Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bovs ...

Jimlad

I am interested in this (been looking for something similar in the UK - with no joy) .. what the cost of one?

Not sure....I can e-mail for a price if you want??

what does it do exactly ??

SImply replace the AFM ? Then someone needs to map it ?

Go to the link and have a good read in all the areas....explains HEAPS about it:

http://www.performancemotorresearch.co.nz/faqs.html

Cheers

KiwiMR2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• Bibbs

• KiwiMR2

• nick_mcuk

If you could get a price .. I can foward you some cash if cheap enough .. and then you could post me one??

:thumbsup:

Can stick in a set of those clear side indicators too if ya like !!

I was speaking to Dastek today and they said with a Vent to Atmos BOV and the Unichip, it will be able to correct any potential fuelling issues....

So now I can get a BOV and sound like a max power muppet... lol.

jimlad,

i have a rev 2 and have bunged up the re circ pipe and it runs fine maybe a little rich but it dont run lean, the standard valve makes a good sound but they tend to have weak springs and some times stay open on half throttle.

cheers

dave

jimlad,

i have a rev 2 and have bunged up the re circ pipe and it runs fine maybe a little rich but it dont run lean, the standard valve makes a good sound but they tend to have weak springs and some times stay open on half throttle.

cheers

dave

yeah...... but just to prevent any possible issues I'll let the dasteck boys sort it out.

They suggest getting the Bov fitted as close to when I go to get the unichip fitted as possible. They said they will sort the fuelling issues out etc.

The Unichip has a massive list of functions... it can actually do heaps of things ! Launch control sounding like one of the madder !

now I can get a BOV and sound like a max power muppet... lol.

yippe kay ya !Removed!'s :D

lol

Gonna havta hear it wen its done m8. i must admit there is a little rice boy inside of me... <_<

haha

-Z

will be nice.... also good knowing that it won't be damaging me engine due to fueling issues etc !

I could get a BOV from MTTE, but I don't think it'll get here in time.. will have to go with a full price effort from Envy.

If you could get a price .. I can foward you some cash if cheap enough .. and then you could post me one??

:thumbsup:

I'll e-mail now for a price......you have a Gen II J-spec MR2 right?

Can stick in a set of those clear side indicators too if ya like !!

Yes, well, I might pop over and pay them a visit, after all that faxing and talking to them on the phone I wonder weather that part even exsists!! I'll see what I can find out.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I'll e-mail now for a price......you have a Gen II J-spec MR2 right?

Yeah I do .. cheers fella .. I'll post you some Stella in return.

Can a map ecu be run in conjunction with an aftermarket piggyback chip? It doesnt answer that question in the FAQ..

Installation can be done by pretty much anyone...I'll need to find out about tuning, he wants to know where in the UK you are so he can reccomend someone to install and tune it. Bibbs...where are you at?

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Can a map ecu be run in conjunction with an aftermarket piggyback chip? It doesnt answer that question in the FAQ..

I ask :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Bibbs...where are you at?

I'm in Reading - UK .. but I can go anywhere in the south .. a company called Millway in Andoved are my usual garage .. rolling road etc ..

good question mate...

thinking the same as me ??

Wouldn't it be awkward to tune the unichip and Map-Ecu at the same time ?? ... do they not both do the same sorta thingy ?

a MoTec has an add on MAP sensor .. I'm sure there will be similar for a unichip ..

a MoTec has an add on MAP sensor .. I'm sure there will be similar for a unichip ..

so do you mean an extra option for the unichip... ?

As in you can get lauch control for it ?? I'll email the bloke and see what they say.

Launch control, isn't that the feature that spools up the turbo prior to launching the car? I've heard these things can have a detrimental effect on turbo durability....

Launch control, isn't that the feature that spools up the turbo prior to launching the car? I've heard these things can have a detrimental effect on turbo durability....

Nah that's antilag...quite a bit diferent, launch control won't nessecerly spool the turbo just take the revs up and it sits there bouncing of the setting till you go....only way to spool it up before you go properly is anitlag OR you slip the clutch a wee bit as you ready to take of and it builds on the launch.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

what kiwi said bout hte lauch control and als :)

one thing tho. There was some1 on these foums that had ALS installed in his tubby and had been running it for quite a while w/o any problems. he'd even checked the wear and tear thuroughlly and couldnt find any!

Saying that i've always thought als really messed up ur car and was best left to the pro racers who could afford an engine rebuild after every few races...

Ah well, it would be pretty cool tho.

Although i think it's illegal cos of the bang-bang noise prodiuced being that loud.

Guess u'll just havta master "left-foot braking" tho i'd think that would be quite dealy in an mr2, heh.

-Z

Cant remeber how they do it but its something to do with a soleniod blah blah and you can specify the amount off boost 'buildup' whilst sitting still. Then KABOOM, dump and go.

ph34r my technical explanations...

anti lag is faily basic .. it just dumps the timing to a silly amount so it ignights the air/fuel in the manafold - not the engine .. the GT4's used to go through a manafold a rally (or more) ..

Question ...

Hi there,

Another question for you ( sorry ).

In the way that a MoTeC ECU has an add on MAP sensor ( to possibly replace the AFM ), does the unichip have something similar ?

I currently have a MR2 with a AFM.

Answer ...

Hi James,

It can be done, but it's a lot of mapping work, you probably only need to worry about that when you get to 350+ Bhp.

Cheers,

Gerry

But they still say they can sort out BOV issues... :)

gonna order it now.

Ok with regards to the MAP-ECU in the UK + running it WITH a unichip he said:

Tell him to try these two:

Leon@jpsmotorsport.com

Paul Whiffin [sales@whifbitz.co.uk]

I am not sure where they are in the UK.

Yes, you can use the UniChip as well, probably just for timing.

Regards,

Peter

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links