Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2011 Plans For You Corolla

LOZZA_T_SPORT

Im so looking forward to tomorrow cant wait to drive her with fresh b/fluid, braided lines and new spark plugs :rolleyes:

How did it go with the brakelines?

Easy to fit?

Do you feel much difference?

Did you buy the brake lines from Fensport?

Cheers

• Like 1

How did it go with the brakelines?

Easy to fit?

Do you feel much difference?

Did you buy the brake lines from Fensport?

Cheers

Very easy to fit mate, bleed with new motul b/fluid.

I can feel a slight difference in the pedal feel, but will hopefully feel more on a track day .

I did buy the lines from Fen sport :thumbsup:

Thanks Buddy

I will go ahead and get the brake lines.

Heading to the Ring in easter so the car has got to be fit and ready ;)

Just got my new Bilsteins today.

Cant wait to get them on.

2 things mate, firstly where did you purchase them from and how much ?, secondly please do a review of how the car works with them :thumbsup:

blistein = race pedigree. top buy!

i dare say a decent shock and spring combo would run rings around the majority of coilovers. wouldnt mind caning a t-sport round 'stone thats got more sorted handling than mine.

Just got my new Bilsteins today.

Cant wait to get them on.

2 things mate, firstly where did you purchase them from and how much ?, secondly please do a review of how the car works with them :thumbsup:

I think I answered this one earlier, but I bought them in Denmark for 5200DKr=GBP600.

I will post a review once I get them fitted, expect in 2-3 weeks time.

• 4 weeks later...

I have finally got the new bits on

the car steers like a dream, and the comfort is still good. I think the Bilstein/Eibach combo works very well.

Of course there are also the new anti roll bar and the strut brace. not sure how much these do as I swapped everything in one go.

But overall the car handles much nicer now.

I also got new brake discs all round + ferrodo DS2500 pads and Dot 5.1 fluid, so now it stops as well.

Going to nurburgring in easter to give it a good blasting!

post-96174-0-93325700-1299755220_thumb.j

post-96174-0-63684700-1299755231_thumb.j

post-96174-0-88007000-1299755241_thumb.j

post-96174-0-56448200-1299755253_thumb.j

post-96174-0-34524700-1299755270_thumb.j

post-96174-0-76512900-1299755282_thumb.j

post-96174-0-25564800-1299755291_thumb.j

Full respray is my plan. And we have it. :D :lol:

Thought I'd share with you all :P

Right my plans are:

Lowered by 35mm: This is being done on Saturday

Paint the calipers and hubs black: Have got the paint just need a few spare hours to get them done.

Planning on braided brake hoses

Tidy up the paintwork, rear bumper to be resprayed

Front and rear strut braces, think I will save up for the TRD ones as they just look the beans

Was going to fit HID's but with the impending MOT rule changes have decided not to bother.. I have some nightbreakers going in on Saturday and some matching side lights etc so hopefully these will suffice.

Headlights also need to be buffed to get rid of the glazing

There will be more but can't remember what else right now

I also have a Golf GTI that is having a lot of work done to it so it could be expensive this year

The other thing I want to do and it is quite a biggy for me was that I want to change the headlining from the cream to a anthracite type finish yet to look into if I can get a replacement lining or if I will have to paint it

I've only owned my G6R a week now but have a few plans for it this year.

1. New alloys - the old ones are in really poor condition and I'm not sure its worth the £ (I don't have the time) to refurb them - might as well get a new set when the current tyres are nackered.

2. Clear side indicators: looking at these on egay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CRYSTAL-CLEAR-SIDE-REPEATER-INDICATORS-TOYOTA-COROLLA-/400147370933?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d2aa453b5

3. Already started on the stereo upgrade. The previous owners Alpine cassette player head unit and 6CD changer in the glovebox is a no-no on both counts, popped in my Sony USB front-end but need to do it properly.

4. Pull out a few dints on the car, and touch up a few scratches/stone chips etc.

More will come I'm sure!

I've only owned my G6R a week now but have a few plans for it this year.

1. New alloys - the old ones are in really poor condition and I'm not sure its worth the £ (I don't have the time) to refurb them - might as well get a new set when the current tyres are nackered.

2. Clear side indicators: looking at these on egay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CRYSTAL-CLEAR-SIDE-REPEATER-INDICATORS-TOYOTA-COROLLA-/400147370933?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d2aa453b5

3. Already started on the stereo upgrade. The previous owners Alpine cassette player head unit and 6CD changer in the glovebox is a no-no on both counts, popped in my Sony USB front-end but need to do it properly.

4. Pull out a few dints on the car, and touch up a few scratches/stone chips etc.

More will come I'm sure!

Sounds like a good start, keep us posted

Well I have had the new springs fitted today and the rolla is sitting just nice, low enough but not to cause a problem when going over speed bumps :)

So thats one to do job done just a load more to get through now

Well I have had the new springs fitted today and the rolla is sitting just nice, low enough but not to cause a problem when going over speed bumps :)

So thats one to do job done just a load more to get through now

Pics?

• 3 weeks later...

God I need to find some spare time so I can fit my new Alpine head unit and accessories.

Mind you I have fitted new genuine floor mats which have helpped life the interior :)

I'm a little confused with what to do with my 99 SR. I don't want to ruin it buy putting on lots of none OEM parts.. yet would like to tune it up a fair bit.

I have looked at everything from big engine swaps to suspension changes.. yet as each month goes buy of me not making my mind up, its more money in the car mod kitty...

I'm a little confused with what to do with my 99 SR. I don't want to ruin it buy putting on lots of none OEM parts.. yet would like to tune it up a fair bit.

I have looked at everything from big engine swaps to suspension changes.. yet as each month goes buy of me not making my mind up, its more money in the car mod kitty...

what do you want from your car? show?speed?handling? if you want to keep it sleeper style then engine, brakes and suspension and leave the rest alone :thumbsup:

put it this way the longer you take the more ,mods you will be able to do, not a bad thing :yahoo:

I think (?) I would like the car to handle a little better, but also put down a lot more power. I did have huge 300bhp figures in my head, but the other day at work I took out a new 2011 1.6-litre EcoBoost Ford Focus (the joys of my job lol) its got 148bhp does 47.1mpg, has a top speed of 130mph, and does 0-62mph in 8.6sec. This is pretty good for a family car.. but what got me was the 235Nm of sustained torque.. the car just flew the moment I touched the throttle :wacko: This has made me think that a Celica GT4 engine conversion would just be insane possibly too much for the Corolla E11 ?.. and thus maybe the £5k (conversion cost) would be better spent doing something else ?

This has made me think that a Celica GT4 engine conversion would just be insane possibly too much for the Corolla E11 ?.. and thus maybe the £5k (conversion cost) would be better spent doing something else ?

:drool: id do that! i dont think it would be to much, whats a st205 bhp, 240ish? leave it standard get an lsd and some huge brakes,decent shocks and springs and some sticky tyres :yahoo: depends if you want turbo or na though, possibility's are endless

and yeah the new focus is quick but by god its dull lol no passion at all

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links