Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avg Mpg?

Lisa H

It should not really of needed a service at 6000 miles & possibly only got a stamp in a book as it was checked while in for some Re-call work.

(unless there is an Invoice or bill showing what it did have done, or was claimed to be done)

Should not be needing anything replaced now either,

but worth having someone look to see if it has a nice clean airfilter.

(fluids are maybe now needing replaced because of its age not its mileage done)

re Tyre pressures.

You will not be the first person to buy a car and just assume they are correctly inflated.

Not a very safe practice not to know what your pressures are at tho. (or to check regularly)

The Fuel computer does not reset untill 10 litres is put in.

Often this needs to be more like 12 litres.

Some Forecourts pumps can cut out with only 3/4 of a tank filled.

Even when one cuts out when quite full you sometimes get another 4 or 5 litres in.

I often hear 42mpg as an average.

I had to drive very very hard for a few hundred miles with a 1.0 CVT to get it to go below 42 miles per gallon from a tank full,

and usually meant getting an average of around 48mpg for an average sort of journey between fill ups..

60mpg can be done pretty easily without having to Hypermile.

Motorway runs going with the allowable speeds should get you 50mpg plus (without Aircon on) & still 42mpg with the chance of getting points.

Passengers & luggage greatly reduces MPG with only a small engine tho.

george

PS I am driving a Peugeot Bipper Tepee 2tronic just now and 60mpg + is very easy to do.

(you get 'Tailgated/overtaken/held up' just as bad as you do in an iQ even when you are nipping on)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, have now done another fill up and car, town driving only, is doing 36.5 mpg !!!!

I did check the tyre pressures though and front was about 23 and back about 24 so they were all well down. Will look forward to my next fill up to see if that was the problem.

Will let you know soon.

Really this all depends on so many different factors its untrue! I mostly use my iQ for driving to and from work in the city (ST.Pauls area), and that is again mostly stop/start, so trying to get anything above 30mpg is a bonus. On the longer runs that I've done I get above 40, but not really monitored it.

Fish

I'm getting 43 at the minute on an 1.0 manual. But my journeys are very short, less than a mile to work and general running around.

i.ve had mine 2 years i can just about get it to average 65 in the summer with a fair wind,winter time 60mpg,i,m ok with that

I used to get 64mpg calculated on my Scangauge, which is accurately calibrated, on long runs on 60mph limited roads through the Scottish borders, for example, in my first IQ.(58 plate)

My second IQ (2011 model) is not so good giving 59-60mpg for the same type of use.

Running around here in normal driving it is usually about 55mpg.

Might be that the 60MPG max reading on my dash also adjusts the running MPG. Current reading is average of 42.3MPG. I'll be checking how clean the air filter is tomorrow once I've woken up after night shift.

Fish

i can only go on what the mpg says i,m very easy with it on the drive to work, the guys from toyota did take it for a sevice the other day and it came back with 47mpg it did read 60mpg before its only a 40 mile round trip,must have given it a work out.

Mine is somewhere between 48-52. and mine doesn't have the standard air filter and its multi drive. I can if played with and mega careful get 55 but thats very restrictive driving

David

Finally! I hate Talk Talk, just been waiting 3 minutes for it to decide to work so I can reply to this thread. FFS!

Sorry about that. We have seen ours just over the 55 mpg mark on the display (taken 29-01-2012). Don't know how accurate that is but it looks good compared to a possibly never attainable 32mpg from our old T reg' 2.0 Auto Mondeo.

When driving at a regular steady speed it shows 60mpg (instant mpg of course). That's at anywhere around 40mph to 70mph so far, and, true reading or not, it does encourage us to drive with economy in mind.

We even saw this other one at 58.7mpg (taken 13 October 2011). It was the 'right' average, not the instant one. What a car eh! Don't ya just love the iQ?

Well, was just about to post this onto the forum and guess what? Talk Talk decided to disconnect! WYFBI?

post-113536-0-05525800-1327860885_thumb.

post-113536-0-64394700-1327861073_thumb.

I manage to average 71 / 72mpg in the first 50 miles but after around 200 miles this decreases to 65mpg.

I have been hypermiling the car ever since I got it in 2011 and now exactly how to get the best out of it now.

£35 of fuel gets me 350 miles + and I can't imagine being without the IQ now.

That's brilliant Dizeee. Our instant mpg reading won't go over 60mpg, and the average mpg is not likely to rise much above -if at all- for the roads we regulalrly drive on. A little bit of dual carriageway now and again for a few miles, but no motorway driving with it yet, so, we'll have to wait and see on that score.

We're the same, would not be without our iQ either, we just love it's qualities. It's a little like having a new puppy. At first you are not sure, then it grows on you, and soon you are enjoying the miniature thrills it provides. It's like a completely new form of motoring for us. My wife has got her confidence back too -after a Mercedes driver side swiped our Rover on a roundabout. He didn't want to slow down or wait... anyway, the iQ has given her the confidence she had before. Now I'm worried as she used to drive as fast as me. :rolleyes:

my thinking entirely Dan...............!

cheers barryc

Well guys, that's Dan and BarryC, my wife and I (don't worry, we don't sound posh when saying that) drive with a lighter right foot than we used to. It's also got now so that I can tell when to change gear earlier than the Shift indicator lights up. Most of the time anyway, and of course, this being a hilly area where we live, it's not always possible to change up when it says so. Also, there is the added incentive not to be paying out so much on fuel to the Gov, who stealeth from us every day and findeth new ways to tax us for as long as we draw breath, and hereafter too. Who said ***** Turpin was dead? :2guns: (Man, I cannot believe it has asteri... ast... deleted the work D I C K for Mr. Turpin. I wonder if his name was really Richard?) In addition, the roads around here, out in wonderful South Shropshire, are close to the better maintained roads of Wales, with the downside of them being heavily policed by over zealous troglodites in uniform. BTW, I am not rascist. I have many friends of the Welsh persuasion. Also, we get stuck behind tractors a lot, especially in the summer. Still, we have yet to experience a summer in the iQ.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally! I hate Talk Talk, just been waiting 3 minutes for it to decide to work so I can reply to this thread. FFS!

Sorry about that. We have seen ours just over the 55 mpg mark on the display (taken 29-01-2012). Don't know how accurate that is but it looks good compared to a possibly never attainable 32mpg from our old T reg' 2.0 Auto Mondeo.

When driving at a regular steady speed it shows 60mpg (instant mpg of course). That's at anywhere around 40mph to 70mph so far, and, true reading or not, it does encourage us to drive with economy in mind.

We even saw this other one at 58.7mpg (taken 13 October 2011). It was the 'right' average, not the instant one. What a car eh! Don't ya just love the iQ?

Well, was just about to post this onto the forum and guess what? Talk Talk decided to disconnect! WYFBI?

Yes my brother is on Talk Talk and and only gets about 4mb service and is unreliable. My Virgin Media gets about 27mb at times. My brothers here http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z459/marcandsebe/77114c3e.jpg are the ones under 4mb, the large ones are mine, plus my mobile test at 1.32mb.

Now back to the topic. How on earth are you getting those figures, mine for all local town driving is about 23 at the moment. I think there might be a fault though as my time on the display keeps going out of sync. 23 is lower than my 2.5L turbo diesel 190bhp Nissan Navara, which is doing 28, so it can't be right. If any of you have a 1.33 multidrive, what reading are you getting?

Regards

Marc

Well Marc, -SORRY-OFF TOPIC- that is some speed. Admittedly not all the time, but even a stable connection would be nice. Typical! I just went to use the Talk Talk Speed Test and it's not available at the moment, so.... :disgust: USELESS! Using Speedtest.net I got a Ping of 74ms, Download Speed 1.42Mbps, and Upload 0.37Mbps just now.

I have been talking to a neighbour and he told me that he has his modem connected to the upstairs phone socket. That it's rubbish what they say having to have it in the main socket. So, I'm trying it now. Those results are the first from using the modem -wireless- upstairs. I'm going to keep close tabs on it and see how well it copes. Then I may go out and purchase a cable to fit -length wise that is- from modem to desktop PC.

Back On Topic-

Now then. You can see from the photo's of our AVG MPG above that we have the right details showing? I am on a longer journey tomorrow, a whole two hours (plus same on return) with motorway and quite a bit of dual carriageway driving. So, I'll report back on if the AVG MPG changes by much. At the moment it's on 52.? MPG, due to a number of shorter journeys. :driving:

My last tank got me 47mpg calculated, not on the trip computer although that pretty much agreed with me.

That's an IQ3 so 1.3 petrol engine and 6 speed manual gearbox and my drive to work is a couple of miles on a dual carriageway then country roads the last 10 miles and off course, the reverse in the evenings. :)

Craig.

Well Marc, -SORRY-OFF TOPIC- that is some speed. Admittedly not all the time, but even a stable connection would be nice. Typical! I just went to use the Talk Talk Speed Test and it's not available at the moment, so.... :disgust: USELESS! Using Speedtest.net I got a Ping of 74ms, Download Speed 1.42Mbps, and Upload 0.37Mbps just now.

I have been talking to a neighbour and he told me that he has his modem connected to the upstairs phone socket. That it's rubbish what they say having to have it in the main socket. So, I'm trying it now. Those results are the first from using the modem -wireless- upstairs. I'm going to keep close tabs on it and see how well it copes. Then I may go out and purchase a cable to fit -length wise that is- from modem to desktop PC.

Back On Topic-

Now then. You can see from the photo's of our AVG MPG above that we have the right details showing? I am on a longer journey tomorrow, a whole two hours (plus same on return) with motorway and quite a bit of dual carriageway driving. So, I'll report back on if the AVG MPG changes by much. At the moment it's on 52.? MPG, due to a number of shorter journeys. :driving:

I just tested mine with Speedtest.net and got 31Ms Ping 27.34Mbps Download and 3.04Mbps Upload. That's a wireless network too.

On topic.

I got 45mpg on a 2 hour run, mainly motorway driving a while back. That's with the iQ3 Multidrive and travelling between 70 and 80 mph.

Ahhhhhh! :arrgg-matey: Well then, you have a larger engine, one reason for less mpg, and an auto 'box, another reason. However, when you say how fast you were driving, and bearing in mind the engine size and auto, I reckon that has to be pretty good really. I don't know what it ought to be officially. Ours, officially, is supposed to do Up To (sound familiar) 70.6mpg with a low of 55.4mpg. We all know these figures are crap, useless to the car on the road as they are not realistic. Still, it's good for us as they have many benefits, like for 1.0 owners like me, no Road Tax. :D

The BB speed - :drool::eek:

------------------------ de, da, de, da, dit, dit, Breaking news Marc

post-113536-0-69507400-1329169893_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

I have now taken the car for a long run up to Edinburgh and back, from London, and having averaged 36 in town recently it went to 58 on the way to Edinburgh but I rarely went over 60, which made for a very long trip. I had to fill up somewhere just south of Carlisle and then my average dropped to 55, must be all those hills around the Lake District. On the way back I got 54 and then after I filled up again near Oxford I decided to drive at 70 + as I was getting so bored and then the consumption dropped to 47!!

So although the consumption was good when driving at 60 it did not make for pleasant driving.

I am now going to have a go at driving normally around town instead of being super careful all the time and I will see what happens.

Oh, I also put the expensive Shell fuel in so next time I do a long trip I will try normal unleaded and see what happens with that.

Apart from the fuel consumption and a couple of other little niggly things, I love this car.

Hey wornout, thats some road trip. Please remember that it will take a couple of tanks of the good stuff for the ECU to properly learn what the fuels limits are. I tend to give my second tank a bit of all types of driving, being city, higher speed/dual carriage way, racing away from the lights (to 30 mph) and some super Miss Daisy driving.

Fish

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links