Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Twin Exit

jonnybravo

well as the title says im looking for a new exhaust sytem on my t sport, i desperately want a twin exit system, just cat back for now i dont want to go down the tte backbox route as everyone seems to have done and besides im not a fan of the of twin tail pipe designs

so anyway i went to my local exhaust shop and they put it up on the ramps and first problem we saw was the fact that i would need a heatshield for the lhs of the car due to the filler neck, breathers, fuel tank etc so my first question is will the heatshield off a compressor (i assume they have them) fit on a normal tsport? i expect a bit of modification needed to fit

secondly to try and keep costs down rather than paying for all the new pipe work to be made up for the twin exit, would a cat back system off a compressor fit on my tsport (again i would expect a little modification to fit) and are there any videos floating around of just the compressor exhaust note, is it similar to the standard tsport sound does anyone know? also could anyone with a standard compressor exhaust just measure the gap between each exhaust pipe please so i can an idea of how it would sit under my bumper

my plan is to fit the compressor cat back system to get the twin exit i so badly want and then if it doesnt sound how i want it, swap the back boxes out for something more to my taste and i may go with a different tip rather than the usual 3" round but thats way down the line yet

also i was quite concerned about losing back pressure, thats the last thing i want to do is fit a nice new system and then find ive actually lost power, i was advised that i could do my twin exit as planned but to not put in the sports cat which i wanted as this would most probably reduce the back pressure

i know some people wont like the idea of a twin exit as it will seem as if im trying to replicate a compressor but i figured that anyone who knows enough about corollas will hopefully know that mine isnt one due to the lack of compressor rims and compressor rear bumper!!

sorry for the long winded post but this has been on my mind for days now and i had to get it all out before i exploded lol

thoughts and advice much appreciated

cheers

jon

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supra25

• jonnybravo

• LAA69

• KPARRIS-JONES

You could try asking the owner of the Pre facelift CTS that is for sale on eBay, i posted a link to his car on Wakey-T-Sport 's new wheels thread.

Are you looking at a compressor as a donor or buying the compressor system from new?

I'll do my best to try and film you my exhaust note when I get a chance.

I love the sound of my exhaust though, best feature of the car IMO!! Not too loud but loud enough and quite a unique noise.

Here r photos of my car with custom twin exhaust, i also owned a Tsport not a compressor. I havnt got a heat shield on the left hand side and ive had the exhaust fitted for almost a year now and no probs yet

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...=84545&st=0

I miss the exhaust being sooo shiny :(

You could try asking the owner of the Pre facelift CTS that is for sale on ebay, i posted a link to his car on Wakey-T-Sport 's new wheels thread.

Are you looking at a compressor as a donor or buying the compressor system from new?

well im gonna pm partsking now and get some quotes on a new stock compressor cat back if that proves too costly i will have to keep my eyes peeled for someone selling one but im very doubtful of finding one tbh, that cts in your link is gash mate, im betting the one side of that exhaust is just a fake lol

I love the sound of my exhaust though, best feature of the car IMO!! Not too loud but loud enough and quite a unique noise.

is yours standard is it? could you also measure the hole centres between the two pipes please mate?

Here r photos of my car with custom twin exhaust, i also owned a Tsport not a compressor. I havnt got a heat shield on the left hand side and ive had the exhaust fitted for almost a year now and no probs yet

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...=84545&st=0

I miss the exhaust being sooo shiny :(

wow, your system is exactly what i had in mind, ive seen your video on youtube before but assumed it was a compressor, with the rear lip it does look absolutley stunning, i may ask partsking how much that would be too ;)

no heatshield huh, the guy at my garage said he wouldnt be happy putting a backbox there without one, do you know if the compressors have them?

£900 for the ful system does seem quite alot but then again i got quoted £430 for cat back without sports cat or anything else and it defo looks like it was worth the outlay!

the rear lip has been discontinued unfortunately!!

yer i just found that out :censor:

was also told that the compressor cat back is way too expensive to consider :censor: :censor:

so back to the drawing board me thinks!

anyone shed any more light on the heatshield situation, i wouldnt be happy not having one to be honest

the rear lip has been discontinued unfortunately!!

yer i just found that out :censor:

was also told that the compressor cat back is way too expensive to consider :censor: :censor:

so back to the drawing board me thinks!

anyone shed any more light on the heatshield situation, i wouldnt be happy not having one to be honest

Im sure the exhaust place ur going to can make a heat shield for u, im sure it wudnt cost too much. Yeh my exhaust is expensive, but they r a known company and its VERY good quality as u can see from the pics

is yours standard is it? could you also measure the hole centres between the two pipes please mate?

Yes it's standard. What hole is this? Do you mean inside the exhaust or where the exhaust attaches to the mid section or what?

Yes it's standard. What hole is this? Do you mean inside the exhaust or where the exhaust attaches to the mid section or what?

nah i meant the distance between each tail pipe as it exits the car, if you know what i mean :D

If your not in a rush for it, I will do it on Saturday with the sound clip so you can have the whole lot in one.

If your not in a rush for it, I will do it on Saturday with the sound clip so you can have the whole lot in one.

yer mate thats fine, cheers :thumbsup:

Here are a couple of alternatives. Same lip (ACA Design), different mufflers. One is twin 4" Jap which I had on first, and the second is the alternative I will be sticking with in the end.

I have no need for a heat shield. The plastic cover underneath and tow hook need to go though. I have pics of the underside of the car as well, but we're rebuilding the entire setup tomorrow.

DSCN7800.jpg

DSCN7823.jpg

Cheers for the help fella, much appreciated ..... :censor:

hehe...would it really help you if I said what local shop in NORWAY I bought them from..?!? :rolleyes:

but ok...here you go: www.bsbildeler.no Knock yourself out :P

Thank you, i found the lights in the black but not in the chrome.

Cost £157.75 v £142.84 from the site i linked.

Thanks anyway ... :cheers:

Here are a couple of alternatives. Same lip (ACA Design), different mufflers. One is twin 4" Jap which I had on first, and the second is the alternative I will be sticking with in the end.

I have no need for a heat shield. The plastic cover underneath and tow hook need to go though. I have pics of the underside of the car as well, but we're rebuilding the entire setup tomorrow.

DSCN7800.jpg

DSCN7823.jpg

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

that rear splitter is freaking awesome, never seen it before, get that locally too?

exhaust looks and sound mint too, wasn't too sure how a 4" would look on a corolla, but now i know :D

i guessed the tow hook would have to go, did you relocate it or just get shot of it all together?

cheers for putting that up mate, you've just made a hard decision harder lol

But you can't (as far as I know) buy directly from TRC. Need to go via a distributor.

that rear splitter is freaking awesome, never seen it before, get that locally too?

exhaust looks and sound mint too, wasn't too sure how a 4" would look on a corolla, but now i know :D

i guessed the tow hook would have to go, did you relocate it or just get shot of it all together?

Rear splitter is ACA design and goes on the stock bumper (I'll be more info on my site over the weekend with pics). TRC tuning distributes it and I'm sure there is a supplier in England somewhere.

Twin 4" Jap style is too loud for my taste, which is why I took them off (looked great though). I will be selling the ones in the picture. Just sitting in my garage at the moment.

I am sticking with the twin chrome tips, but with a different exhaust flow layout than we first tried. I'll try to get a vid of it tomorrow when it's (hopefully) all in place the way I want it!!

Tow hook had to go and is also lying in my garage. You don't really need it with that rear skirt, cuz the tow line would rip it all to shreads!

DSCN7800.jpg

DSCN7823.jpg

This rolla brings a new definition of sexually attractive....... :rolleyes:

:lol:

thanks guys... :chinese:

There might be a complete project thread coming here soon..... :rolleyes:

now...back to that exhaust thing!

I'll try to put some more pics up later tonight or tomorrow. I have pics of the pipework underneath in the config that's shown in the pics, but pipes are being rerouted as we speak in order to get a more family friendly sound.

But you can't (as far as I know) buy directly from TRC. Need to go via a distributor.

Rear splitter is ACA design and goes on the stock bumper (I'll be more info on my site over the weekend with pics). TRC tuning distributes it and I'm sure there is a supplier in England somewhere.

Twin 4" Jap style is too loud for my taste, which is why I took them off (looked great though). I will be selling the ones in the picture. Just sitting in my garage at the moment.

I am sticking with the twin chrome tips, but with a different exhaust flow layout than we first tried. I'll try to get a vid of it tomorrow when it's (hopefully) all in place the way I want it!!

Tow hook had to go and is also lying in my garage. You don't really need it with that rear skirt, cuz the tow line would rip it all to shreads!

selling the 4" system you mean? i could be very interested in that mate, keep me posted on that one!!

well if you think, in the highly unlikely event of actually needing to use the rear tow hook, there are plenty of other places under neath to anchor on to, but like you said if i had a lip on there its un-useable anyway!!

looking forward to the video mate!! o do you have a link to the aca website, as i tried searching for it to no avail!!

thats it......I'm having twin 4 inchers to replace my Compressor exhaust..............whoop whooop!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links