Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A New Record Mpg For The Sr180?

Djw John

Hi folks

I said I would let you know how I got on with the dealers and my my poor fuel economy. It's a very long story, but the basics. I took it back they did and ECU upgrade, no change. I took it back again, they kept if for a week, drove it around, achieved the same mpg, around 37 ! They also contacted Toyota UK who claim that 33 to 39 mpg is normal for this car. They have taken the car back and I am no longer a Toyota owner. The dealership were superb, and have sorted out my problem. I would recommend them to anyone. However, I would not recommend the 180 diesel engine to anyone. A diesel engine in a medium sized hatch should not us this much fuel.

As a comparison, not vey scientific I know, but it will give you an idea. I drove the T180 75 miles to drop it off, did about 39mpg at a very easy pace, drove back in the new car, an automatic estate at similar speeds, managed almost 50mpg.

Good luck to those that stick with it.

DD

Had mine 4 months now so no joy there, but if I had known 35mpg average around town and 44mpg on a run I would not have bought this car, I was expecting 40-45mpg around town and 50+on a run otherwise I have no complaints.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Djw John

• Rick D4D

• cabcurtains

• OldSkoO1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links