Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

AE92 GTi-16 Progress Thread

KPARRIS-JONES

My Threaded Rods got delivered today so the bush pulling tools are now complete!

dda09cb5.jpg

bd551f03.jpg

KP

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KPARRIS-JONES

• dawesy

• PaulinhoT

• AE_92

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neat little tool :) good luck ;)

I must do my brake hoses, thanks for the reminder.

Brilliantly successful day today - I got all of the bushes out and replaced without much hassle, it really was much easier than I thought after we fabbed up a slide-hammer and the right diameter tubes.

Rear Hubs both done:

6a11c20b.jpg

Lower Arms done:

099bdbdf.jpg

a08b01b2.jpg

We pulled and replaced 11 bushes in total. :D

4f4169f8.jpg

b50e7faf.jpg

The only let down was the last 19mm bolt for the front N/S Lower Arm; the captive nut separated and now we have to cut the subframe and weld in a new nut.

Tomorrow I'm handling the sub-frame, master cylinder, headlight levels and exhaust at which point she should pass with no issues. :yes:

KP

More good work here, nice one!

What bushes have we used on it?

Thanks tibs. Sorry dude I don't understand the question :lol:

We sorted the sub-frame today, basically the captive nut was actually a floating nut within a box. The box had split and sent the bolt through the nut on the piss so we had to cut the subframe and weld the nut in and the subframe back together.

634f70d3.jpg

And here are some pictures of all the new bushes and brake lines as well as the exhaust repair.

e85c98ff.jpg

da07a62e.jpg

0f026149.jpg

634f70d3.jpg

086a9b38.jpg

305aa2d1.jpg

59fdce9a.jpg

1aaf5208.jpg

aad3a5b7.jpg

I then did the master cylinder and now the brakes are all perfect; really tight and sharp! I then ran through everything on the car, adjusting the headlights and handbrake and now she's sorted and ready for the MOT tomorrow :yahoo:

KP

I meant what brand/make bushes are you fitting?

Ah they're SuperPro Polybushes - they're a tiny bit softer that some polys but it makes them easier to fit with pretty well no drawbacks.

Yah she PASSED!! :D

Failed first time mind - the Headlights are shite; the beam pattern is shoddy and the level is unadjustable. Although as luck had it I had a spare set of lights in the boot which I fitted up on the spot, retested and passed. :D

The MOT tester told me she failed on PAS fluid level and I asked if I could buy some - they didn't stock it but he gave me a nudge and said to meet him by the car. I went by and he had his personal supply of ATF that he let me top up with because he liked the car so much :lol:

He stood there with his mate asking all sorts about the project, and said it was nice to see a car so well looked after with the likes of Polybushes, braided lines and decent pads.

So all-in-all a very successful day!

KP

Well done on all your hard work, looks great :)

Cheers Steven. I am now very happy with her. Now the last mechanical niggle is the front wheel bearings. They have been FUBAR since I had the paint job but they don't grumble, so it's not going to go pop any time soon. I have ordered a new pair in for £20 on eBay and I'll send her in later in the summer to have them pressed out and in :D

I finally got the stones to do the transfers! :lol:

82ac87a9.jpg

8d6f78dd.jpg

cac92fbe.jpg

672ec584.jpg

28d06ad1.jpg

08007a6e.jpg

d91f8c9e.jpg

I have to say I'm really happy with them!

KP

You are the the man KP :thumbsup:

I'd like to see her white wheels, i wonder if someone could photoshop it?

Cheers CC; how're you doing these days? :)

I don't have any Photoshop skills so we'll have to see if anyone else pops by :lol:

*pics of side graphics fitted*

Yes! Yes! And Yes!

haha so it's safe to say you're undecided? :P Thanks man!

Another one of the very annoying little niggles that's been there from the start is gone!

e4fbc3b1.jpg

9e813f08.jpg

Now for the spoiler seal and paint on the underside. :D

KP

Now thats the finishing touch it needed. Absolutely stunning :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing how you tackel the underside as its something i plan on doing to mine after another couple of years :)

What a lovely car ;) those little touches make it 100%, well done.

Thanks Steven and Paul! It really is a high that it puts you on because these have been bugging me for years now.

What doesn't help is that pretty well EVERYONE at college said "so why's that trim knackered and the skirt hanging off then?"

So, as luck would have it, I've fixed the side skirt as well!

KnackeredSkirt.jpg

671bab49.jpg

That was one of the jobs I expected to be a real cow, so having taken 10 minutes to sort it I'm feeling pretty damn good! :D

KP

I have a list as long as my arm of little jobs to do... But like you say, it gives you a reward when done :)

Stunning bit of kit mate class work!

Ah they're SuperPro Polybushes - they're a tiny bit softer that some polys but it makes them easier to fit with pretty well no drawbacks.

Not sure if you have read my latest post regarding rear bushes, but wondering how much different the 'feel' is from within the car? Much harsher?

Thank you guys :)

Tibs, sorry no I haven't yet had the time to check - the car feels generally tighter. It is much less inclined to tramp across the motorways at high speeds, and when you go round roundabouts at a fair pace (commonplace in Milton Keynes :P ) it sticks like glue and feels generally tighter and more responsive when cornering.

The ride itself in generally slightly harsher but it doesn't make the car jolt or shudder on average roads.

She glides round corners now and feels far more sure footed.

I really do recommend the SuperPro bushes that I got from Fensport - I have a feeling the bushes on the rear hubs and stuff are all the same for mine and yours. I will happily post off my bush removal kit to you which has the perfect sized tubes for the AE*** series cars.

KP

• 4 weeks later...

I've finally managed to give her the first full valet of the summer - rinse, wash, paint clean, clay, polish, wax etc and she's looking good - that should keep things fresh for the rest of the summer :D

However, my money and mind aren't set on cleanliness - I've got some major plans that are in full swing and something is in the post... did someone say ITB's??? ;)

48381439.jpg

c41bf8c2.jpg

b193dcdb.jpg

KP

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links