Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Went Off Roading Today.......

chatman

Chatters- those saddles are more shaped for the larger Women rear end

Oh dear, havnt you learned anything from the book of wrong things to say chatters?

You might as well said she has a fat rrr's :lol:

(Only joking missus LH :wacko: )

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chatman

• anchorman

• local hero

• Parts-King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it had to happen :o :o :o day lights getting shorter, wind and rain making more of an appearance now.... cold days are almost here.....

And I've brought a new mountain bike....Well ordered it..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: it's a Marin Hawk Hill.....and for all your engineers it has a 6061 Aluminum, Double Butted Hydro-Edge Top and Down Tubes.... :yes: :yes:

I have a brilliant 20 mile ride around my local area...so when it arrives I may do the route twice...... :lol: :lol:

10HH.png

Double Butted

You sure that's not the seat :unsure:

Na that's normally Double Nutted :wacko: :wacko:

Slightly off topic but here's my favourite MTB bike carrier for the RAV... you don't want to actually ride your bike anywhere .. B)

The Paddy Hopkirk Quickball or one of its clones is brilliant, light, cheap and strong and mounts very fast on a towball. Takes about 60 seconds to assemble and mount your bike, and stick a number plate on the back. I have one and its brilliant (and I don't work for them FWIW). My RAV is a 4.3 with a wheel on the back and its no bother to whip this on and off as required and stash it in the boot. I think I got mine for 20 quid as its usually discounted heavily... a really neat design.

1254740791623-1u7uo32uwaral-399-75.jpg

Well it had to happen :o :o :o day lights getting shorter, wind and rain making more of an appearance now.... cold days are almost here.....

And I've brought a new mountain bike....Well ordered it..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: it's a Marin Hawk Hill.....and for all your engineers it has a 6061 Aluminum, Double Butted Hydro-Edge Top and Down Tubes.... :yes: :yes:

I have a brilliant 20 mile ride around my local area...so when it arrives I may do the route twice...... :lol: :lol:

10HH.png

So what does this do that your other one didn't? or does it do it better? Its STILL not got a proper saddle :unsure: And who is Marion? is she the local bike? :D

Slightly off topic but here's my favourite MTB bike carrier for the RAV... you don't want to actually ride your bike anywhere .. B)

The Paddy Hopkirk Quickball or one of its clones is brilliant, light, cheap and strong and mounts very fast on a towball. Takes about 60 seconds to assemble and mount your bike, and stick a number plate on the back. I have one and its brilliant (and I don't work for them FWIW). My RAV is a 4.3 with a wheel on the back and its no bother to whip this on and off as required and stash it in the boot. I think I got mine for 20 quid as its usually discounted heavily... a really neat design.

1254740791623-1u7uo32uwaral-399-75.jpg

Where did you get it from tell me tell me :o :o :o

Oh and LocalH....It has a lighter frame, better brakes and upgraded gears.....to put it into perspective.... I would say like going from my RAV VX to a RAV 4.3 Model XTR..... and the saddle is actually very comfy...

Ive got a Marin "Indian Fire trail" had a Muirwoods, East Peak and Mount Vision previously, great bikes.

When you said been off road thought you meant in the Rav.

Heres mine on the Wayfarer (A green lane up here in North Wales, goes over the mountains, stunning scenery)

rav4wayfarer.jpg

PHOT0050.jpg

PHOT0051.jpg

PHOT0054.jpg

RM.

Nice pics rm. No mud for me though!!!

Hey Chatters, where's the engine on that thing? If I didn't know any better I'd say it needs pedaling to make it go. Isn't that hard work compared to driving?

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Chatters, where's the engine on that thing? If I didn't know any better I'd say it needs pedaling to make it go. Isn't that hard work compared to driving?

Picked up the new bike today.....

IMAGE_397.jpg

Added to my collection...now I have a winter and summer bike.... :lol: :lol: :lol: and yep anchorman...no engines in either... ;)

IMAGE_404.jpg

Oh and I do a nice range in spare RAV tyre swing seats..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My old Raliegh would knock spots off that chatters and it has far more reliable rod brakes and a proper sturmey archer 3 speed box which keeps the mud out when I'm dirt trailing. Mind you I probably paid twice as much for it though, I think it was about £20 from memory.

My old Raliegh would knock spots off that chatters and it has far more reliable rod brakes and a proper sturmey archer 3 speed box which keeps the mud out when I'm dirt trailing. Mind you I probably paid twice as much for it though, I think it was about £20 from memory.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Both my bikes use Hydraulic Disk Brakes... and have no fade in water or damp conditions...so still hurtle through the puddles and stop dead if need be....be-it over the handle bars..... :eek: :eek: the newer one has more gears than a mountain goat can shake a stick at....the rate the fuel prices keep going up...I may be using them more often now.... ;) ;)

I thought your era for bikes would have been the penny farthing.... and those fixed wheel wooden types.... :unsure: :unsure:

PennyFarthing.jpg

woodenbike_shandong.jpg

I still lust after one of these though..... :drool: :drool:

choppermk2.jpg

But because of health and safety and the chance of loosing your crown jewels :wacko: :wacko: ....they make them but without the 3 speed shifter in the middle....and also without the back pedal brakes.......me and my mates used to see who could get the longest skid down our road.....the one with broken front teeth and grassed arm won....then again so did the lamp post :P :P :lol: :lol:

6911.jpg

Be gentle Chatters. It's just too much to take at the moment. Test driving fancy new RAVs AND pictures of chopper bikes. :crybaby:

I had one like that - same colour. I don't have a photo as cameras weren't invented or at least if they were it would be black and white.

Is it me or am I the only one who is absolutely sick of do gooders interfering in absolutely everything? If I want to mangle my crown jewels on the gearstick that is up to me not some interfering cretin from Brussels FFS. They'll be stopping us getting out of bed next. And does anybody know how to train an octopus how to press all the chuffing buttons and catches on my hedge trimmer that are there to make sure I really do want it on. The next thing they will be banned and you will only be able to get a fully certified tree surgion with a masters degree in buttons and catches and only then if the hedge is removed to an enclosed chamber with noise proofing and filtered air to stop anybody within 50 miles from being traumatised by it.

If ever I come across a second hand Chopper bike I am going to mount live uninsululated 5Mw with broken glass and razor wire encrusted gear knob 1mm away from my crown jewels and ride it up and down the concourse of the silly department in Brussels - no hands and blindfolded.

Safety reasons indeed. Where is my pink pear cider?, I need a drink.

I had one like that - same colour. I don't have a photo as cameras weren't invented or at least if they were it would be black and white.

Is it me or am I the only one who is absolutely sick of do gooders interfering in absolutely everything? If I want to mangle my crown jewels on the gearstick that is up to me not some interfering cretin from Brussels FFS. They'll be stopping us getting out of bed next. And does anybody know how to train an octopus how to press all the chuffing buttons and catches on my hedge trimmer that are there to make sure I really do want it on. The next thing they will be banned and you will only be able to get a fully certified tree surgion with a masters degree in buttons and catches and only then if the hedge is removed to an enclosed chamber with noise proofing and filtered air to stop anybody within 50 miles from being traumatised by it.

If ever I come across a second hand Chopper bike I am going to mount live uninsululated 5Mw with broken glass and razor wire encrusted gear knob 1mm away from my crown jewels and ride it up and down the concourse of the silly department in Brussels - no hands and blindfolded.

Safety reasons indeed. Where is my pink pear cider?, I need a drink.

I'm sure there's a name for that, :g::g: I think it's called S & M :lol::lol:

PS, do you have much leather gear in your wardrobe ???

I was a bit too old for a Raleigh Chopper..(theres loads on fleabay) my early bikes were A wheel from here A frame from there A pair of cowhorns (handlebars) from somewhere else, a chain with about 7 splitlinks in, A 7 shaped seat stem turned backwards so it was low + mean, Fixed chain sprocket, generally no brakes, + 8 of us slept in a shoe box int middle of road, LUXURY we dreamed of a shoe box, we worked 8days a week 27hrs aday

for thruppence a fortnight, + when me dad came home e would thrash us to sleep wi is belt, Choppers were what we used to cut wood for "T" stove Etc Etc..Sorry :oops::offtopic:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RAV4 Section....top of the class for banter and taking topics way way :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

I love you guy's............... :D :D :D :newyear: :newyear: :newyear: :newyear:

I should've known that "off roading" in the Rav section wouldn't be what i thought it was....

I was expecting a load of pics of Rav's mounting the kerbs ;)

Although i was shocked at rav man's pic!! He actually did go off roading!!

:lol:

I should've known that "off roading" in the Rav section wouldn't be what i thought it was....

So do some don't....

You see mine off roading and Anchorman's.... we where both at JAE2009....... ;) ;) ;)

DSCF3113.jpg

That was a steep hill..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: all those lowered cars grinding there exhausts, where as we just cruised over......

So do some don't....

You see mine off roading and Anchorman's.... we where both at JAE2009....... ;) ;) ;)

I thought that was just the drink making me see things! :lol:

Aye you can see what an easy life Local Hero had when he was a kid Gaz. Some of us weren't so lucky..................

Scoff all you want Gaz because we know the truth. You're a closet Raver. :lol::lol:

.......back on "off topic" :wacko:........

The Raleigh Choppers Owners Club:

http://www.rcoc.co.uk/

rcoc? Is that the noise you make when you slip off the saddle (Arrrrrrrrrrrr(gh) Coc(k)) :unsure:

Searching for "Chopper" and looking at sites like "choppertrader.com" at my desk, I'm expecting the works internet police here any second.

Scoff all you want Gaz because we know the truth. You're a closet Raver. :lol::lol:

Shhh!! :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links