Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2011 Plans For You Corolla

LOZZA_T_SPORT

I plan to set fire to mine!

Reliability of my 05 plate 52k car is getting annoying.

Since purchase in April last year and 16k of driving its had;

New gearbox bearings

2 Clutches

nsf and nsr wheelbearings

Aux belt tensioner

Lift bolts.

It now requires;

Another clutch, the latest is so noisy again already

Osf wheel bearing

Air bag fault correction

CD player will not load CD's until the car is warm inside, have to bang the top of the dash!

Now fed up, think its going to have to go, but I will be lucky to get 4k for it.

Big depreciation and poor reliability, wheel bearings at less than 60k is so ridiculous, my previous car (leon tdi cupra) had its first wheel bearing replaced at 149k!

Ouch.... mines on 73k and so far only issues have been a seized slider pin (£30) and a blowing exhaust (£35).... touch wood everything else seems ok....

Daym that's a lemon of a rolla!

I've never heard of them being that awful... I'd chip it in and get another. The CTS is just awesome and we never get tired of hitting Lift! :toast:

simple,to pull a 12 second at pod :yahoo:

so ur buying a new car then cause there no way ur gunna do that in a rolla sorry :rolleyes:

my 2011 plans are first off all to sort out the suspension.

got a progress technology rear anti-roll bar and a set of Eibach springs waiting to go on.

probably going to order a set of bilstein B8 to go on at the same time.

also going to upgrade the brake pads.

Clawliger: I will let you know if the progress bar is any good as soon as I get it on.

expect late march, as no point at the moment doing too many performance mods here in wintery Denmark.

Plans for the Rolla in 2011? to sell her and move on, even though she has been the best car i have ever owned, it is and will be hard to put her up for sale but i just fancy a change.

Sooo bloody reliable like i would never have believed.

Be interesting to see how many of these dreams come true ......

simple,to pull a 12 second at pod :yahoo:

so ur buying a new car then cause there no way ur gunna do that in a rolla sorry :rolleyes:

lol not exactly, he has a 3S-GTE packed under there :rolleyes: :P

Plans for the Rolla in 2011? to sell her and move on, even though she has been the best car i have ever owned, it is and will be hard to put her up for sale but i just fancy a change.

Sooo !Removed! reliable like i would never have believed.

Be interesting to see how many of these dreams come true ......

What do you fancy next?

Seems like us T sport owners are a dying breed lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next weekend im fianlly getting my braided lines fitted with up rated b/fluid being used aswell

Still looking at what decent single din head unit to go for, which is very i-pod friendly

Time has been my issue aswell mate, now im not working weekends for a bit im going to be using the time on the CTS :thumbsup:

just bought some bmw e30 bbs wheels sprayed them white there on now springs then front driver and pasanger recaros or bride seats and trrack down a g6r grill

My plans for 2011

-Coilovers Most likely Bc's

-Tints

-Two spare corolla alloys full equiped with Toyo 888!!

got my TTE front bumper sorted, so don't really think i am going to do anything else (T-Sport bumper for sale!).

I really want to mod a bit more, but gf will go spare as i am meant to be saving money towards a house deposit lol :rolleyes:

... maybe later on in the year.

yeah my missus is doin my head in. save save save. :( the car wont mod itself, jesus :rolleyes:

Try having a house, girlfriend and a daughter.... modding comes 4th :-( leaving very little dosh!!

Just ordered a set of Bilstein B8 shocks to go on with my Eibachs.

I also ordered some Ferrodo DS2500 front pads.

I will get the parts next weekend, but don't expect to get them fitted before some time in March.

I am going to post photos of the upgrades once they are done.

cheers

K

Where did you order the shocks from mate and what was the cost ? :thumbsup:

My plans for 2011

-Coilovers Most likely Bc's

-Tints

-Two spare corolla alloys full equiped with Toyo 888!!

Planning on some track days?

Ive got the 2 spare alloys, but with snow tyres on so I can get to work! would much rather have a set of 888's on!

Looking to buy a set of new alloys when I get near to the limit on my proxes, rota boost i think

With the original corolla alloys i'll Stick a pair of 888's on the front for pod and also two snow tyres on the other two for winter

yup!!

Where did you order the shocks from mate and what was the cost ? :thumbsup:

I bought the shocks in Denmark and they cost me 5300 DKr = GBP600,-

Yeah, Bilsteins ain't cheap but from what I have read they are the best. Yes, I know that I could get coilovers for the price of bilsteins + eibachs, but I simply can't be bothered with all the adjustment, corner weighting etc etc. and btw after one danish salt sprayed winter I am sure the coilovers wont be adjustable anymore.

So now I am just looking forward to get the parts bolted on and see how it feels.

Well i have a bit of a list, K&N typhoon this month, nxt month a cat back then finally new wheels and springs by summer! but i also have a titanium exhaust for the blade lol all depends on the funds :blink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links