Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blob Watch-rav

chatman

Sorry I claim Chatters has an unfare advantage,(1) there are no hills in Essex. (2) for half of that mileage he was towing it behind his new mountain bike, (3) he probably had some of his tennents pushing it..I demand a re-run.. :yes:

:o :o The pheasants uprising....Never....

(1) there are no hills in Essex.

I live at the bottom of a hill... :yes: :yes: Have to travel down the M11 towards M25 (to park in the morning) then back up again later on...

(2) for half of that mileage he was towing it behind his new mountain bike,

Did 28 miles last weekend and was 28 miles more off road than my RAV will ever do..Love the adjustable suspension on the bike.... :P :P :P

(3) he probably had some of his tennents pushing it.

Never...there all working in the fields getting the crops in and making sure I have enough logs to keep me warm this winter

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fujisan

• Hoovie

• chatman

• local hero

Sorry I claim Chatters has an unfare advantage,(1) there are no hills in Essex. (2) for half of that mileage he was towing it behind his new mountain bike, (3) he probably had some of his tennents pushing it..I demand a re-run.. :yes:

:o :o The pheasants uprising....Never....

(1) there are no hills in Essex.

I live at the bottom of a hill... :yes: :yes: Have to travel down the M11 towards M25 (to park in the morning) then back up again later on...

Rubbish Chatman, the highest point in essex is Crishall Common 486ft above sea level, thats not a hill its a pimple.. :lol::lol:

Rubbish Chatman, the highest point in essex is Crishall Common 486ft above sea level, thats not a hill its a pimple.. :lol::lol:

Look a bit more around Chelmsford area... there's some biggish hills there...

Here's a MemoryMap graph taken from one of my ride routes I did at the weekend...Look at those hills.... :eek: :eek:

2008-09-24_083620.jpg

And also keeping on the topic :unsure::rolleyes: I hit the magical 60mpg on way into work this morning....35 mile journey...I know they read out and are not accurate, but hey who else can beat it...(think you petrol boys better look away now)

IMG00223.jpg

That looks like a HILLY route!! If you come to Devon, you must bring your mountain bike here - you'd love it!!

I am gonna have to try and beat that 60mpg figure even though I have a petrol - and I have a hidden weapon ... my OBD is Sooooo inaccurate, it will not be that hard :D

I am gonna have to try and beat that 60mpg figure even though I have a petrol

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Oh, now that is a challenge !!!!

:horse:

Hoovie,

I don't want to be appear discouraging but you could drive your car off the side of this mountain and still never get 60 mpg!

huashan-2.jpg

;)

PS...that's Huashan near Xian, China......a good walk up and a steady run back down to catch your coach back to Xian! :lol::lol:

I have a cunning plan - and it DOES NOT involve anything to do with photo manipulation :)

I am also relying on the fact that 60mpg average on my OBC is about 20mpg in real life (ok, not quite that bad)

Look a bit more around Chelmsford area... there's some biggish hills there...

I simply googled highest point in ESSEX. incidently the Hilton hotel in M/C is 23 storeys + on top there are 24 storeys of apartments 547ft which means our Flats are higher. than your hills :lol::lol:

Anyway I,m off the road next week, due to fears my cab may suddenly turn itself into a barbecue, so going up to Scotland for the week, going to get my scangauge set up and hope to get some realistic MPG figures, I have seen 60mpg on mine but OBC is hopelessly innacurate, to be fair my 4.2 was always spot on. :thumbsup::driving::blowup:

I saw some program about property developing the other night which talked about that Hilton+flats building. Apparently it is so tall it can be seen from Liverpool :eek: and the architect has the entire top floor and has a olive grove in there!!

on the Scangauge side, I found a few more X-Gauge settings and got a display that showed instant MPG, trip (as in since engine started) MPG, daily MPG and tank MPG.

Quite interesting to try and get all the numbers increasing (I have a sad life sometimes :crybaby: )

PS - anyone looked at the Auris "130%" thread? Not sure if this could apply to the RAV4.3, but it seems to be a way to calibrate the OBC?

Hey Mr Chatman, got any salt for that hat you need to be eating :D :D

IMAGE_098Small.jpg

now no one said there was a minimum distance that had to be travelled. This was my average MPG for about a mile ;)

I will do a 'proper' test .... M5 junction for Exeter to home (about 8 miles) on saturday and see what I get then B)

IMAGE_098Small.jpg

now no one said there was a minimum distance that had to be travelled. This was my average MPG for about a mile ;)

I will do a 'proper' test .... M5 junction for Exeter to home (about 8 miles) on saturday and see what I get then B)

WELL DONE HOOVIE :thumbsup: now if i could photo my scangauge, theres a certain throttle position where it shows 153 mpg or with my foot off9999mpg, i did that 2nd fill up thing today Hoovie it was only 42.9% out,So will see what that does also gone over to litres as its complicated converting when i fill up, did you say its possible to have an mpg gauge, even though i have changed to litres? cos i would prefer my current consumption in mpg :thumbsup:

WELL DONE HOOVIE :thumbsup: now if i could photo my scangauge, theres a certain throttle position where it shows 153 mpg or with my foot off9999mpg, i did that 2nd fill up thing today Hoovie it was only 42.9% out,So will see what that does also gone over to litres as its complicated converting when i fill up, did you say its possible to have an mpg gauge, even though i have changed to litres? cos i would prefer my current consumption in mpg :thumbsup:

Result, Stew!!

that 42.9% out is good, woudl you believe it!

It was working under US Gallons, you (I presume) converted the amount of litres into gallons and adjusted the scangauge shown consumption to match your gallon figure and hence got the 42.9% - is that correct?

If so, you effectively adjusted the scanguage from US Gallons (6 pints) to Imperial Gallons (8 Pints) - which if the info was spot on, would mean it thinks it is 33% inaccurate. I am guessing your OBC is about 10% out?

On the MPG gauge thing even when set to litres, when I said I set my gauges to MPG instant, MPG trip, etc, I was being lazy and should have said MPL :blush: sorry for misleading :(

It is tricky with the Miles per Litre as we are so used to thinking Miles per Gallon - I will have to do that little conversion card and I'll post it up

It was working under US Gallons, you (I presume) converted the amount of litres into gallons and adjusted the scangauge shown consumption to match your gallon figure and hence got the 42.9% - is that correct?

If so, you effectively adjusted the scanguage from US Gallons (6 pints) to Imperial Gallons (8 Pints) - which if the info was spot on, would mean it thinks it is 33% inaccurate. I am guessing your OBC is about 10% out?

Yes it won,t be very accurate, as i had only used 1/4 of a tank since my initial fill, I am off to Scotland on Sat, so i will fill up after about 300mls and re-jig it then, i will leave it in litres so i can be more accurate, then once i have checked it i may return to mpg again, also my speedo is about 4 mph fast compared to SG, and SG is out 2tenths of a mile in 10mls compared to my sat nav, :unsure::unsure: Its like those problems you used to get in school,How many apples does Tom have :D :D

PS there are some free liters to uk gallons tables on www.metric-conversions.org

I fancied doing a little credit-card sized conversion card as a handy reckoner in-car.

2/10ths of a mile in 10 miles? so that would be 0.2% then - pretty good :thumbsup: My speedo is probably out by about the same. be useful to check the Odometer against both Sat Nav and SG as well :)

The MPG info IS more user-friendly, but you you need to convert both litres in volume and cost of litres in pence to gallons each fillup - six of one, etc....

IMAGE_098Small.jpg

Fair-do's!! :thumbsup::lol::lol::lol::lol:

IMAGE_098Small.jpg

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

No one likes a smart ar** :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

Mine was over a distance of 35 miles....so only far to do the same......Nice try though....So try again then I'll be impressed.............

I think 35 miles could be pushing it (hmmm - now there is an idea :g: )

Best my OBC has genuinely shown (ie for a real journey) has been 46mpg I think :crybaby:

Best my OBC has genuinely shown (ie for a real journey) has been 46mpg I think :crybaby:

Must be a 35mile downhill stretch, somewhere between manchester + Perthshire, Hoovie i could tow you, or better still get on the back of an AA recovery and leave your engine ticking over :rolleyes:

Must be a 35mile downhill stretch, somewhere between manchester + Perthshire, Hoovie i could tow you, or better still get on the back of an AA recovery and leave your engine ticking over :rolleyes:

Hoovie, I'll let you into a little secret :unsure: :unsure: Use one of these: SickRAV.jpg

Then again mine had the dreaded DMF + Clutch disintegrate so the MPG that week was brilliant :lol: :lol:

Hoovie, I'll let you into a little secret :unsure: :unsure: Use one of these: SickRAV.jpg

Then again mine had the dreaded DMF + Clutch disintegrate so the MPG that week was brilliant :lol: :lol:

WOW is that your drive Chatman? very impressive, Mines a similar length, but i have to share it with 142 other houses, :lol:

WOW is that your drive Chatman? very impressive, Mines a similar length, but i have to share it with 142 other houses, :lol:

Only have Farm across road....then next nearest neighbour is 1/2 mile away.......

This is what happens to the lane when it rains sometimes.... IMG00019.jpg

This is early morning rush hour... DSCF0631.jpg

And..... DSCF0630.jpg

Soon to be covered in.... DSCF0006-1.jpg

And area for TOC RAV meet to camp out in....Just don't look in the concrete pit in the middle :unsure: :unsure: :sick:

DSCF0005.jpg

There's even (just found out :huh: :huh: ) a 4x4 course 2 miles from me to test your wheel spin....Mostly LR I see all fitted with snorkels and major high lift kits and suspension...May take the bike there and show them some serious suspension travel....My Hydraulic Disk brakes get no fade in the wet... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just don't look in the concrete pit in the middle :unsure: :unsure: :sick:

DSCF0005.jpg

That Austrian guy had a concrete pit in his back garden, he didn't want anybody looking in it either.. :mad2::naughty::g:

Chatman lures the broken-down landrover drivers there. "come on down ....."

Only trouble is, it got filled up in a week

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

_|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|

:gora:..................... :giljotiini:............ :chair:

_|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links