Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pm's Are Back

Steve

Howdy chaps

As promised, after i moaned a lot with loads of other board owners who got hit by spammers we eventually got a patch for the PM system. The PM system now has flood control.

Members can only post once every 3 mins.. i am sure this will be suitable. But a good solution to our problem.

Only members who bypass this are paid members and mod team. I put Les on 1 PM every 10 hours for a laugh (hahah only joking)

So have fun folks and thanks for being patient while I got this fixed.

Oh yeah.. i removed all offending spam messages as they were dodgy.

cheerio!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarra

• chatman

• Demonic Angel

• Raistlin

I put Les on 1 PM every 10 hours for a laugh (hahah only joking)

That's a bit optimistic - has his typing speed improved ??? :D

Ah!.. you've been on MSN with him too then :lol:

I put Les on 1 PM every 10 hours for a laugh (hahah only joking)

That's a bit optimistic - has his typing speed improved ??? :D

It certainly has. (I typed that before you asked the question) :thumbsup:

One PM every 10 hours!!!!!!.................That's twice as much as before (Woo-Hoo, promotion :thumbsup::lol: )

Ah!.. you've been on MSN with him too then :lol:

time he finished writing i looked like Grizzly Adams :lol: :lol:

showing my age here

Hi Steve :D . Just want to say again that both Gaz & I apologised to EM for hijacking the thread & these were deleted with the rest of our banter. I know we were wrong & shouldn't have done it, but the plus side was that it kept it towards the top of Page 1 & where late "log onners" would see & read it. Apologies again :(

Howdy chaps

As promised, after i moaned a lot with loads of other board owners who got hit by spammers we eventually got a patch for the PM system. The PM system now has flood control.

Members can only post once every 3 mins.. i am sure this will be suitable. But a good solution to our problem.

Only members who bypass this are paid members and mod team. I put Les on 1 PM every 10 hours for a laugh (hahah only joking)

cheerio!

No they are not ! :(

I have just attempted to PM Les, & the red notice came up "You are not entitled to use the messenger facility" [ an approximation]. It isn't the 3 minute rule, as I haven't PMed anyone for at least a fortnight. I can & have e-mailed topics to friends in the last couple of days :angry:

Howdy chaps

cheerio!

I have just attempted to PM Les, & the red notice came up "You are not entitled to use the messenger facility" [ an approximation]. It isn't the 3 minute rule, as I haven't PMed anyone for at least a fortnight. I can & have e-mailed topics to friends in the last couple of days :angry:

Hello Victor..........I have just tried to PM you and got the following message:

This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or they are in a member group not allowed to use the personal messenger.

This personal message has not been sent

Not quite sure why that is the case?

Victor.... have you tried the following?

Click on My Controls on the top right of the board, then scroll down the Menu on the left hand side of the My Controls page til you reach Board Settings

In Board Settings, there is Personal Messenger options, which says "Disable your personal messenger?" - does the box next to that say "Yes"? If so, change it to no and you will have PM's back.

If it says "No" then this is a board problem.

Howdy chaps

cheerio!

Hello Victor..........I have just tried to PM you and got the following message:

This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or they are in a member group not allowed to use the personal messenger.

This personal message has not been sent

Not quite sure why that is the case?

I don't seem to have a "Messages" section on the bar beside "Log in" & "Log out ". I didn't change anything in my controls etc. :o

Thanks Em.It says "No" I'm afraid. I have to log off now, as my family have arrived :(

Mine is all set as should be... but cant use the PM messages....

Get the following error:

TocMessage.jpg

Get the following error:

TocMessage.jpg

Mines the same...

Get the following error:

TocMessage.jpg

Mines the same...

Still no fix ???????

Anyone else still unable to use the messaging PM function :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Not working for me either :(

I'm still out :( I tried again to PM Les & am still getting the red notice forbidding me to use the facility :(

In case Les cannot stand the suspense, it was nothing vitally important :D merely a minor niggle which is annoying me slightly.

My Rolla is rarely if ever discussed in Corolla section & most of the posts don't interest me, being of much more modern models. I started a Poll in "Classic Toyota" under the heading "Classic or not"on the 1st Jan 2008. It has had over 2000 views, so isn't doing badly :thumbsup: I check it out every now & again & it is still on the 1st page.

Problem is, that on 9th Aug last year I noticed that 4 votes had gone missing.

For 8

Against 7

Total 19

But I know that the vote prior to that was giving the "Fors" a comfortable lead.

I wanted to ask Les if the missing votes could be found, without causing untold trouble.

I do NOT want a "Fix" If they are against, so be it :P & if it cannot be done, don't worry :D

I still don't have a messages section on my club tool bar telling me "No messages" or other wise :(

I have just tried going to My Controls, Board Options, & changed Disable PMs from No to Yes, saved changes & went back and reversed the process, saving changes again, to see would that kick start it.

No it didn't :crybaby:

My PM's are working, I have 9 to be answered in the morning ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'm still out :( I tried again to PM Les & am still getting the red notice forbidding me to use the facility :(

In case Les cannot stand the suspense, it was nothing vitally important :D merely a minor niggle which is annoying me slightly.

My Rolla is rarely if ever discussed in Corolla section & most of the posts don't interest me, being of much more modern models. I started a Poll in "Classic Toyota" under the heading "Classic or not"on the 1st Jan 2008. It has had over 2000 views, so isn't doing badly :thumbsup: I check it out every now & again & it is still on the 1st page.

Problem is, that on 9th Aug last year I noticed that 4 votes had gone missing.

For 8

Against 7

Total 19

But I know that the vote prior to that was giving the "Fors" a comfortable lead.

I wanted to ask Les if the missing votes could be found, without causing untold trouble.

I do NOT want a "Fix" If they are against, so be it :P & if it cannot be done, don't worry :D

I still don't have a messages section on my club tool bar telling me "No messages" or other wise :(

no doubt you have one of the most desirable corollas in the south west of Ireland - and the miserable misfortune that its in the wrong place is of course none of your fault. Your fault is ye never bought a 3 door RAV4 in keeping wi yer youthful stature.

And as few people know, the RAV was conceived by 2 corollas coming together - I canna say anymore cos I've been telt this is a family forum although what 9 year olds are doing reading this site is beyond me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links