Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where's The T Sport Forum?

butterman

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norfolk n Chance

• ae102

• Boro Sera

• Demonic Angel

The forums were like this for years before the T-Sport forums were introduced and worked perfectly fine. There is life beyond a sub-forum ;)

There is no need for people to be dramatic about it and leave.... posts are still there, you just have to mingle with the "common people" now.... :lol:

Feedback regarding the implementation of these changes has been noted and any future changes, members will be informed of beforehand and feedback asked for before changes are done - its a lesson learnt at the end of the day. :thumbsup:

i read that people have been asking to get rid of the sub forums, i dont see why anyone would want to do this :S

why would the non sub forum ppl want even more info put back into their forum and make it harder for themselves to keep up with all the info ?

to be honest this is a step backwards ! i thaught your meant to make changes to push the forum forwards ?

The forums were like this for years before the T-Sport forums were introduced and worked perfectly fine. There is life beyond a sub-forum ;)

There is no need for people to be dramatic about it and leave.... posts are still there, you just have to mingle with the "common people" now.... :lol:

Feedback regarding the implementation of these changes has been noted and any future changes, members will be informed of beforehand and feedback asked for before changes are done - its a lesson learnt at the end of the day. :thumbsup:

I really think it just shows how the mods and the management are out of touch with the real members on the boards !!

they cannot seem to grasp that these people are enthusiasts .

The verso forum I believe is going to be reinstated but only because it was put in the totally wrong forum

Why no discussion or advance warning was not given just smacks of arrogance to me

Why was it a good idea when the sub forums were created !! and now its a bad idea !!! the uproar is nothing at all to do with people not liking change !! it just made the forums a lot better for the many enthusiasts that visit this site

Are Mods & Management not members too then? :unsure:

I've been on here for 4 1/2 years and know a fair bit about the people and the way TOC works, don't presume just because I have a Badge that says "Moderator" on it that I don't know about the club and about being an enthusiast.... it's not "you" and "us" - all Mods are, are Members who try and keep the peace, get berated, with no financial reward and little respect for what we actually do... we don't moan about how we get treated, we just get on with it!

Things happen in life that are not to everyones pleasing, the trick is how you deal with it. Do you moan and have a go about it or do you take life as it comes with the ups and the downs with a smile on your face?

Luckily with this, you have an opportunity to voice your opinions, which are received with thanks so long as they are constructive. The removal of Verso was an error which is being rectified.

As I said, lesson learnt in that respect. No one anticipated the strength of feeling by T-Sport owners, especially in Corolla as it seems you guys have taken it harder than Yaris & Celica have.

We can all continue to go round and round in circles or we can move forward - I suggest the latter. :)

"Lessons learnt", "move forward" etc etc, or you can listen to what people are asking you to do now and change it back. Nothing's irreversible, and there are 3 pges of people wanting to go back to a "previously" winning formula.

"Lessons learnt", "move forward" etc etc, or you can listen to what people are asking you to do now and change it back. Nothing's irreversible, and there are 3 pges of people wanting to go back to a "previously" winning formula.

Or you can listen and realise its nothing to do with me? I'm a Moderator, it's Managements decision! :unsure:

I really think it just shows how the mods and the management are out of touch with the real members on the boards !!

Why was it a good idea when the sub forums were created !! and now its a bad idea !!! the uproar is nothing at all to do with people not liking change !! it just made the forums a lot better for the many enthusiasts that visit this site

Ok.. 1st of all.. the MODERATING team are REAL MEMBERS, just like you.. we are also car enthusiasts, again.. just like you. We all started out on these boards with a post count of 0, we have spent many years reading and posting here, then one day.. out of the blue (at least it was for me) we get a PM asking if we would like to contribute a little more time to help the club forums by moderating them. We then find ourselves reading more of the forums than we ever did, we spend a lot more time viewing and reading posts than we ever did, the moderating team probably spend more time here than the average user... so to say we are out of touch with the real members on the boards just isn't true.

2nd.. Why was it a good idea when the sub forums created?.. Well.. it didn't seem that way to us at the time, judging by the responses of members at the time who felt that it had divided the boards and seperated the membership thus making the local meets less populated because people felt their car wasn't good enough... we still get the odd PM from members asking if they can attend because they "ONLY DRIVE A *INSERT MAKE AND MODEL HERE* WHICH ISN'T MODIFIED"... so lets wait and see what the compromise/new look/new style will be and give it a chance, sometimes change can be good, somtimes it can be detrimental, all we can do is be patient.

Ok.. 1st of all.. the MODERATING team are REAL MEMBERS, just like you.. we are also car enthusiasts, again.. just like you. We all started out on these boards with a post count of 0, we have spent many years reading and posting here, then one day.. out of the blue (at least it was for me) we get a PM asking if we would like to contribute a little more time to help the club forums by moderating them. We then find ourselves reading more of the forums than we ever did, we spend a lot more time viewing and reading posts than we ever did, the moderating team probably spend more time here than the average user... so to say we are out of touch with the real members on the boards just isn't true.

2nd.. Why was it a good idea when the sub forums created?.. Well.. it didn't seem that way to us at the time, judging by the responses of members at the time who felt that it had divided the boards and seperated the membership thus making the local meets less populated because people felt their car wasn't good enough... we still get the odd PM from members asking if they can attend because they "ONLY DRIVE A *INSERT MAKE AND MODEL HERE* WHICH ISN'T MODIFIED"... so lets wait and see what the compromise/new look/new style will be and give it a chance, sometimes change can be good, somtimes it can be detrimental, all we can do is be patient.

I think my comments have been a bit hard as I agree it is a thankless job and we should be very grateful to you all for the time and trouble you take to make the forums run smoothly !! and yes I would call you enthusiasts spending so much time on the forums

You will be pleased to know that this is my last post on this subject

I think :D

Thank you for your understanding.. it's appreciated :)

It seems that the damage is done tho :(

A few T Sport owners have already left the site for other model specific ones.

Knowing where they have gone i'm sure i'd be able to get them back if the sub forum was re-instated :thumbsup:

well i'm stayin here, as has been very useful, yes the t sport sub forum was good, but a request to split the corolla section in to different marks has been made an this would be such a better idea, cos some of the subjects refering to the t sport refer to the whole E12 range an vice versa, an i'm sure everyone would agree that would be better an more helpful.

well i'm stayin here, as has been very useful, yes the t sport sub forum was good, but a request to split the corolla section in to different marks has been made an this would be such a better idea, cos some of the subjects refering to the t sport refer to the whole E12 range an vice versa, an i'm sure everyone would agree that would be better an more helpful.

most of us use to look/post in the corolla section anyway? i cant see them now spliiting into more sections - they have reduced the amount of sections for a reason? most posts in the t sport section werent specific and other rolla owners would post in and offer there help or experiences. i wouldnt mind but them that are complaining the most arent even supporting members - us that pay a subscription have the right to be aggrieved as what we paid for has gone. i use to look on the ts forum and most of the posts were duplicates of what was on here and less people posting in the threads. if the other forum was so well supported why did captainoats have to post on here to get there meet numbers up? only the clique have gone and who needs ebc pads recommended :lol:

i will add in there defence that the responses they got from mod boro sera were out of order and certainly helped some peeps make there minds up to go? i wonder if they change there mind if people asked for ther money back?

most of us use to look/post in the corolla section anyway? i cant see them now spliiting into more sections - they have reduced the amount of sections for a reason? most posts in the t sport section werent specific and other rolla owners would post in and offer there help or experiences. i wouldnt mind but them that are complaining the most arent even supporting members - us that pay a subscription have the right to be aggrieved as what we paid for has gone. i use to look on the ts forum and most of the posts were duplicates of what was on here and less people posting in the threads. if the other forum was so well supported why did captainoats have to post on here to get there meet numbers up? only the clique have gone and who needs ebc pads recommended :lol:

i will add in there defence that the responses they got from mod boro sera were out of order and certainly helped some peeps make there minds up to go? i wonder if they change there mind if people asked for ther money back?

Supporting members or not everyone has the right to complain.

Many members, myself included, have been asking for the return of Gold Member status, the last thing you want to do is purchase a subscription and then have to pay out again to upgrade it.

I concede that some of the posts were generic to non T Sport models but there are questions asked all over the site that are generic to all Toyota models not just the particular models forum they are asked in and you don't see the removal of all forums and everybody being lumped together.

In Boro Sera's defence i've met him a few times and know him to be a decent bloke (ish! :lol:) and with the barrage of criticism that followed the removal of the sub forums (with the exception of the MR2 sub forum which remains????) i can understand even the most patient of people getting pee'd off with being blamed for a change which they did not do!

:thumbsup:

Supporting members or not everyone has the right to complain.

Many members, myself included, have been asking for the return of Gold Member status, the last thing you want to do is purchase a subscription and then have to pay out again to upgrade it.

I concede that some of the posts were generic to non T Sport models but there are questions asked all over the site that are generic to all Toyota models not just the particular models forum they are asked in and you don't see the removal of all forums and everybody being lumped together.

In Boro Sera's defence i've met him a few times and know him to be a decent bloke (ish! :lol:) and with the barrage of criticism that followed the removal of the sub forums (with the exception of the MR2 sub forum which remains????) i can understand even the most patient of people getting pee'd off with being blamed for a change which they did not do!

:thumbsup:

its a man! sounded b1tchy to me.

Well i can't say i've ever fully checked but he's either a bloke or a very manly woman!! :lol:

i will add in there defence that the responses they got from mod boro sera were out of order and certainly helped some peeps make there minds up to go?

Feel free to elaborate this random statement

A lot of people are getting their knickers in a twist about this whole situation.

I have a Corolla Executive GL Lift back. Vintage 1991. It is so rarely mentioned in Corolla forum that this post appeared Anyone Else Have The Same Model Corolla? A few of us have & a few had. All praised it.

I started a poll in Classic to see if it would fit in there. I think that there are 6 votes "Yes" & 3 "No" 4 yes's got mysteriously lost , but the total is 9.

In other words my car is irrelevant, It doesn't have a subsection or even get many mentions in the main Forum.

Am I bovvered ? NO !!!!!!!!!

Having checked my mail box, the next place I head for is TOC & stay there for far to long, depending on who is logged in for a bit of craic & banter.

I have been a member for over 4 years & hope to remain so for much longer.

Everything passes with time, & this keffuffle will too :thumbsup:

Man, i dont mean to disrespect you but if your car had its own sub section it would be the loneliest sub section on this forum, its not a dig, its that you car is so rare, i cant remember the last time i saw one, i think the boy racers in Ireland killed them off .

In my opinion this does not apply to the corolla t sport, which does currently have a strong following,on here anyway . Same with the yaris, less so with the celica, that was very quite.

The old corolla section was never as lively as the t sport section. Again i think that has something to do with the type of person who buys the ordinary bog standard corolla, the 02-07. You hear from him only when he has a problem and dont really hear back till he has another, with some exceptions, this is less the case in the t sport section. We got more opinions/what do you think/should i sort of threads as well as my cars making a funny noise. More of a community, your could relate to people much more easily because you had the same car in common.

The argument has been put that ahh sure they are all corollas. Yea it the same shape, same dash and sometimes the same switches, but when something serious breaks,

is it the same then? If i go out and start my car in the morning and i hear a noise that i havnt heard before and i post it here, someone with a 1.4 or 1.6 may reply telling me on his car it was such and such, if im being honest is p*ss all good to me. Its not that im ungratefully, its just that the info he/she has provided relates to a different engine . Its a different engine, gearbox, clutch flywheel driveshaft cams etc, they may as well tell me they have the same noise on their vectra.

May be i can give a better example. Iv a 1.6 mondeo back in Ireland, the 1.8 and the 2.0 are virtually the same. If you can work on one, you can work on them all. But if someone asked me about the ST200, 2.5 V6, rite now i wouldn't know where the dipstick is. I could probably guess. And I'm sure the man that owns a 1.4 or 1.6 corolla could guess also, but what your getting is a guess and nothing more!!!

The forum was taken away and you know what it gone now, flip all i can do about it. What i feel this club has done is make its "members" feel more like guests

They were given no say in the change, if they were asked or even informed maybe....

But hey management know what's best for us.

Its been said also, you know you havn't paid to be a member, well hey, i havn't paid for ITV either, something tells me iv paid for it another way. If it was just paid members it would be a very small club, the info that could be gleaned from it would not be worth the fee

i cant say im shocked , always found TOC a weird place tbh , gave it a chance to grow on me but never found wecome if that makes sense ,

didnt really get the whole membership thing and a few members seemed up their own ***** , ae102 to name one , very condescending in his posts towards people and in whole ( tho i only posted in corolla t sport section) i found very little real info and help on the whole site , also noted how forum titles changed to draw google searches from another well known site .

its as if toyota ownership is a whole is under represented as a whole across the www. as i have found plentiful information on previous marques i have owned .

tbh , i find the english thick :D and this feeling is wide spread across NI

good evening

stephen

good evening

stephen

If you are suggesting that grammar and spelling in posts generally isn't what it might be then I am inclined to agree with you (but remember that some members are not UK based and English clearly isn't their first language). Otherwise, I find your comment very offensive and ill considered :angry: and if you are intending to move elsewhere that isn't going to be much of a loss.

i cant say im shocked , always found TOC a weird place tbh , gave it a chance to grow on me but never found wecome if that makes sense ,

didnt really get the whole membership thing and a few members seemed up their own ***** , ae102 to name one , very condescending in his posts towards people and in whole ( tho i only posted in corolla t sport section) i found very little real info and help on the whole site , also noted how forum titles changed to draw google searches from another well known site .

its as if toyota ownership is a whole is under represented as a whole across the www. as i have found plentiful information on previous marques i have owned .

good evening

stephen

up my own *****? just got sick of the peeps who dont know what there talking about on here - you are one. that's why the attitudes changed. as for the english being thick probably right but i aint english! the micks aint known for their intelligence so i wouldnt have used that as a point. to be sure :lol:

mod - mistooks :lol: even a half chat like me could spell that!!!

ps. i remember the lift bolts looking too complicated to change - now that is thick.

good evening

stephen

up my own *****? just got sick of the peeps who dont know what there talking about on here - you are one. that's why the attitudes changed. as for the english being thick probably right but i aint english! the micks aint known for their intelligence so i wouldnt have used that as a point. to be sure :lol:

mod - mistooks :lol: even a half chat like me could spell that!!!

ps. i remember the lift bolts looking too complicated to change - now that is thick.

I agree with Stoney, you consistently come across as a bit of an *****...

From what I remember from the original post Stoney said that he wouldnt fancy changing them...that doesnt mean he couldnt do them, just that he wouldnt fancy doing it himself..and i dont blame him, i'm sure there are lots of mechanics that wouldnt fancy tackling it.

But sure, it would be easy to a 'know all' like yourself.

I find most other forum members friendly and helpful though.

This thread is rapidly going "OFF TOPIC" and getting rather personal.

Please try to remain on topic and play nicely otherwise the "toaster" will be plugged in and used ;)

(quote from stoneyfordni)

(quote)

fair enough to give stick to someone who givin you stick but think your way out of line with that comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links