Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing The Rav

I think there is no doubt the Evoque is a fine machine and it’s good that UK workers build them, my issue is with some and i emphasis some of the buyers of must have items are selfish me me me types. Who i dislike. B)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CharlieFarlie

• firemac

• cabcurtains

• MarsKy

I think there is no doubt the Evoque is a fine machine and it’s good that UK workers build them, my issue is with some and i emphasis some of the buyers of must have items are selfish me me me types. Who i dislike. B)

Wouldn't disagree .. I have a Jag XF which shares quite a lot of gear with the Evoque.. I have found the Jag to brilliant in every department and the best built Jag I've had and I've had a few !!

I really like the Evoque and yes its a bonus that its built in this country but that is not My reason for adding My name to the list..

Its a deceptively large interior and the quality inside is better than anything in class. The drive is way better than any of the Japanese cars by a mile but taking in the price it should be ...

The Japanese car makers have for the first time in a long time fallen behind in equipment or available equipment levels..

I have tried the Korean offerings but its just the inside build that leaves so much to be desired IMO.. They also fall behind the likes of Toyota and Honda by quite a way despite costing near the same when the options are added.......

All cars have images of one kind or another... Vauxhall Corsa ? BMW X5....... Range rover ???? But surely We are able to detach Ourselves from the stereotyping ??

If Toyota announce the advent of the awaited new model Rav 4 and it has everything I want and the equipment I want and the price is reasonable then that is what I will buy.. If not then it will be an Evoque ......

Wee Charlie.

Unfortunately, I suspect the evoque will be the new chav car of choice, taking over the role from the RR Sport.

REEM!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

See Vicki B-H over the top as usual.Personally not L/R fan but would think the 4 door version a bit easier to live with. The i35 looks good but you need the 2ltr version with 4wd and I think the Sportage all though same company (group) is far more pleasing on the eye.

Regards Clare

Unfortunately, I suspect the evoque will be the new chav car of choice, taking over the role from the RR Sport.

In time maybe. But if the car suits My needs and its what I want then that is not enough to stop Me from buying as I simply do not care what anyone else thinks. Its My coin and I will buy whatever suits the most...

The Evoque is a stunning car to drive and the comfort inside is superb.. I spend up to 7 hours in one day in the car so that matters most !!

The rav has the image of being a car for those who cant afford a Range Rover. In honesty it has a slightly cheap image but again that is just unfounded and ridiculous.. Never stopped Me from buying one did it ??

See Vicki B-H over the top as usual.Personally not L/R fan but would think the 4 door version a bit easier to live with. The i35 looks good but you need the 2ltr version with 4wd and I think the Sportage all though same company (group) is far more pleasing on the eye.

Regards Clare

Its the cheap interior of the Sportage that lets it down.. Its not a cheap car so why ??? It is s good looking car but it lacks power and is just so tinny compared to say the Totota...... :thumbsup:

I like Landrovers etc. Apart from them not being reliable, they are the most comfortable/quitest/smoothest cars I`ve ever sat/driven in, and the gadgets you get in them is amazing!!!!! :thumbsup:

The filthy silver thing aka the IX-35 has hill descent control, which amuses me when you consider its a 4x2. How do you get up the hill to control coming back down :lol:

Personally i'm a Volvo man as per the avatar, if i was picking my next car it would be a XC60 D5 Auto. Shame the tax man would hammer me.

I like Landrovers etc. Apart from them not being reliable, they are the most comfortable/quitest/smoothest cars I`ve ever sat/driven in, and the gadgets you get in them is amazing!!!!! :thumbsup:

Mate the Jaguars before TaTa took over was crap !! Now they are outstanding !! I love My XF !! And its been utterly reliable !!

315 BHP (Chipped) and 670 NM of Tourque.. Absolutely flies and I get 42 MPG on the run...

The Evoque is the first true Land Rover to be developed since TaTa took over so I hope it will be as good as the Jag....

I may still buy a Rav if the new model comes along before next November and it is a more sorted rounder package with the kit I want..

017.jpg

To be honest, £31k seems an awful lot of money to pay for a car that is due for a replacement in less than 2 years, then again, i,m a miserable git so would not ever see myself paying that.

I,m a big fan of Hyundai and Kia and they have really progressed leaps and bounds ove rthe past 2-3 years. Amazing warranty and you can take out their service package by paying a fixed sum monthly, only got to fuel it. One thing i have noticed, and its me being picky is if you have a look at the suspension components on them after a couple of years, then compare this to a Toyota of the same age and you can see that the calipers are looking quite rusty whereas the Toyota these will still look like new.

I dont think that they have the same quality of steel in them.

Another suggestion, Have you considered a Subaru Forester?

I had a drive in a demonstrater a few months ago and it was a fine car. Loads of get up and go from the boxer diesel and its got that boxer rumble to listen to as well.

To be honest, £31k seems an awful lot of money to pay for a car that is due for a replacement in less than 2 years, then again, i,m a miserable git so would not ever see myself paying that.

I,m a big fan of Hyundai and Kia and they have really progressed leaps and bounds ove rthe past 2-3 years. Amazing warranty and you can take out their service package by paying a fixed sum monthly, only got to fuel it. One thing i have noticed, and its me being picky is if you have a look at the suspension components on them after a couple of years, then compare this to a Toyota of the same age and you can see that the calipers are looking quite rusty whereas the Toyota these will still look like new.

I dont think that they have the same quality of steel in them.

Another suggestion, Have you considered a Subaru Forester?

I had a drive in a demonstrater a few months ago and it was a fine car. Loads of get up and go from the boxer diesel and its got that boxer rumble to listen to as well.

Your comments are interesting and they came to mind again this afternoon. I was stopped at traffic lights adjacent a used car dealer and there was an 06 RAV4 & an 09 Hyundai Sante Fe side by side. It was only your comments about quality of components that made me look that little bit harder & you're absolutely right: despite the RAV being 3 years older, it looked like the younger car of the two. And yes, even the wheels/discs/alipers seemed to be tidier on the RAV.

Nevertheless it has to be said that the Koreans are coming on at a hell of a rate; each new model isn't just a step ahead of the last but a giant leap forward - the Sportage/iX35 are cases in point & the new i40 (especially the touring model) is getting very close to the Ford/GM/VW products. I reckon that Hyundai/Kia are in the same position that most of the Jap manufacturers were at in the late 70's & 80's where they were seen as the bargain choice. Bearing in mind that the car market is very price sensitive I guess that they can only improve "perceived" quality as they are able to increase prices (although I've no doubt that underlying quality is there, hence the 7-year warranty) so that, bit by bit, they pull themselves up to the level of the Europeans. Of course the !Removed! went beyond & took the lead in manufacturing techniques and quality to such an extent that the Europeans had to play catch-up in a big way, especially on the quality front. No doubt the Koreans will do the same to both the !Removed! & the Europeans eventually.

I remember a few years ago on my Rav4 world days that the buzz then was that Toyota,s biggest competion over the next few years would be Korean car manufacturers,they feared them the most.

Regards Clare

I remember a few years ago on my Rav4 world days that the buzz then was that Toyota,s biggest competion over the next few years would be Korean car manufacturers,they feared them the most.

Regards Clare

No doubt about that, Clare. When you consider their commitment to manufacturing (groups like Doosan & Hyundai are amongst the world's best in a number of sectors) and their work ethic, it's not surprising that the !Removed! have been worried for a while.

As far as car manufacturing is concerned, they've been recruiting some serious design talent from Europe in the past few years and that will allow them to short-cut a lot of the usual development process. I seem to recall that they pinched VAG's top designer a while ago & he's been responsible for the latest offerings which are a lot more competitive & attractive from a Euro standpoint.

Go and touch the interior trim on an IX-35 door, its cheap and tacky, end off, sorry. Ask my elbow.

Go and touch the interior trim on an IX-35 door, its cheap and tacky, end off, sorry. Ask my elbow.

I don't doubt that. But it doesn't mean they won't improve. It wasn't that many years ago that Jap stuff was routinely described sd "tinny". Not now.

I don't doubt that. But it doesn't mean they won't improve. It wasn't that many years ago that Jap stuff was routinely described sd "tinny". Not now.

Its 35yrs since the 1st Hyundai was sold in the UK, i'm a sick waiting :lol: ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links