Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carpet For Corolla?

mollycorolla

right i was looking to replace the carpet in my 98 e11 corolla as its worn down and tatty looking. theres a website i was looking at that'll post one to me (that fits my car exactly) from america for 135 euros including delivery. just wondering had anybody any tips on replacing carpet or could i get carpet any cheaper??? thanks!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mollycorolla

• Norfolk n Chance

• toyota-gt-irl

• -T- Sport

do you have a 3 door or 5 door?

its a 3 door. the carpet i was looking at was for a 5 door but i just figured there wouldnt be that much of a difference between them.

its a 3 door. the carpet i was looking at was for a 5 door but i just figured there wouldnt be that much of a difference between them.

Got a link to the firms site?

if you order let me know how it goes - if the quality is right my GXi could do with some new carpet.

if you order let me know how it goes - if the quality is right my GXi could do with some new carpet.

heres the link. http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCarpet.a...amp;ModelId=406

im hoping to order the purple neon colour. they sent me out a free sample from the states and all. seems really good quality! ill surely let ya know how i get on if i order it and fit it. ill post up pics too. :D

I dont think the carpat out of a 5 dr would fit into a 3 dr......the one for the 5dr wouldnt fit properly around the door area, the 3dr hatch has longer driver and passenger doors than the front drs in a 5dr corolla...........

id check out scrapyards for a second hand one out of a crashed car.....i reckon you would get one in good order from there no bother..

im hoping to order the purple neon colour. they sent me out a free sample from the states and all. seems really good quality! ill surely let ya know how i get on if i order it and fit it. ill post up pics too. :D

thanks for the link. i was looking at getting black to go with me mats and darken the floor area - different goals and all. neon purple - sounds good, do you have the purpley colour corolla?

thanks for the link. i was looking at getting black to go with me mats and darken the floor area - different goals and all. neon purple - sounds good, do you have the purpley colour corolla?

yea thats me :D i was thinking of getting black at first but then i got black car seat covers and mats so i said the purple would be nicer.

I dont think the carpat out of a 5 dr would fit into a 3 dr......the one for the 5dr wouldnt fit properly around the door area, the 3dr hatch has longer driver and passenger doors than the front drs in a 5dr corolla...........

id check out scrapyards for a second hand one out of a crashed car.....i reckon you would get one in good order from there no bother..

oh right i just figured that the 3 door would only be a bit smaller... i rang toyota to get one off them and they said it would beabout 300 euros. so i was like eh no thanks!! i dont want ordinary carpet, thats too boring :D

oh right i just figured that the 3 door would only be a bit smaller... i rang toyota to get one off them and they said it would beabout 300 euros. so i was like eh no thanks!! i dont want ordinary carpet, thats too boring :D

As stated.. the carpet wont fit very well at all after the front seats, maybe even the mounting of the front seats could be positioned in a different place, you have to remember that the carpet normally comes with all the holes and the bends in the right place already, so it would look very odd if you bought the wrong one

Just for your information :)

ahh right thanks. i might just email the company and see what they say, and if it comes with holes and stuff. i dont think its shaped to fit the car. i just think it is cut to fit the car, if ya get me? i know its actually cut a few inches extra around the edges incase ya make a mistake.

alright so ye were right. the company dont do carpet for the hatchback model. but they do carpet by the yard, 76 inches by 36 inches. just wondering does anyone know how hard would it be to cut and fit this as im planning on having a shot at it myself. :wacko::wacko::wacko::blink::blink::blink:

alright so ye were right. the company dont do carpet for the hatchback model. but they do carpet by the yard, 76 inches by 36 inches. just wondering does anyone know how hard would it be to cut and fit this as im planning on having a shot at it myself. :wacko::wacko::wacko::blink::blink::blink:

i think it would be arkward and a bit frustrating with one pair of hands - especially on a warm day. would suggest trying to remove the old one (template) and see how you get on trying to remove the trim. if you have a 3 door the rear quaters are difficult - a womens touch would probably be less damaging than my ham fisted approach, i know where the clips are now! certainly worth a go yourself but you could source the carpet more locally and probably a lot cheaper than shipping from the states. i dont know how you would get the carpet to stay in shape - steamer maybe needed, thats what they use to shape leather but aint sure. good luck

i think it would be arkward and a bit frustrating with one pair of hands - especially on a warm day. would suggest trying to remove the old one (template) and see how you get on trying to remove the trim. if you have a 3 door the rear quaters are difficult - a womens touch would probably be less damaging than my ham fisted approach, i know where the clips are now! certainly worth a go yourself but you could source the carpet more locally and probably a lot cheaper than shipping from the states. i dont know how you would get the carpet to stay in shape - steamer maybe needed, thats what they use to shape leather but aint sure. good luck

i think i'll need it!! but sure its something to do over the summer!! seriously cant find anywhere local that does purple car carpet. itll only be 44 euros for the carpet and 76 euros for shipping. i'll post up pics once i have it done. might be next year by the time its done but better late than never :D

i think i'll need it!! but sure its something to do over the summer!! seriously cant find anywhere local that does purple car carpet. itll only be 44 euros for the carpet and 76 euros for shipping. i'll post up pics once i have it done. might be next year by the time its done but better late than never :D

Your best bet would be to look up the yellow pages for an upholsterer in you area who will make you a new carpet from a template of your old one, with all the right bends and shapes in it.. Try Clonard Upholstery, i think they're in Dublin, you'll be able to pick out exactly what colour and style carpet you want.....

Your best bet would be to look up the yellow pages for an upholsterer in you area who will make you a new carpet from a template of your old one, with all the right bends and shapes in it.. Try Clonard Upholstery, i think they're in Dublin, you'll be able to pick out exactly what colour and style carpet you want.....

thats great, thanks a million, ill give them a ring tomorrow :D (just tried to view their website but its under construction :ffs: )

well i rang them and they only do vintage and old cars. said my car was "a new car". ha! he said that he'd just end up getting carpet off toyota for my car which would pointless. so anyone think i should be crazy and do the car myself :D

well i rang them and they only do vintage and old cars. said my car was "a new car". ha! he said that he'd just end up getting carpet off toyota for my car which would pointless. so anyone think i should be crazy and do the car myself :D

It'd be an awful lot harder than it sounds to buy and fit a carpet yourself... the underside of the factory fitted carpet also has a light laminate coating on it to act as insulation against dampness and road noise, and it also is bent to shape to fit the seat anchors and curvature of the floor, so I reckon it would be a ba***rd of a job trying to fit a new non toyota carpet to it... Maybe you could dye the one thats in the car already, might be worth lookin into gettin a wheelbarrow load of purple dye! :D

ha ha its not the colour thats bothering me too much, its the huge holes in it! not even the mats cover them all. ahh im sure someone would give me a hand with it. :D dont be so pessimistic!!

ha ha its not the colour thats bothering me too much, its the huge holes in it! not even the mats cover them all. ahh im sure someone would give me a hand with it. :D dont be so pessimistic!!

Your best bet would be to get one out of a crashed car so i'd say.. I'll be talkin to a few fellas at the weekend so i'll see if there's anything available up here in cork if you want.. is your carpet the dark grey or the light beige-y one??? Ah all us Cork people are mighty helpful!

its a light grey. if ya can find a black one that'd be nice. but really im looking for purple :( sure if you're really helpful you'd get your backside up to wexford and give me a hand!!

its a light grey. if ya can find a black one that'd be nice. but really im looking for purple :( sure if you're really helpful you'd get your backside up to wexford and give me a hand!!

Maybe if you got a light grey carpet you get get a few cans of purple spray paint and spray the carpet, it does work if you apply the paint lightly and give it about four or five coats, i done it with a set of mats before and it was spot on! B)

Maybe if you got a light grey carpet you get get a few cans of purple spray paint and spray the carpet, it does work if you apply the paint lightly and give it about four or five coats, i done it with a set of mats before and it was spot on! B)

are you serious??? ha ha!! thats crazy...

It does work :P

Also handy for painting parcel shelves that are a different colour to your interior!

ahh now if i tried that id make a balls of it!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links