Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flip Key

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

I got mine done at might local locksmiths; As long as they have a decent copy cutting thing it should be okay.

Just be careful with it; When we opened mine the spring flew off and it took longer trying to find it then it did to cut the key! :lol:

+1 for the key cutting and defo +1 for the spring flying off laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• corollat3sport

• SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

• Steven252

• madvinegar

Yo Guys...

I'm having an absolute nightmare trying to find someone to cut the blade on my flip key :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

I've been to like 5 different key smiths in Leicester and all of them recon no one in Leicester has the machine to cut the key :wacko: , i can't see what the problem is, its only a blade, i didn't know it was going to be this difficult to have it cut, so what do you recon? Rather than travel to a different town to have it cut, I can see it going in my bottom woman draw soon lol. Help? :help:

My local timpson said this. Basically big companies no longer do car keys for insurance and saftey reasons.

Got mine done in the local shoe repair shop ;)

My local timpson said this. Basically big companies no longer do car keys for insurance and saftey reasons.

Got mine done in the local shoe repair shop ;)

cheers for the heads up mate...so i need to source all my local shoe repair shops...hmmm...wish me luck...but still its so pathetic, who would have thought i'd need to look into whether someone would be able to cut the blade in the 1st place!!!

I think its more of they are able to cut them, but due to company policies there unable to do so. I do think this is right, the guy who cut my key had no intention of finding out if i actually owned the car he was cutting the key for :/

i understand what you mean Steven252 thumbsup.gif

i got mines done at a local locksmith and they didn't ask for anything, they took the key and done the job

i feel sorry for you Sam, you've got the key but you cant get it cut :( lol, try some local near by locksmiths and if not come to Coventry and il show you a place laugh.gif

im sure your going to find a place so don't stress yourself over it :)

best of luck though Sam

Any locksmith who can cut keys from an original template should be able to do it - You don't need a special machine, just the normal duplicating cutter than any locksmith who can cut Yale-style keys would have!

One thing worth noting: When I went to get mine cut, the locksmith said he couldn't do it as the key was too big, but I told him the blade could be removed from the flipkey so he could get it into the cutter. (That's where we opened it up and catapulted the spring across the room :eek: It took him 10 seconds to cut the key and we wasted another 5 minutes looking for the spring :lol:)

Same here. I had to take the blade out in order the locksmith to cut it. It was a 10 second job for him. He didn't even take any money...

You guys i tell you, are the BEST, i will remove the key blade as you've all stated and try the same places i've been to already aswell as others, if not...i might even head to Coventry as Corollat3sport knows of a place, where abouts is it mate because i happen to know Cov quite well, lived there for a few years aswell as went to uni there lol!

You guys i tell you, are the BEST, i will remove the key blade as you've all stated and try the same places i've been to already aswell as others, if not...i might even head to Coventry as Corollat3sport knows of a place, where abouts is it mate because i happen to know Cov quite well, lived there for a few years aswell as went to uni there lol!

yeah take the blade out and give that a go and see if they can cut it then :)

i live right near cov uni laugh.gif....anyway onto more important things, the lock smith is on church lane off walsgrave road right on the corner when you enter church lane from walsgrave road yes.gif

best of luck Sam thumbsup.gif

i live right near cov uni laugh.gif....anyway onto more important things, the lock smith is on church lane off walsgrave road right on the corner when you enter church lane from walsgrave road yes.gif

I know exactly where you mean mate...CHEERS...gosh good old Walsgrave Rd, hey i got a shock when i saw the newly built Walsgrave Hospital a couple of years back when i was last in Coventry after how many lonnnnnnng years, I'll never forget the old hospital, spent weeks in there at one point lol, but excellent memories! Takecare mate! B)

P/s Does John Gulson junior school still exist lol? :lol:

I know exactly where you mean mate...CHEERS...gosh good old Walsgrave Rd, hey i got a shock when i saw the newly built Walsgrave Hospital a couple of years back when i was last in Coventry after how many lonnnnnnng years, I'll never forget the old hospital, spent weeks in there at one point lol, but excellent memories! Takecare mate! B)

LMAO yeah its completely different to the one i was born in laugh.gif and its called the university hospital now :)

and yes john gulson still exists but its had a makeover lol....shame they didn't spend any money when i was there :(

take care too Sam and hope you get your key cut so that you stop having nightmares lol

LMAO yeah its completely different to the one i was born in laugh.gif and its called the university hospital now :)

and yes john gulson still exists but its had a makeover lol....shame they didn't spend any money when i was there :(

take care too Sam and hope you get your key cut so that you stop having nightmares lol

You joker, i ain't having nightmares lol :P , i'll try all those places in town again at the weekend (pending on the weather), i've already taken the blade out so its ready, i also noticed that the likkle hole for the led on my new fob case wasn't even drilled out, so i did that nicely and filed down a few edges so its looking nice now, i have to admit though, this flip case is mahoosively big, my brother couldn't stop laughing at me yesterday when i showed to him, he drives an Astra so his case is pretty small, kept calling it a flick knife :angry: ! ;)

P/s, if i don't find anyone to cut here in Leicester, i need an excuse to drive down to good old Cov so i can't think of a better one than this...M69 here i come...maybe! :D

If you don't find a locksmith, you can always use your teeth. You will have the pleasure of personal work and you also keep your money! :lol:

If you don't find a locksmith, you can always use your teeth. You will have the pleasure of personal work and you also keep your money! :lol:

You joker, i ain't having nightmares lol :P , i'll try all those places in town again at the weekend (pending on the weather), i've already taken the blade out so its ready, i also noticed that the likkle hole for the led on my new fob case wasn't even drilled out, so i did that nicely and filed down a few edges so its looking nice now, i have to admit though, this flip case is mahoosively big, my brother couldn't stop laughing at me yesterday when i showed to him, he drives an Astra so his case is pretty small, kept calling it a flick knife :angry: ! ;)

P/s, if i don't find anyone to cut here in Leicester, i need an excuse to drive down to good old Cov so i can't think of a better one than this...M69 here i come...maybe! :D

lol yeah the key fob is a bit big but your brother has given it a good name il give you that laugh.gif....(im just looking at mines now and laughing)

inside the key fob i sanded down some sharp bits too so that the original remote fits in perfect :)

just come down to live some old memories and remind yourself of the good old days tongue.gif.....you can get a better excuse than that laugh.gif

you want Sam to ruin her nice teeth?.....good idea tongue.gif

• 9 months later...

Here are few video on Flip Key conversion,

It will be helpful If you are converting the Flip Key own your own

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links