Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uk Scrappage Scheme - May 2009.

AygoYugo

Please try to keep ON TOPIC.................UK SCRAPPAGE SCHEME

There are other areas within the Aygo forum for discussion of specifications.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AygoYugo

• Darth Sabre

• ewen1605

• andrewfq

Well (scuff plates or not) Good Luck with that!

ok here is the breakdown of toyota's scheme

£1000 from the government

£850 from toyota uk

£150 from the dealer

= £2000

however be aware that if you go for the 3 year access ,APR on scrapagge deals are 8.9%

whereas if you have the cash or trade in equivalent you can get it as low as 3.9%.

citroen c1 @ 9%

be careful as some dealers will get their £150 contribution off you in some way

£850 from toyota uk

£150 from the dealer

= £2000

Yes - those are the figures that I recognise... ;)

...But my dealer was still quite happy to offer 2300 below list price, i.e. 6200 for

an Aygo Blue 3-door manual listed at 8500.

£850 from toyota uk

£150 from the dealer

= £2000

Yes - those are the figures that I recognise... ;)

...But my dealer was still quite happy to offer 2300 below list price, i.e. 6200 for

an Aygo Blue 3-door manual listed at 8500.

My dealer wouldn't budge on the price of £6985 (Aygo black with A/C) as it was a scrappage deal. He did try to push the paint and interior treatment for £290 but I decided against it. He said that dealer numbers were being capped and he expected that the scrappage deal would be very short lived due to volumes currently moving...though I guess he would say that!

Glad I found the forum :) Im a total Toyota noob, in fact total new car noob.

(I have never bought a new car b4 but this offer is too good to let pass)

I have decided on a 5dr Blue and have a '96 polo 96 to trade in.

My dealer won't budge apart from a set of mats.

£8835 - £2000 Scrapage and £200 Deposit =£6635

Few questions if you don't mind.

Any body know of a dealer that will save me some pennies in central Scotland?

Is it worth trying to work servicing into the deal? (if so how much for three years)

Is the extra £££'s for Supagard worth it?

why are mats so expensive?

If all goes to plan I will be out this Saturday to do a deal.

Thanks in advance

Pamela.

I've just ordered a 3dr black with air con and a tacho under the scrappage scam (sorry scheme).

Last Friday the base price was £7040 but by the time I got to the showroom on Saturday morning it had gone up to £7285. :angry:

I felt like walking out but thought I might as well have a look at the figures:-£2000 for my old car+£500 from myself=£110 per month PCP for 36 months with a GMFV of about £3500.

He wanted me to sign for Gap insurance (£400),a service plan(£11 per month) and supagard.I refused all of them (I still might do the service plan).I found Gap insurance for £90 for three years,the supagard seems like a waste and would end up costing double with the finance.

Can't wait to collect it on the 18th but will have to chase them I think to get a reg number so I can get it insured and taxed.

Iv'e never done a PCP before so I'm hoping it all goes OK.

Is the car not brand new? Im getting mine from charles hurst and the sales rep i dealed with has been in constant contact with me concerning Reg Plates, Delivery estimates etc.

My dealer wouldn't budge on the price of £6985 (Aygo black with A/C) as it was a scrappage deal.

I got three dealers to compete with each other. ;)

I put my cards on the table - I told them what I wanted & I told them what I was doing.

The best price would get the order. The differential was 475 pounds stirling. B)

Is the car not brand new? Im getting mine from charles hurst and the sales rep i dealed with has been in constant contact with me concerning Reg Plates, Delivery estimates etc.

I hope it's new!

I'm going in Saturday to sign the finance forms,they said they'd sort the reg number out then.They are doing a weeks free insurance to get it on the road with a tax disc.

Is this service plan for £11 per month a good idea?

Glad I found the forum :) Im a total Toyota noob, in fact total new car noob.

(I have never bought a new car b4 but this offer is too good to let pass)

I have decided on a 5dr Blue and have a '96 polo 96 to trade in.

My dealer won't budge apart from a set of mats.

£8835 - £2000 Scrapage and £200 Deposit =£6635

Few questions if you don't mind.

Any body know of a dealer that will save me some pennies in central Scotland?

Is it worth trying to work servicing into the deal? (if so how much for three years)

Is the extra £££'s for Supagard worth it?

why are mats so expensive?

If all goes to plan I will be out this Saturday to do a deal.

Thanks in advance

Pamela.

I phoned round Arnold Clark Stirling, Western Toyota, Dunfermline and Struan Perth and found that they would all do some sort of deal. Ask to ghet mats as part of your deal, if you get one .

Good luck !

I know it's slightly off topic but a few people have mentioned service plans. If you buy a dealers service plan you are stuck with that dealer even if you aren't happy with the service.

But Toyota also sell a service plan that is valid at any Toyota dealer in the country. It's normally cheaper than the dealers own plan, I paid £279 for mine last year for 3 years of servicing.

The only problem is the dealers aren't exactly keen on selling these plans so you need to push them a bit but ALL dealers should be selling them.

I would advise against buying an aygo.

2 major reasons for me

1) My aygo leaks badly into the boot and mr.T hasn't fixed it in 3 attempts so far (the car stinks of damp yet they will not replace my mats as they are not covered by warranty :angry: )

2) The car is not powerful enough, yes it is tagged as a city car but you'd expect it to handle 70 up a small motorway incline?

On the numerous times I've been given a courtesy car (that i've had to pay for!) for the leaking they've given me a yaris 1.0. Excellent car and it does not suffer from either of the above! Real build quality and for me the real toyota base model! I'd go for it instead!

Service Plan 36 X 11 = 396

Pay As You Go 89 + 165 + 79 = 333

Either way, the saving on Road Tax will just about pay for it :thumbsup:

I hope it's new!

I'm going in Saturday to sign the finance forms,they said they'd sort the reg number out then.They are doing a weeks free insurance to get it on the road with a tax disc.

Ah, if you havnt signed the finance agreement yet then the car probably isnt ordered, hence why you dont know about the reg details.

2 major reasons for me

1) My aygo leaks badly into the boot and mr.T hasn't fixed it in 3 attempts so far (the car stinks of damp yet they will not replace my mats as they are not covered by warranty :angry: )

2) The car is not powerful enough, yes it is tagged as a city car but you'd expect it to handle 70 up a small motorway incline?

Isn't your car a leaky 2007 model ? We're scrapping for a 2009 watertight model. :fear:

998cc will always have limitations, we have to balance price and performance. :pepsi:

the reassurance of Toyota reliability :yahoo:

Urban myth. Well it used to be true, but not now. They're no better than any other manufacturer, just read all the unhappy customers in the Yaris Aygo and Auris forums.

Urban myth. Well it used to be true, but not now. They're no better than any other manufacturer, just read all the unhappy customers in the Yaris Aygo and Auris forums.

I wanted my 10 grand budget and the scrappage deal to support the British Car Industry.

Couldn't find any British Car Industry. :blow::blow::blow:

being told 11 weeks delivery on a black with a/c

checked with citroen, same delivery for a new build

Aygo is powerful enough, in Finland the speed limit is 120 km/h which is about 75 mph. And Aygo runs without problems. I have the MultiMode version. Also I believe the 1.0 engine is the same on Aygo and Yaris and Aygo is lighter car.

Aygo is also very reliable car, 100 thousand is made on each year and like any other there may be some with problems. Before I went from Yaris to Aygo I checked some statistics. Auto Zeitung published a statistics on Germany's MOT and on smaller cars Aygo is second after Mazda 2 with only 4,6 problems per 100 cars.

There is difference on dealers and services, as with every cars also. So getting the service plan from Toyota is better than on some dealer which may be good or not.

Also I would mention to someone thinking about Aygo, it is very fun car to drive and holds the value very well!

2 major reasons for me

On the numerous times I've been given a courtesy car (that i've had to pay for!) for the leaking they've given me a yaris 1.0. Excellent car and it does not suffer from either of the above! Real build quality and for me the real toyota base model! I'd go for it instead!

AygoYugo,thanks for the breakdown on service costs,I think I'll just cough up at the time.

The savings in road tax,insurance and fuel works out at over £50 a month. :D

Darth Sabre,the car's in the yard round the back of the dealers,I'm due to collect it this Monday.I hope there's not going to be any delays,I can't wait to get me sweaty mitts on it. :yahoo:

I wanted my 10 grand budget and the scrappage deal to support the British Car Industry.

Couldn't find any British Car Industry. :blow::blow::blow:

Bit harsh!! Toyota have a superb plant up in Burnaston, Honda in Swindon, Nissan in Sunderland... The Japanese Manufacturers build a load of cars in the UK and truely support the UK Motor Industry!

Teemu - I've had my aygo around 97mph and probably could have got 100 but that's not my point. Up a slight incline the car does not have the torque to sustain speed. I have to drop a gear and floor the throttle to stay at 60mph. Bear in mind that this is with only me in the car (84kgs) and not another 3 adults - I wouldn't even like to attempt that.

And as far as I know the yaris has a 4cylinder engine so it has more torque and HP (I've done the same motorway journey in both cars and there is a significant difference). You should not have to gun the engine to stay at 60mph - its not good for any engine...let alone such a small petrol one.

AygoYugo - If they've fixed the problem for the 09 model (which it's too early to tell) then surely that would mean they know where the specific problem is? Therefore they should be able to fix my leak....which they can't seem to? I would not hold up much hope for any model of aygo - I assume they kept the same frame and chasis...in which case I would doubt they've fixed it.

But please don't think I'm just some1 slagging the aygo off here just to annoy you all...I did buy one after all. That said I wouldn't buy another!

Just ordered a Aygo black a/c 5 door with a full size steel spare for £7080 from lookers that I pick up on 19th May. Traded in a 1992 ex bt transit that I payed £500 for in 2004 :)

Insurance with AA is £150, Tax £35 and fuel consumption 25 per gallon better. The yearly savings from my van will pay for a huge chunk of the car.

I test drove the Ka and Mazda2 but they felt like proper cars and I prefered the quirky feel of the Aygo, reminded me of the original mini.

Babyape Lookers still have black a/c in stock I believe.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links