Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me An Auris Hybrid!

Wayne2015

Glad you never said an Old Bag! :dontgetit:

U mean old fart ....

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

bb1b4652-d589-4ec7-96d8-257171232d98.jpg

Lol

Just make sure no HEAVY rainfall overnight - else those cardboards will be like CEMENT in the morning! Eeeek!

Play about with my stereo setting and ...

1. My settings are MILES

But why is the satnav speeding settings in KM?

IMG_20151125_061315_zpsr6jfqltv.jpg

2. Went into rear camera setting

- there is no option for display the GRID?

- I just got CONTRAST setting

- is display GRIDS not on my 1st Gen Auris?

When I bought my Auris, I was told it had only 2 owners (including current)

Then it transpires there were THREE on the V5 log book

Seller didn't know who the 1st owner was

With this form, I now know!

Will ring dealer to see if it was an ex-demo or rep car...

https://www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla

IMG_20151126_150143_zps2xeb8vqy.jpg

Still managed to get a respectable 374 miles per full tank (average over 4 months about 400miles/tank) during our temps from sub-zero to 13 degrees :) :) :)

IMG_20151203_062041_zpsh4t42zku.jpg

OK so you've had the new car for a few months now Wayne, so what's the overall verdict? Good private buy, nothing jumped up and bit you on the backside? Is the Auris something you'd recommedn to anyone else? How many miles you done now?

About this hybrid heater thing, is there an electric heater on yours that works at first until the ICE heats up and delivers hot water? I seem to recall somebody saying there was but I'm not sure.

OK so you've had the new car for a few months now Wayne, so what's the overall verdict? Good private buy, nothing jumped up and bit you on the backside? Is the Auris something you'd recommedn to anyone else? How many miles you done now?

About this hybrid heater thing, is there an electric heater on yours that works at first until the ICE heats up and delivers hot water? I seem to recall somebody saying there was but I'm not sure.

Don't buy

Do not touch with a barge pole

Always ALWAYS carry a hot water bottle with ya!

Well

Jumped into car this morning after 9 hours parked up...

Then noticed the interior light been left on all night - eeek!

Having read that Hybrids must NOT be jumped start...

So here s hoping she fires up.....

YAY!

:)

Well

Jumped into car this morning after 9 hours parked up...

Then noticed the interior light been left on all night - eeek!

Having read that Hybrids must NOT be jumped start...

So here s hoping she fires up.....

YAY!

I didn't know that you couldn't jump start a hybrid. Bit concerning that since I've got an early Christmas present of a DBPower Battery kit for giving caras a jump start, natty wee thing that comes in a zipper case and stores in the boot.

So what harm does it do to jump start a hybrid? I know i could google it but I'd rather get the real story here. :fireman2:

post-140480-0-93725300-1449665184_thumb.post-140480-0-79876300-1449665201_thumb.

Hi Tom

Think there is a newer and better post than this one....

But best I can Google so far...

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/124950-prius-fuse-box-plate-doesnt-allow-car-to-start/

Thanks for the link, Wayne. I didn’t think that using a 12v supply in a 12v circuit would have caused any problems but I know better now albeit it would seem the risk only applies if the Hybrid’s 12v Battery has gone short circuit. Good to know anyway.

I’m no electrician and am definitely rusty even with the terminology but at one time I was really familiar with the Rabbit the Eagle and the Indian mantra – but that was a long time ago.

• Like 1

Strictly speaking you can't jump-start a hybrid.

What you *can* do is supply 12V to the computer system, which can then power up the Traction Battery relay thing and power the car :D

Supposedly it's possible to power up a HSD with a dead 12V Battery using only 8xAA batteries in series if you connect them to the proper 'jump' points!

I think if you do jumpstart it with a normal car Battery, the other car should be off, rather than on with the alternator running like you'd normally do (You just need 12v, not 14v + lots of amps like you normally do!)

And deffo don't try and jumpstart someone else with a HSD; The inverter and 12V battery can't handle the high amp load and you risk releasing the magical smoke that makes it all work :unsure:

• Like 2

The whole thing is too complicated for me, i'll just put a warning label on my new portable Battery booster to remind me CVO (Conventional Vehicles Only).

I know a man of the cloth who has an Hybrid so I'm afraid if I see him in sore need of a jump start I shall be like the bad Samaritan and pass by on the other side of the road. For what shall it profit a man if, in helping his pastor, he bloweth thereby his fusible link?

I know a man of the cloth who has an Hybrid so I'm afraid if I see him in sore need of a jump start I shall be like the bad Samaritan and pass by on the other side of the road. For what shall it profit a man if, in helping his pastor, he bloweth thereby his fusible link?

Wot???!!!

Wot???!!!

What d’ye mean Wot? Have you never heard about the parable of the Good Samaritan and the Bad Samaritan? And you living in “All Things Bright and Beautiful” Herriot’s Country??? Here am I in poor wee Scotland, pagan at its core, and I’ve heard of it.

I can see us Jocks will need to organise a missionary tour to Yorkshire toot sweet.

Wot???!!!

What d’ye mean Wot? Have you never heard about the parable of the Good Samaritan and the Bad Samaritan? And you living in “All Things Bright and Beautiful” Herriot’s Country??? Here am I in poor wee Scotland, pagan at its core, and I’ve heard of it.

I can see us Jocks will need to organise a missionary tour to Yorkshire toot sweet.

Lol

We need to to re-enforce Hadrian's Wall!!!

Lol

We need to to re-enforce Hadrian's Wall!!!

Aye, to keep you lot on your own side!

We don't want you lot up here raping our women and drinking our beer. Especially not drinking our beer!

btw Have you noticed how far up this is now .... 30 pages. Wowza

Just slow down there with your choice of words, Tom!

Mods will be circling above your head like vultures soon! Eeek!

I have a day job too - else it would be 300 pages!

Not sure about u being already having too much time sharpening ur arrows and shouting and making caveman movements already - ha ha ha

December

Temp varied between 3 and 15 degrees

Very wet and windy

No motorway driving

Mainly commute and some bypass at 70mph

Average MPG still around 50mpg

Mainly in ECO mode, often in STANDARD and PWR modes too :)

Rare use of air con

All season tyres

Full tank range this time: 380 miles (average about 400. Worse 374. Best was 414)

IMG_20151216_061425_zps7ijt89bk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Read that some hybrids Battery go flat after 2 weeks?

Mine not driven for 5 days now....let's hope she fires up tomorrow....eeeek!!!

Read that some hybrids battery go flat after 2 weeks?

Mine not driven for 5 days now....let's hope she fires up tomorrow....eeeek!!!

Is that provided the flood waters have receded Wayne?

Lol

My area is within 500m of the river Aire - it floods every year!

But, no major floods in my street yet :)

Lol

My area is within 500m of the river Aire - it floods every year!

But, no major floods in my street yet :)

Ach laddie, ye don't know what rain is. We invented it up here in fact we're still trying to get rid of the last vestiges of the Ice Age.

You know how the so-called Scottish government (really a glorified wee toon council in a monstrosity of a building they have the neck to call a Parliament) "authorised"** a lot of road work on the A9 which basically hadny seen much improvement since the days of the cattle drovers. This included turnig some sections into dual carriageway, a concept unfamiliar to those who are used to single track roads with passing places. Well, they did a review at the height of summer this year to see how one section was progressing and pronounced it to he "Well ahead of schedule (see attached photy)

***Authorised: after the real government OK'd it and allocated the necessary amount of English taxpayers money.

post-140480-0-26852200-1451320934_thumb.

Lol

And I though WINDY and WET Yorkshire had it all :) :) ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links