Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Non-toyota Tpms

Hoovie

OK dumb or even obvious question time.

I've heard of the sensors before and it's really interesting to read about how they might work. here come the questions.

I've always understood that when tyres are changed the valve should be changed.

Are these fitted instead of conventional valves?

If so what happens when you replace a tyre if valves should be traditionally be replaced at the same time? I was always told this was a safety feature in terms of valves. :unsure:

On the TyreSure system - and probably on the others, the sensor and the valve are actually seperate items, so if a tyre is replaced/repaired, then a new valve should be used - which needs to be sourced from a TyreSure TPMS distributor (which could mean a delay) but the sensor itself is reused

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hoovie

• three5

• Fujisan

• shcm

Top Posters In This Topic

OK dumb or even obvious question time.

I've heard of the sensors before and it's really interesting to read about how they might work. here come the questions.

I've always understood that when tyres are changed the valve should be changed.

Are these fitted instead of conventional valves?

If so what happens when you replace a tyre if valves should be traditionally be replaced at the same time? I was always told this was a safety feature in terms of valves. :unsure:

On the TyreSure system - and probably on the others, the sensor and the valve are actually seperate items, so if a tyre is replaced/repaired, then a new valve should be used - which needs to be sourced from a TyreSure TPMS distributor (which could mean a delay) but the sensor itself is reused

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :thumbsup: So would it not make sense to keep a a couple of spare valves so there would be no delay

Oh please

stop it.

I'm in agony laughing!

You cannot be serious!

You spend so much time looking at the controls info, that you forget to change to 2nd gear!! My faither does that, but he's almost 90 and has an excuse :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :thumbsup: So would it not make sense to keep a a couple of spare valves so there would be no delay

Something I did consider - have to weigh up cost of valves against chance of puncture and then decided couldn't be ársed to order a spare one or two to be blunt :D

You spend so much time looking at the controls info, that you forget to change to 2nd gear!! My faither does that, but he's almost 90 and has an excuse :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That is why there is an audible warning - no need to look at display unless warning buzzer sounds, then the display provides information to problem - perfect!

You spend so much time looking at the controls info, that you forget to change to 2nd gear!! My faither does that, but he's almost 90 and has an excuse :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That is why there is an audible warning - no need to look at display unless warning buzzer sounds, then the display provides information to problem - perfect!

Are we back to the cat under the bonnet here? :yes:

not for tyres :no:

For the tyres, we will have small domestic mice, as they can be easily trained to go round in wheels.

when we have a low tyre pressure situation, there will be less gap between tyre and wheel well, so the aforesaid rodent will bang its little head frequently.

Ow...ow....ow....ow....ow.... "Ah" says driver, "I have a Tiny Pet Mouse Shouting [hence TPMS system]. I better see what has happened"

Obviousy, the mice will need to be fitted with tiny microphones so the display can relay the 'ows' - and the batteries in those have a limited lifetime - hence this oft-quoted 5 year Battery life that is quoted often.

not for tyres :no:

For the tyres, we will have small domestic mice, as they can be easily trained to go round in wheels.

when we have a low tyre pressure situation, there will be less gap between tyre and wheel well, so the aforesaid rodent will bang its little head frequently.

Ow...ow....ow....ow....ow.... "Ah" says driver, "I have a Tiny Pet Mouse Shouting [hence TPMS system]. I better see what has happened"

Obviousy, the mice will need to be fitted with tiny microphones so the display can relay the 'ows' - and the batteries in those have a limited lifetime - hence this oft-quoted 5 year battery life that is quoted often.

Hickory dickory dock

two mice ran up the clock

The clock struck one

and the other was later found in a RAV tyre :thumbsup::yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links