wollaston came around and captured this image of yours truly having a brew;

IMG_1384.jpg

I could use it for a security car now as bullets will just bounce off!!

Blimey Anchorman, that's spectacular :clap: :clap:

Naked number plates as well! :D.

Mind you, think you could have cleaned those tyres and under those wheel arches :lol:

I've just got in from doing a wheel position rotation, so I've got used to looking at RAV wheel arches today! (usually takes me ages to do it)

Cheers

Anybody local can work it out anyway!

It is far from a complete valet as the glass wasn't done and only one of the wheels which was an experiment. I used tar remover on it and got every spec of brake dust off. I then applied a couple of coats of polish to see how it goes on for getting/keeping clean but its a soul destroying task and I had to go help Wollaston with a little woodworking job so it had to be shelved for a bit.

If I could get a few days dry weather you would be able to hear the whole thing shine from the West Midlands!!!!

While doing the wheel I found what looked like a pin hole in the laquer. There have been several reports of wheel problems on Toyotas so I will be monitoring that very closely.

Cheers

I think I can hear it singing already, it'll be a full choir by the time you finish :D

I know what you mean about tar spots - could just be one of those things or times, but 4.3 seems more prone to it than 4.2. However I did extend the mud flaps on the 4.2, so maybe that is it.

They've also been mixing molasses in with the grit around here, for the last couple of seasons, (supposed to help it stay on the road). I do wonder whether it is also sticking more muck to the car. There does seem to be a lot of extra sticky muck at the moment, more than past winters.

Cheers.

The maguires website has some quite interesting videos on polishing and I will try some of these products when I go to the USA in June. They are a lower price in dollars as we pay in pounds so I will sit tight. The vids are worth a watch though;

http://www.meguiars.com/

PS I would like to point out that the door has had a "crazy mirrors" effect and turned me into an overweight grey haired old git when in fact I am more of a dashing young film star type (Clive XT5 - don't start anything!!!).

Regards

Anchorman is that your reflection in the paintwork( wit pot o, tea). Seriously though maguires whole range of car-care products are second to none. As it happens (werv,e I heard that before) I,m going up to Ramsey on Weds to get some as it,s the only place on the island I can get it( would you believe at a VW dealers).

Clare

Yep

Thats me in a typical weekend pose (important to remember the PS above though!!!) and yes duncs it is a First Group jacket.

You can buy maguires online;

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/

Yep

Thats me in a typical weekend pose (important to remember the PS above though!!!) and yes duncs it is a First Group jacket.

Very nice :thumbsup: was going to wash my own Rav today as it stopped raining for the first time in 5 months. Alas its

to rain again tomorrow, then snow later in the week. So its the lesser of two evils, having a strop because its dirty

rather than a bigger strop because you spend 2 hours cleaning then its as bad tomorrow. :wacko: Get my drift ?

Well it looks like Bob has started a trend on here with members now exposing themselves at the drop of a hat.

And flashing their number plates :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Exposing?

Is the reflection so good it has x-ray properties :D

HA HA HA at you lot...exposing your self in shiny RAV reflections.. B) B) B)

I shall remain anonymous and not give in to this :bag: :bag: :bag: my reflection and number plate (be it a private one) shall stay safe..... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

There you go ladies - I've managed to deconvolve the image, which removes the distortion and reveals Anchorman's true Identity :lol:

IMG_1385.jpg

There you go ladies - I've managed to deconvolve the image, which removes the distortion and reveals Anchorman's true Identity :lol:

IMG_1385.jpg

Far too much time on your hands shcm............If I send you a picture of the wife ;) can you make her look like Angelina....

All right I got plenty of time and no rush in getting me the picture back quickly....you may be a while. :unsure: :unsure: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I hope I never get to the point where I've got nothing better to do with my life than spend 5 hours of it cleaning my car

shcm

Yeh thats more like it. Its that convex instead of concave door that did it.

Kev

I didn't spend 5 hours cleaning the car I spent considerably more. I believe there are far worse ways of wasting time.

:P

For some time I've been itching to get some polish on the RAV and so I've been taking advantage of these few dry days. I started by getting a mat and going over each panel at ground level removing an unbelievable amount of tar spots from just about all over the thing. I then applied a good coat of Meguires Gold and finished with a coat of AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection.

Not Bad IMHO;

IMG_1386.jpg

:eek::eek::yes::yes::toast::toast::yahoo::yahoo: B) B)

Lovely job Anchorman! An absolute credit to you!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links