Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt4 Engine Removal

Fawbs

cant remember how it was to be fair. id get a heat shield set up otherwise your heating your cold pipe.

hows the DP coming on?

No i still need some parts to finish it off think i said in the post above. To be honest either way you go with the routing the pipe always hangs over the manifold so isnt much difference except this route is shorter and looks so much better :)

Didn't do it yesterday cause i was doing this but we are doing it tomorrow night.

Is that a new manifold or have you had it ceramic coated?

I can map pretty much anything but I only have connection leads for emanage, power fc, vi-pec and link ecu's so far. Motec has been a pig for me to get my hands on, the Scottish dealer has been too busy having fun in the time attack to let Me come through to see how the interface works

i run a MoTec M4 the interface isnt too hard to understand to be fair.

not sure on the new windows based on though for the M400 ETC

Right we only did a few hours today and we weren't on the ramp as woody was using it so we decided to work on the wastegate relocation pipe. We chopped up some pipes to create the correct routing. Time passes too fast doing this but its pretty much ready to weld in place, was a right pain to come up with something that will work, mainly because you think you have placed the wastegate too high but because of the great 205 bonnet the recess allows you great clearance. This is where the wastegate is going to sit pretty much.

07092010720.jpg

Its just ceramic coated, got rid of the bridge in the middle of the manifold to create a single entry.

I may nip up to see you chris if you can map power fc, if you see the pro version kicking about anywhere for sale let me know as it has launch control

soon be MOT time then?

bet you've forgot what its like to drive haven't you

Blimey! To think it's been a year of you doing this now! :o

It's about time all your hard work was paid off now I think. :thumbsup:

If there's a pro version going I'll be having it myself, tried to get one from apexi but they never even replied. I've got the datalogit black which let's me map any apexi PFC

Has it really been that long :S its not too bad now as i have somewhere to store her and with winter looming its not too much of a worry anymore. Went up there straight after work to tweek the intercooler route, still waiting on a few things that shud turn up tomorrow. Can't tell you how much better the route is, been a pain as i still dont have my 10mm flexi head rat ring so takes forever with a combi spanner. Only thing i need to do really is change the turbo drain for a braided hose which i will do next oil change plus some other minor stuff like windscreen, tyres and arb. If i could weld i'd have had this done so long ago :S

Gauges i can do anytime, got a nice adapter on the turbo oil feed line for sensors. Only other mod i was looking at was a small rad directly after the turbo but i really don't have any room.

lol Lord have mercy on the manual spanner... :lol: Got myself a rat-spanner set the other week. Has made working on the Prelude a whole lot easier. But it's still comparable to jumping ten feet in the air with a brick tied to yer bollocks... :o

I have to leave the GTi outside this winter... :o Under a tarp luckily but still...

Yeah, power fc's, emanage blues and I think emanage ultimates are all discontinued, it's purely down to the cost of them compaired to the new breed of replacement board standalone ecu's. That why we've got ourselves into Link and Vi-PEC ecu's, for circa £850 you have a full standalone ecu, you can also have launch control, flat-shift, anti-lag and traction control at low speeds for maximum acceleration. These unit's are like the PFC on steroids! Lol

No, you replace the board with a Link or Vi-PEC or something similar board, the standard ecu's are un- mappable unless the ROM chip has been replaced by the likes of 'MINES'

ah fair nuff mate. Thanks. :)

I always hated the way this technology is so ancient... :angry:

Thought so... oh well. I guess I need to wait until I can afford the Haltech PS1000

• 2 weeks later...

Right i've put an st202 throttle cable on that fits perfectly and is so much shorter, great mod. Got some second hand wheel arche liners for it cause mine were well and truly ******, can start putting the under trays back on now as its been a while since i've had them on, thinking of getting the c-one undertray. Made some progress with the screamer and the wastegate relocation pipe, with any luck they will be finished tomorrow. Been working on ben's 1960's landrover, i managed to find out what was wrong with it as i stuck my finger in the choke which made it start up, total fluke ha choke cable was knackered.

Also i bought a kawasaki kx 250 2 stroke motocross bike :D going to get into as i used to watch it all the time on tv, i'm planning some big jumps so expect some broken bones. Will get some pictures as i am picking it up at the end of the month.

sweet.

lol at the choke. its amazing how many times we miss the obvious :D

bike sounds good, need pics when you get it :thumbsup:

Thought so... oh well. I guess I need to wait until I can afford the Haltech PS1000

any particular reason for saving for the Haltech? there's sooo many cheaper units available now, replacement boards or new wire in units from Link for example

any particular reason for saving for the Haltech? there's sooo many cheaper units available now, replacement boards or new wire in units from Link for example

Honestly, it's because I feel I can trust it. The company selling it use it often and understand how it works and can offer some great support which is nice to know. Plus it helps for me to buy as many parts from one place as I can, saves me a lot of hassle having to track people down if things go wrong.

Not that they will. :D

nice bike :drool:

hope you have some body armour too lol

Quit wasting money on a death trap and finish what will be a stupidly fast car! Lol.

Kparris-jones, good enough reasons as any. Nothing worse than buying into a system and no-one locally can be trusted to work it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links