Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vvtl-i Badges

Norfolk n Chance

Gaz,

Any idea on when they'll be arriving? I'm itching to play with them on my car! :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norfolk n Chance

• -T- Sport

• ae102

• UKDM323

We should have them a few days after sending the order in :thumbsup:

Haven't sent the order yet as i wanted to make sure everyone who wants one had enough time to express an interest.

So, for those who've ordered, how much longer do we wait before sending off for them?

End of the week??

End of the week sounds good. Can't wait to get fiddling! (with the badges.....)

End of the week sounds good. Can't wait to get fiddling! (with the badges.....)

Yeah, yeah, we believe you! :lol:

Bump!

Time's running out peeps!

If you want some speak now!!

The end of the week is fast approaching!!

Bump!

hey mate sorry i know i said i was interested in some but changed my mind not too keen on them, like the original but the ones bein made up not to my taste, sorry for wasting your time an that

mike

Bump!

hey mate sorry i know i said i was interested in some but changed my mind not too keen on them, like the original but the ones bein made up not to my taste, sorry for wasting your time an that

mike

No worries mate.

The 'original' pic i found was actually a Badge the lads in Oz had made.

Mr T only produces a VVTL-i sticker which looks really naff!! :lol:

those badges are American not Austalian (the copies not the stickers). got to agree with Mike - the badges look awful. if i sent a picture of the VVTL-i Badge and thats was his proto-type i would have told him to do better or forget about it. they dont match the original badges and i think would look naff with them on. Gaz, if you are gonna get stung for these tell him to f*** off as his work is crap

Nothing against people voicing an opinon.

What one person likes another won't.

Comments of "tell him to f*** off as his work is crap" is rather un-called for.

Nothing against people voicing an opinon.

What one person likes another won't.

Comments of "tell him to f*** off as his work is crap" is rather un-called for.

not really mate - what he has made is nothing like what you asked for - so it is poor work and disrespectful, your the customer and he has made what is best for him not what we wanted. remember i really liked the original copies so if he's so good why didnt he do some like you/we wanted. i tried to put it politely before by saying they wouldnt match the original badges on the car and judging by the take up after all the original interest most people agree. i'm hoping you havent put the money for them as i wouldnt like to see you lose out - sometimes you have to be objective.

The oroiginal copies are readily available for the same money..............

i cant source the originals as they dont exist :(

And you didn't mention that previously because?? :huh:

I posted up pictures of Davy's Roadster which showed exactly what Likwidart was like.

Only 4 badges down on the original interest, the only reason i kept bumping the topic is because i didn't want anybody who wanted some to miss out :thumbsup:

i cant source the originals as they dont exist :(

And you didn't mention that previously because?? :huh:

I posted up pictures of Davy's Roadster which showed exactly what Likwidart was like.

Only 4 badges down on the original interest, the only reason i kept bumping the topic is because i didn't want anybody who wanted some to miss out :thumbsup:

if you remember you said the badges were original Toyota badges used in Oz. me old mans work mate lives out there so i thought i could get some from Toyota in Oz. After posting on the TOC forum over there it turned out they were copy badges made by an American firm - Ozzies only get stickers. As i was finding this out you had already in the process of having a proto type done. once you had the proto done i was shown were to source the badges you were originally after - what was i suppose to do, you were taking orders for something i thought you had paid up front for? the badges on the MR2 do look good but they arent copying something - the VVTL-i badges you showed us originally matched the badges on the car. I think most of us were expecting them to look like that. soz Gaz...........

:lol:

It's not a prob mate, i hadn't paid anything up-front you should've PM'd me!! :lol:

It's not a prob mate, i hadn't paid anything up-front you should've PM'd me!! :lol:

will send you details of the ones. i thought you had bought an amount and was passing them on, my mistake thats why i didnt say i had sourced some - nothing underhand. would you rather have the one you first showed us?

will send you details of the ones. i thought you had bought an amount and was passing them on, my mistake thats why i didnt say i had sourced some - nothing underhand. would you rather have the one you first showed us?

I still like the Likwidart ones but there's no harm in having a choice! ;)

Final bump peeps!

I'll be placing the order on Tuesday!

:thumbsup:

Spoke to Rob this morning, i should have the badges by mid-week and then will send them straight out to everyone!

:D

I'm guessing that a few peeps who are unsure are probably waiting to see what they look like on members cars before commiting to buy.

As the badges have been made if anybody wants some after they've seen what they look like then i can either organise another group buy or peeps can contact Rob direct.

Goodie!

Just had the car lowered today and the addition of these badges during the week will be great!

They have arrived!! :D

They look even better in the "flesh"!! :lol:

Hopefully will get them all sent out tomorrow lunch time!!

Woo!

3 Places I can think of sticking them so far... 2 the same as yours!

Under the Side Repeaters

Back of the Sideskirts

Back of the door Bumpstrips.

Right badges will be sent tomorrow lunchtime Recorded Delivery :thumbsup:

Went today but it shut at 1!!! :blink:

Nice one so thats 2 things for the car tomorow, a TTE front spoiler bk all painted ready to fit & a Badge lol :)

Right, dependant on the Royal Mail the badges should be with you today! :yahoo:

So here's some fitting instructions thanks to Davy (cfc1) :thumbsup:

Obviously they're not for our badges but follow the walkthrough!!

these are instructions from Rob at likwidart, what he didn't add was the full instructions but he has pasted them on verbally to me and i shall now share them with you lot.

these instructions need to be followed exactly, if you try and freestyle this and it goes kaput, its your fault for not reading the instructions properly, or not following them. if it does go wrong they can be removed, but you won't be able to reuse them.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PEOPLE FITTING THE EAGLE BADGE TO THEIR WIND DEFLECTOR

FIND THE SMALL EAGLE BADGE IN YOUR SET AND REMOVE THE 'M' FROM THE HEAD OF THE EAGLE NOW. IF YOU TRY AND PUT THE BADGE ON WITH IT STILL IN PLACE IT WON'T FIT!

MR2_Eagle_Fitting_1.jpg

at all times these badges must be treated with great care, until they are on the car they are very fragile, and the last thing you want is a section to ping off.

make sure that the area you are going to adhere them to is properly clean. i would highly reccomend giving the area a proper t-cut if you have removed an old badge from that area. also use a lint free soft cloth so that you don't add more scratches.

finish off with a degreasing agent like lighter fluid or meths to remove any grease or dirt. if there is any left on there it will affect the adhesion of the glue.

keeping the logo on its backing paper, position your logo where you want it on the car. you may find using a longer piece of masking tape a useful guid to make sure its straight. take you time on this because once its on its on, and if you want to remove it you will need to buy a new badge.

once you are happy with its location you need to mark it on the car its location. the best way to do this is to put a piece of masking tape on the left hand side vertical and another at the bottom, this will leave a lovely 'L' shape on the rear of your car.

you can now take away your logo leaving a lovely L shape on the car.

this stage it is vitally important that you do it as told, if you don't you can make a mess of it.

you must lay masking tape over the eagle badge so that you can remove it from its backing paper. when you put the tape on you must not stretch it over (otherwise when you remove the backing paper the tape relaxes and moves all the items out of place) gently lay 2 stripes 1 on the left hand vertical and one on the bottom. (these will be your guides when you come to put the badge on the car)

make sure you work the tape properly around the whole shape of the badge (if you stick to just the top you may not be able to lift all the parts up.)

now do the same with some smaller pieces of tape over the rest of the badge, making sure not to stretch the tape, and that it covers all of the badge.

you can now turn the badge over and carefully remove the backing paper, make sur eyou don't touch the sticky back sections, and that all sections are stuck to the masking tape.

take your time on this, if you rush it and it isn't straight, you'll have to pick it all off and buy a new one. use the straight edges of the masking tape you left on the car, and the ones you stuck on the badge as a guide to line up the location. once your happy push down on to the car.

now gently work on each piece of the badge, making sure that all sections are pushed down firmly. i would spend a good 5 minutes doing this just to make sure all sections are pushed on.

now you can gently remove the masking tape, if you have done this properly the badge should be perfectly positioned, and all stuck down. now use a little more lighter fluid or meths and remove any sticky marks from the masking tape. and voila your all done.

if you are unsure of any part of these please don't hesitate to contact me, i'd rather you speak to me first than try it and make a pigs ear of it. or even come and see me or rob at Likwidart and i'll fit it for free.

I didn't get mine today.

The RM in Runcorn are Striking over Overtime apparently. So Hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow.

have you fitted yours yet Gaz, or atleast decided?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links