Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hid Kits

ujamil

Anyone got 8000K Hid kit? Would be great if you could post some pictures. Thanks =]

f7f4460c_0040000122525_l.jpgf7f4d990_0040000122524_l.jpg I know they are not too good, but this is all I have left from the car ;)

Was looking for piks taken at night :(

Thanks though =]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Speed_Chaser

• ujamil

• wastedagen

• Auris 1.6 vvt-i

My lights look from far away same as in that pic...

Maybe you'll get some advice from this:

HID_colors.jpg

6000K_CRYSTALCLEAR.jpg

8000k_BLUE.jpg

BTW I suggest you to buy the HIDs. Much better upgrade than the exhaust.

Exhaust is nice too, yes, but it's the next level, you know ;)

HID_colors.jpg

6000K_CRYSTALCLEAR.jpg

8000k_BLUE.jpg

So u suggest I get HID 1st, then the exhaust?

Thanks btw :thumbsup:

And just so you know, HID kits are never as good as a true HID from the factory. But they do light up the road better than your halogen projector.

I think I may have to disagree with that. My friend has 8000K HID kit on his Celica, and it just simply amazing! You can see the light hit far!

Simply depends on the quality of the kit you purchase.

Do you know that over 90% of HID kits are made in the same Chinese factories? I know for sure that mine is Chinese... once you read their "English" manuals, you can tell that the wording makes little sense. ;)

My friend has 8000K HID kit on his Celica, and it just simply amazing! You can see the light hit far!

Have you any friend who has factory-made HID kit on his car?

Many have on their X5's and my dad has them on his new S-Class. They are brilliant, much better than many self-fitted HID kits I've seen on cars, however; i still believe that the quality of the HID kits also make a difference as I have seen some self-fitted ones that are simply amazing.

I just asked about your other friends because I thought that the 8000K kit on your friend's Celica was the only kit you ever saw,

because you said that "the light did hit far and the kit was amazing". The truth is that the best temperature for xenon is about 4300K,

up and down from that temperature the light isn't so bright. And if you calculate, 8000K is pretty far from 4300K, so... :rolleyes:

Good point. 8000 K is too purple usually (useless when it rains).

When I compare my HID kit lights to BMW or Hondas, mine sucks lol

HID_colors.jpg

6000K_CRYSTALCLEAR.jpg

8000k_BLUE.jpg

So u suggest I get HID 1st, then the exhaust?

Thanks btw :thumbsup:

Exactly, HIDs first :D

I'm looking into the HID Conversion kit but when I was speaking to the customer service agent here HID Conversion they asked me if my Auris has the dashboard warning light the flashes when a headlight bulb is out. If this is the case then I must purchase the kit which is twice the price of the normal so's not to interfere with the ECU.

Does anyone know if the Auris has this warning feature?

No. You can install any HID kit.

Correct. No warnings in my car neither :)

Best regards, Alex

I thought changing to HID is illegal in the UK unless you have self leveling headlamps. All these bulbs do is dazzle people in the rear view mirror and coming towards i would ban them as i regard them as dangerous unless set up correct.

I thought changing to HID is illegal in the UK unless you have self leveling headlamps. All these bulbs do is dazzle people in the rear view mirror and coming towards i would ban them as i regard them as dangerous unless set up correct.

Yes, you're right. They are illegal, and in Finland too. But it's not even disturbing me if some car with HIDs is driving behind me or towards me.

I suggest you to stop staring at the other cars' lights and watch only at the road in front of you. It prevents you from getting blinded and increases the safety on the road if you follow the road carefully ;)

Best regards, Alex

Thanks for the advice. I have now ordered my HID kit and will install it this weekend hopefully.

I have a quick question regarding the actually bulb. Is it like the Halogen bulb/Glass where as you must not touch the glass otherwise it will create a hot spot and eventually blow prematurely?

On a side note, reading about the legality of these kits, I have read that the OEM Factory Fitted HID lights must be self levelling and have screen washers. Why?

Just cos' you have self levelling doesn't mean they can't be badly aligned and still blind other motorists. And what is so special about headlight washers. These lights get too dirty if the washer does not get used just like a normal halogen headlights.

So why does it stipulate in the regulations that HID Headlights must have these features. Personally I would consider them an added luxury, not a necessary feature, for top end cars. You know more toys on your car.

Just curious...............

Once again thanks for the advice.......................

Thanks for the advice. I have now ordered my HID Kit and will install it this weekend hopefully.

I have a quick question regarding the actually bulb. Is it like the Halogen bulb/Glass where as you must not touch the glass otherwise it will create a hot spot and eventually blow prematurely?

On a side note, reading about the legality of these kits, I have read that the OEM Factory Fitted HID lights must be self levelling and have screen washers. Why?

Just cos' you have self levelling doesn't mean they can't be badly aligned and still blind other motorists. And what is so special about headlight washers. These lights get too dirty if the washer does not get used just like a normal halogen headlights.

So why does it stipulate in the regulations that HID Headlights must have these features. Personally I would consider them an added luxury, not a necessary feature, for top end cars. You know more toys on your car.

Just curious...............

Once again thanks for the advice.......................

Yes the bulb looks the same as halogen and you're right, it's not good to touch the glass.

About the levelling and washers: I don't know. Just guess that the levelling is

made so that the car won't blind other drivers with lifted lights when going uphill.

Alignment should be tested at the MOT test, so they consider that it's correct.

About the washers, I cannot even guess :D It's so weird.

I think it's all weird, stupid and weird! :ffs:

Alex, did you have to dig holes in the plastic lids of the headlights (the ones covering the bulbs) in order to install the HID kit? I guess there is no other way, right?

Best Regards,

Svet

Alex, did you have to dig holes in the plastic lids of the headlights (the ones covering the bulbs) in order to install the HID kit? I guess there is no other way, right?

Best Regards,

Svet

You mean plastic around those holes where you stick the bulbs to? No I did not remove any plastic. You just put the bulb in the hole (like a halogen light) and then you connect the wires. Thats all you have to do!

Best regards, Alex

Best Regards,

Svet

You mean plastic around those holes where you stick the bulbs to? No I did not remove any plastic. You just put the bulb in the hole (like a halogen light) and then you connect the wires. Thats all you have to do!

Best regards, Alex

ОК, I know bulbs are exact fit, but there should be plastic lids covering the back of the bulbs, to prevent any water leakage inside right? And you have to connect the HID bulbs to the balasts as well, so how do you plug the wires b/w the bulb and the balast, w/o making a hole in this plastic cover?

Best Regards,

Svet

Best regards, Alex

ОК, I know bulbs are exact fit, but there should be plastic lids covering the back of the bulbs, to prevent any water leakage inside right? And you have to connect the HID bulbs to the balasts as well, so how do you plug the wires b/w the bulb and the balast, w/o making a hole in this plastic cover?

Sorry for not being very exact in my previous message... The wires are mounted in the backside of the bulb. You'll just have to connect another end to the ballast...

This is how it looks like:

HID%20bulb.jpg

@alexC

My H11 kit has arrived and will hopefully get them installed in the next few days. What I would like to ask, is it ok to post my install pictures on your thread. I don't want to be seen as someone who is hi-jacking your thread, hence i'm asking first. If not i'll start a new one, no probs.............

Regards.

@alexC

My H11 kit has arrived and will hopefully get them installed in the next few days. What I would like to ask, is it ok to post my install pictures on your thread. I don't want to be seen as someone who is hi-jacking your thread, hence i'm asking first. If not i'll start a new one, no probs.............

Regards.

Are you talking about "Introducing My Auris!" -thread? :huh:

But whichever thread you mean, I think that if you're going to

post some kinda instruction with pics, it'll be best to create a new

thread like I did with Cruise Control Installation Instructions -thread.

It will be more clear and much easier for people to find!

Best regards, Alex

No I meant this particular thread. But I've just realised that you are not the OP of this thread. My Bad. :blush:

I'll start a new one.

Regards

No I meant this particular thread. But That's OK, I'll start another one and keep them separate.

Regards

Ah ok, you can do as you wish :) It was just my suggestion, thought it would be easier for the other

club members to find it if it'll be separate thread with it's own name... But maybe it will fit nicely

on this thread too. Can't even say which is better, so, you decide :D

Yes this is not my thread, it's more ujamil's, as you allready realized :)

Best regards, Alex

@alexC

How did you connect the ballast for power. My ballast socket is like a HB3 socket and the existing lights are a H11 plug. Therefore I couldn't just connect the existing wiring loom to the ballast. I had to use the additional cable and plug the spade connectors into the H11 socket. It's secure but ugly. I also had to file the bulb lugs down a bit to get them to fit into the headlight housing. Do you think they sent me the wrong kit?

No I meant this particular thread. But That's OK, I'll start another one and keep them separate.

Regards

Ah ok, you can do as you wish :) It was just my suggestion, thought it would be easier for the other

club members to find it if it'll be separate thread with it's own name... But maybe it will fit nicely

on this thread too. Can't even say which is better, so, you decide :D

BTW this is not my thread, it's more ujamil's :)

Best regards, Alex

No worries, post whatever you want. It for everyone. This thread is for everyone who is double minded about HIDs or needs help with installing them.

Thanks ujamil

Gotta go to work now so i'll do my review later tonight.

regards

@alexC

How did you connect the ballast for power. My ballast socket is like a HB3 socket and the existing lights are a H11 plug. Therefore I couldn't just connect the existing wiring loom to the ballast. I had to use the additional cable and plug the spade connectors into the H11 socket. It's secure but ugly. I also had to file the bulb lugs down a bit to get them to fit into the headlight housing. Do you think they sent me the wrong kit?

Didn't really understand what you mean, but this is how I did it. If it won't help, please try to ask again :)

Connected three cables (on the right side) to the ballast. Then connected two cables (red and black, on the left side)

to the socket (which was connected to the halogen bulb when there was halogen). One in one hole, and second to another hole.

Remember to put some tape around there, because if the connection spot will touch some metal part, you'll end up changing fuse

as the connection isn't sealed. All the other connections (three connections coming from the bulb to the ballast) are sealed.

Everything worked without any modifications.

HID%20bulb.jpg

Here is how my ballast looks:

ballast.jpg

There is one socket to which you connect the biggest connector coming from the bulb, and there's also two wires

which you connect to the sealed wires coming from the bulb (those at the right side of the 1st picture)

Best regards, Alex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links