Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bovs ...

Jimlad

Ok....

Am I right in thinking that it's the bov that makes the "Tssst" sound when changing gear ??

If so... I bluddy want one ?!?!?

I've been speaking with someone in Japan who says...

"The SQV and Super SQV are adjustable so will work with any generation as long as you can mount it."

Is this true ??

I'm gonna get on the blower to CRD about this and see what they suggest. Also want to talk to them about a Turbo timer.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• Bibbs

• KiwiMR2

• nick_mcuk

The BOV WILL FIT any revision .. they have a mounting adaptor ..

But as I've said, cause they are AFM driven cars for the airflow, it can effect your fueling .. Mine is fine though ..

PM me if you want proper details or get on MSN ..

150 dB .. Hmm

From a Site

Threshold of Hearing 0 dB

Rustling Leaves 10 dB

Whisper20 dB

Normal Conversation 60 dB

Busy Street Traffic 70 dB

Vacuum Cleaner 80 dB

Large Orchestra 98 dB

Walkman at Maximum Level 100 dB

Front Rows of Rock Concert 110 dB

Threshold of Pain 130 dB

Military Jet Takeoff 140 dB

Instant Perforation of Eardrum 160 dB

so 150db is bluddy loud then..

most prob would knock everyone off their feet if you were driving along beside a pavement.. lol

Shame they can't get a 160dB .. every time you change gear, all the people within 50m are deaf ..

That'd be class :)

Shame they can't get a 160dB .. every time you change gear, all the people within 50m are deaf ..

That'd be class :)

just imagine it... about to go into 2nd... "tsst".... everyone grabs their heads in pain...

would look funny.

Or even funnier .. a pillow and a bungee cord .. look like mentals driving about ..

Or even funnier .. a pillow and a bungee cord .. look like mentals driving about ..

oh man ... you've got no idea how hard I just laughed....

I got such a picture in my head...

" haph you sheen ma baseball ? " .... lol

heh heh .. big loop over the head for the pillow and the bungee hooks like a chin strap ..

Proper "sunshine coaches" style ..

The loudest dump valve to my knowledge is a the Sard R2D2 @ 100db. The best part is that they have specific variants for the most popular cars/engines and have one for the ST205 3SGTE so I could a great bov for mine. Rev1/2 can still get a universal fit item tho.

But remeber the benefit of a recirc BOV is that the air discharge when vented back into the intake serves as a small boost of air to keep the turbo spooled up.With an atmoBOV this air just goes to waste. In a recirc its reused as a spike of air sent by the BOV and this air hits the turbo a split second after the BOV has opened helping spoolup.

So basically the recirc BOV better serves performance. An atmoBOV justs makes your car sound cool but at the possible exspence of affectin performance because of the difference in air that the AFM has already accounted for and measured has been vented to the atmosphere wasted.

I normally re-attach my recirc if im hitting b-roads and disconnect when im ricing about. But then again I wont have the fuelling issues you might regardless.

Jimlad....dont fit it if you have a REV1 or 2 it will run crap...i have an HKS SQV bov on mine and ended up buyung the HKS recirc adaptor.

The AFM on there gets confused whenit dumps already metered air and will make it run lean just at the point you are coming on the gas in the next gear!

DO NOT DO IT!

does it still sound good with the recirc adapter ??

Lol, guess if u want this dump valve u'll havta get a rev3 engine transplant :P

heh

-Z

Jimlad....dont fit it if you have a REV1 or 2 it will run crap...i have an HKS SQV bov on mine and ended up buyung the HKS recirc adaptor.

The AFM on there gets confused whenit dumps already metered air and will make it run lean just at the point you are coming on the gas in the next gear!

DO NOT DO IT!

mmmmmm....

Bibbs has no problems with his... so I may give it a go and see what it's like.

err he had a hybrid system his mate made where you can switch between the 2!

Trust me i have done lots of testing on this subject and if you have a rev 1/2 dont do it by all means have one but recirc it...I did testing on a RR and what it does to the mixtures is scary....

Besides its a very ghey and the noise gets on your tities after a while. Better to be stealth all day long!

And to answer your question..when you recirc it it makes no noise....and the car runs much better.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links