Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hid Kits

ujamil

Hi there, anyone have xenon lights installed with a HID kit? Is it easy to connect yourself? Anyone know a place in South London where I can get them fitted? Any other info on them?

Thanks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Speed_Chaser

• ujamil

• wastedagen

• Auris 1.6 vvt-i

Hi there, anyone have Xenon lights installed with a HID kit? Is it easy to connect yourself? Anyone know a place in South London where I can get them fitted? Any other info on them?

Thanks

I have xenons installed in my low beams and foglights... The installation is very easy, just connect the bulbs to the ballasts and then two wires to the car's connection socket. Then put the bulbs in and install the ballasts somewhere under the hood. Almost every garage which is fixing cars will make the installation for you if you don't want to install them yourself. But if you're willing to try, you can order the kit for example from here!

Best regards, Alex

And just so you know, HID kits are never as good as a true HID from the factory. But they do light up the road better than your halogen projector.

And just so you know, HID kits are never as good as a true HID from the factory. But they do light up the road better than your halogen projector.

I think I may have to disagree with that. My friend has 8000K HID kit on his Celica, and it just simply amazing! You can see the light hit far!

Simply depends on the quality of the kit you purchase.

My friend has 8000K HID kit on his Celica, and it just simply amazing! You can see the light hit far!

Have you any friend who has factory-made HID kit on his car?

My friend has 8000K HID kit on his Celica, and it just simply amazing! You can see the light hit far!

Many have on their X5's and my dad has them on his new S-Class. They are brilliant, much better than many self-fitted HID kits I've seen on cars, however; i still believe that the quality of the HID kits also make a difference as I have seen some self-fitted ones that are simply amazing.

Many have on their X5's and my dad has them on his new S-Class. They are brilliant, much better than many self-fitted HID kits I've seen on cars, however; i still believe that the quality of the HID kits also make a difference as I have seen some self-fitted ones that are simply amazing.

I just asked about your other friends because I thought that the 8000K kit on your friend's Celica was the only kit you ever saw,

because you said that "the light did hit far and the kit was amazing". The truth is that the best temperature for xenon is about 4300K,

up and down from that temperature the light isn't so bright. And if you calculate, 8000K is pretty far from 4300K, so... :rolleyes:

I just asked about your other friends because I thought that the 8000K kit on your friend's Celica was the only kit you ever saw,

because you said that "the light did hit far and the kit was amazing". The truth is that the best temperature for xenon is about 4300K,

up and down from that temperature the light isn't so bright. And if you calculate, 8000K is pretty far from 4300K, so... :rolleyes:

Yes indeed. But i prefer the 8000K because of the blue tint in the lights. They are still brighter than the halogen lights.

Yes indeed. But i prefer the 8000K because of the blue tint in the lights. They are still brighter than the halogen lights.

Ok, now I get you. Of course everyone has his own taste (I have 6000K in low beams and fog lights) and am very pleased. 6000K is the

best kit for me as it provides improved visibility and makes the car look better at the same time. It's a good compromise-kit :yes::lol:

Ok, now I get you. Of course everyone has his own taste (I have 6000K in low beams and fog lights) and am very pleased. 6000K is the

best kit for me as it provides improved visibility and makes the car look better at the same time. It's a good compromise-kit :yes::lol:

Yes, 6000K is the best compromise kit, but im more after the looks, and even the 8000K are way brighter than the standard halogen bulbs (obvciously not brigher than the 6000K kit) so im happy with that. =]

Yes, 6000K is the best compromise kit, but im more after the looks, and even the 8000K are way brighter than the standard halogen bulbs (obvciously not brigher than the 6000K kit) so im happy with that. =]

I'm after the look too, but here I decided to make a compromise. Ok it's not really a compromise, it's just how it goes because I like the colour of the 6000K best :D

BTW have you allready decided wether you install the kit? And if yes, when are you going to do that, are you going to make the installation yourself, are willing to install only one kit to the low beams or high beams/fog lights too, what temperature? Etc etc...

I'm after the look too, but here I decided to make a compromise. Ok it's not really a compromise, it's just how it goes because I like the colour of the 6000K best :D

BTW have you allready decided wether you install the kit? And if yes, when are you going to do that, are you going to make the installation yourself, are willing to install only one kit to the low beams or high beams/fog lights too, what temperature? Etc etc...

Yes. I will get them. Going to get 8000K, and install them myself. Going to change the H11 bulbs. The normal driving headlights. Iv changed the side lights already to a white/blue lights fully 'E' marked. The only thing is, where is the best place to place the ballasts?

Could you please send some pictures of the parking lights that you allready changed? Want to see how they look like, because I couldn't find any bulbs for my car so that the colour would have fit my HID kit, so I'm making some kind of a research :)

Please look at my Introducing My Auris! -topic's second page to find out how to install the ballasts ;)

Best regards, Alex

Could you please send some pictures of the parking lights that you allready changed? Want to see how they look like, because I couldn't find any bulbs for my car so that the colour would have fit my hid kit, so I'm making some kind of a research :)

Search my Introducing My Auris! -topic's second page to find out how to install the ballasts ;)

Best regards, Alex

Here's a pik of my side lights. Have a look. =]

post-70773-1231963642_thumb.jpg

Could you please send some pictures of the parking lights that you allready changed? Want to see how they look like, because I couldn't find any bulbs for my car so that the colour would have fit my hid kit, so I'm making some kind of a research :)

Search my Introducing My Auris! -topic's second page to find out how to install the ballasts ;)

Best regards, Alex

They look nice, much better colour as in the ones I used to have.

Do you know the make, and where did you buy them from?

Best regards, Alex

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-w5w-x...1-pr-16339.html

Just go to this link. Will take you straight there. =]

Best regards, Alex

Best regards, Alex

Could you please take a pik like the one I have attached. Please try do it as soon as possible, as the pictures you will send me will help me make my final decision on whether I want 6000K or 8000K. :yes:

Thanks

post-70773-1232023064_thumb.jpg

Could you please take a pik like the one I have attached. Please try do it as soon as possible, as the pictures you will send me will help me make my final decision on whether I want 6000K or 8000K. :yes:

Thanks

Take 6000 K! Used to drive an Opel Tigra, installed angel eyes headlights and bi-xenon - 8000 K ('cause I thought bluish looked cooler) on the low beam and then I decided to go for the 6000 K on the high beam. I'm telling you, if removing the bulbs from the headlight and putting the new one was not such a pain in the ... neck, I would have swapped the 8000 K with a 6000 one. 6000 K's light is sooooooooo much brighter!

Thanks

Here you go, fresh picture which I took 15 minutes ago. And there's even one halogen light by an accident in the picture, it's good for the comparsion :lol:

auris29wu5.jpg

Thanks

Here you go, fresh picture which I took 15 minutes ago. And there's even one halogen light by an accident in the picture, it's good for the comparsion :lol:

auris29wu5.jpg

Haha.. yh man.. thankss... iv made my decision. 6000K it is =] im going to compromise to like you did :P

Thanks

auris29wu5.jpg

Haha.. yh man.. thankss... iv made my decision. 6000K it is =] im going to compromise to like you did :P

Good decision! Post some pics when you'll finish the installation ;)

Thanks

auris29wu5.jpg

Good decision! Post some pics when you'll finish the installation ;)

Im so bad with deciding.. LOL... now im thinking, shouldnt I just spend that money on an exhaust? lol.. Because atm iv got the halogen, xenon look alikes and they give a slighly blue effect as u see.. and the picture you sent me is lyk bright blue :S so i dno :S maybe its because the pik is taken from close?? how does it look from far??

Anyone got 8000K Hid kit? Would be great if you could post some pictures. Thanks =]

f7f4460c_0040000122525_l.jpgf7f4d990_0040000122524_l.jpg I know they are not too good, but this is all I have left from the car ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links