Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me An Auris Hybrid!

Wayne2015

More WINTER protection:

Meguiers "Natural Shine protecting"

- nice perfume and less sticky door seals during freezing times :) :) :)

IMG_20151014_113456_zpsxqon4o4a.jpg

BEFORE

IMG_20151014_114210_zps47rcssjq.jpg

AFTER

IMG_20151014_114243_zpsre72ydwe.jpg

Rattling of seat belts - due to tight gap :( :( :(

IMG_20151014_113821_zpsd7wmkiru.jpg

IMG_20151014_113806_zpsq9a7jkhl.jpg

Is there a screw/bolt missing from my boot door???

IMG_20151014_113946_zpsa2w673dd.jpg

Is there a screw/bolt missing from my boot door???

No, just a plastic clip, similar to these...

$_12.JPG

• Like 1

Very crude test on mpg...Roads:6 miles commute each way3 evenings bypass 3 miles each wayOcassional weekend outing1. Accelerate / drive / coast then brake veeeee-ry carefullyFILL-UP:IMG_20150920_140615_zps3jl4jysc.jpgIMG_20150929_184540_zpslbynbzny.jpgGOT: 51.9mpg over 404miles...IMG_20151008_140514_zpsqtozv5vo.jpgIMG_20151008_125804_zpsqgtdbqrr.jpg2. NEXT! Accelerate briskly, but maintain drive and coast/brake veeeee-ry carefully - lolFILL-UP:IMG_20151008_125804_zpsqgtdbqrr.jpgIMG_20151008_143320_zpsl3pzwksb.jpg

UPDATE:

After a few days on TEST 2 - Drive as per TEST 1, but with more brisk acceleration into PWR bands often (NOT every time)...

Initially ONLY commuting: 39mpg - eeeek!

After a blast on the bypass (PWR mostly to 60mph, then ease off to ECO as speed reaches 70+): 42mpg :)

Now, after just ONE PWR instance in morning commute and 2 PWR instances on return trip: 44mpg :)

Another blast on bypass tonight...

i was getting a bit worried about you Wayne taking all these pictures of the displays but then i noticed they're all taken when you're stopped. You're a West country boy and probly fond of a few Scrumpy Jacks at night so i had visions of you, bleary eyed, taking these pictures while you blasted along the road and maybe getting picked up by the fuzz (!).

Don't think i could ever go for one of these hybrids, too many different modes to select. Is there one simple one that the likes of myself and women drivers can select and just drive everywhere in it while getting phenomenal mpg?

Very crude test on mpg...Roads:6 miles commute each way3 evenings bypass 3 miles each wayOcassional weekend outing1. Accelerate / drive / coast then brake veeeee-ry carefullyFILL-UP:IMG_20150920_140615_zps3jl4jysc.jpgIMG_20150929_184540_zpslbynbzny.jpgGOT: 51.9mpg over 404miles...IMG_20151008_140514_zpsqtozv5vo.jpgIMG_20151008_125804_zpsqgtdbqrr.jpg2. NEXT! Accelerate briskly, but maintain drive and coast/brake veeeee-ry carefully - lolFILL-UP:IMG_20151008_125804_zpsqgtdbqrr.jpgIMG_20151008_143320_zpsl3pzwksb.jpg

UPDATE:

After a few days on TEST 2 - Drive as per TEST 1, but with more brisk acceleration into PWR bands often (NOT every time)...

Initially ONLY commuting: 39mpg - eeeek!

After a blast on the bypass (PWR mostly to 60mph, then ease off to ECO as speed reaches 70+): 42mpg :)

Now, after just ONE PWR instance in morning commute and 2 PWR instances on return trip: 44mpg :)

Another blast on bypass tonight...

i was getting a bit worried about you Wayne taking all these pictures of the displays but then i noticed they're all taken when you're stopped. You're a West country boy and probly fond of a few Scrumpy Jacks at night so i had visions of you, bleary eyed, taking these pictures while you blasted along the road and maybe getting picked up by the fuzz (!).

Don't think i could ever go for one of these hybrids, too many different modes to select. Is there one simple one that the likes of myself and women drivers can select and just drive everywhere in it while getting phenomenal mpg?

West Country?

Who?

Yup - get a self-driving Google car! :)

Wayne2015 said: West Country? Who?

>>> West Country - YOU. D'ye no remember when i mentioned about a Yorkshireman being just a Scotsman stripped of his generosity and you said ye were from the West Country????? Coma oan, Wayne, get wi' the programme (or program if I'm going to use North Americansims).

You can take the man out of Yokelsville...... but you can't take the Yokelsville out of the man :disgust::disgust::disgust::fox::fox::death::death:

Ooooooohhhh Arrrrrr :fireman::fireman::fireman::fireman2::fireman2::driving: :driving: :driving:

Wayne2015 said: West Country? Who?

>>> West Country - YOU. D'ye no remember when i mentioned about a Yorkshireman being just a Scotsman stripped of his generosity and you said ye were from the West Country????? Coma oan, Wayne, get wi' the programme (or program if I'm going to use North Americansims).

You can take the man out of Yokelsville...... but you can't take the Yokelsville out of the man :disgust::disgust::disgust::fox::fox::death::death:

Ooooooohhhh Arrrrrr :fireman::fireman::fireman::fireman2::fireman2::driving: :driving: :driving:

LOL

What can I say when one is over the hill and far far away and can't even see what the whole mid-life crisis is about :yahoo:

Anyway

Another UPDATE on my plans for:

1. Buy BOGOF Extended Warranty (NOTE: BOGOF expires end-Dec 2015!)

2. Buy Service Plan

3. Put on private plate

Ref 1. Decided on a dealer to buy BOGOF Extended Warranty

- Dealer requested needed proof of service history, so we agreed on me sending them proof of service history

- Well, NOT a sausage - and I even chased them - so sod them, I will take my business elsewhere! :mad2:

Ref 2. No-can-do as want THIRD quote, and THIRD dealer is the dealer I buying NEW plates from

- BUT, to have new plates (private plate) I need the V5 log book

- ALAS, my car's previous owner has NOT sent off the V5 log book to DVLA yet! :fear::eek:

Ref 3. See Ref 2! :band:

External glass protection...

Washed...Clayed...

IMG_20151011_131658_zpsvl0ozlfo.jpg

Clay Bar on yer windows?? Never heard of...... mind you i've led a sheltered life.

@Tom :)

IMG_20151014_184155_zpszombeb8i.jpg

@Wayne - Away wi' yer clay-bar stuff, this is what a real man uses

When I'm Cleaning Windaes

G. Formby

post-140480-0-45640100-1444850622_thumb.

@Wayne - Away wi' yer clay-bar stuff, this is what a real man uses

When I'm Cleaning Windaes

G. Formby

attachicon.gifdeterhents.png

With the usual 'fit' lasses crossed-arm watching and giving u tips, huh Tom? :) :) :)

• Like 1

Anyway

Another UPDATE on my plans for:

1. Buy BOGOF Extended Warranty (NOTE: BOGOF expires end-Dec 2015!)

2. Buy Service Plan

3. Put on private plate

Ref 1. Decided on a dealer to buy BOGOF Extended Warranty

- Dealer requested needed proof of service history, so we agreed on me sending them proof of service history

- Well, NOT a sausage - and I even chased them - so sod them, I will take my business elsewhere! :mad2:

Ref 2. No-can-do as want THIRD quote, and THIRD dealer is the dealer I buying NEW plates from

- BUT, to have new plates (private plate) I need the V5 log book

- ALAS, my car's previous owner has NOT sent off the V5 log book to DVLA yet! :fear::eek:

>>> Wayne, private plates are a PITA now since they shut down all the field offices and everything has to go through Swansea. on the upside however i understand you can put a private plate on retention for £80 and it lasts 10 years.

As for the V5 I'd write away to the DMV (oops sorry, there's another Americansim slipping in, I'll be telling you next that I'm a US citizen :dontgetit::dontgetit::dontgetit: LOL) no the DVLA or whatever it is they changed their name to recently. Send them a letter giving details of the date of sale, the previous owner AND HIS TELEPHONE NUMBER and enclose a photocopy of your receipt. Explain you're suffering from a delay and I think you might be in for a pleasant surprise. It worked for me! :gora:

Cheers Tom

Retention is about £155 / 3 years (include transfer fee about £90?)
So 10 years about £200+ without transfer fee
So rather put private plate on car - not the BEST plates - but somehow befitting - u will soon see ;) ;) :)

Nah - I will wait patiently for seller to post log book to DVLA now - another 2 weeks wait .....

UPDATE:
Ye Scottish lad (Tom) knows more than the West Country boy (Wayne)!

Nice one Tom! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You right about the £80 (just read online) - hmmm....now I need to think if worth putting a private plate on :dontgetit:

>>>

It now costs less to retain your personalised registration!

Jason Llewelyn,

9 March 2015 — Personalised registrations online services

From today (9 March 2015), the law has changed to reduce the fee to retain a personalised registration from £105 to £80. This will apply to both paper and online transactions.

This change sees the removal of the £25 fee currently in place to renew the retention of a vehicle registration number on an annual basis. The renewal period is also extended to 10 years. There is another added benefit, the fee is being removed to add or change nominee details.

>>>

UPDATE:

BOGOF Extended Warranty - Bought! Whoopee! :yahoo:
So BIG thanks everyone on here for the help I got in regards to the extended warranty :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Warranty and AA breakdown cover will commence when my original 5 year warranty expires :)
Therefore, my car will have the remaining 2 years + extended 2 years = 4 years Toyota Warranty left :band:
REMEMBER: BOGOF ends at the end of December 2015! :eek:

And, u know those Toyota questionnaires u get after visiting a dealership?
Apparently, if u give a score LESS THAN 9 out of 10 - Toyota see s it as a failure on the part of the dealership?!!! :dontgetit:

Aye right, well, fine, OK..... Glad you've got yer BOGOFF thing sorted oot so now you can look forward to years n' years n' years of trouble free hybrid motoring. And the only things extra will be ,,, well, brake fluid? Air filters? Cabin/pollen filters? Stripping oot and cleaning the Battery thingummy fan? That big electric motor spinny thng that drives yer wheels, is that COMPLETELY covered or is there some odds n' sods in there that might just run away wiv yer life savings some day.

Well, anyway, that's all and good but what I really wanted to say is who needs a Hybrid? Attached please find a snapshot of my fuel consumption on my wee petrol CVT with is completely hybridless except for the time I use the starter motor to propel it into the filling station when I run oot but that's no' that often.

what d'ye think of this then? and remember this is NOT false long motorway runs at 35mph with a feather foot, this is a lot of short town work and some dual carriageway, in fact the longest journey (trip 3) was a run to the airport which was about 45 miles or so.

post-140480-0-50983700-1444939398_thumb.

Very good, Tom!

I agree actually.
Who needs a hybrid and drive like Ms Daisy when a suitable diesel will be more fun and more economical! (Or a petrol CVT in your case:))

But
I still like my hybrid for many other reasons and for now happy even with the cons factored in :)

Each to their own, bud - lol

Just 2 last things to sort:
1. Buy Service Plan
2. Stick on private plate

Service plan will include price of sparks+brake fluid+air con etc
But not pollen filter etc
Like all cars - maintenance + replace worn parts (not covered by service plan) will have to be factored in. But I am keeping my car long term - and hopefully the Toyota reliability PLUS the extra reliability of it being a hybrid will bring me many many years of trouble-free and low cost motoring....

A little TLC for my Auris....

ZYMOL leather cleaner :)

(Will use Gliptone when got time!)

IMG_20151016_113840_zpsijlh5xnx.jpg

BEFORE

IMG_20151016_114003_zpskrn2eljy.jpg

IMG_20151016_114008_zpslzaofcgb.jpg

IMG_20151016_114144_zps180e5xlg.jpg

AFTER

IMG_20151016_114259_zpspg3ssts0.jpg

IMG_20151016_114239_zpsu9fovcia.jpg

IMG_20151016_114308_zpszqumdu7l.jpg

• Like 1

Wayne, maybe time to try a couple of wee improvements on the Auris.

1 Remove the headrests from the two front seats.I've done this on my last Auris and my current one. You have no idea how much it lightens up the interior and improves rear vision, specially for reversing. Even my wife commented on it, says it improved her spatial orientation perception no end.

2. Lambo doors.

1 Remove the headrests from the two front seats.I've done this on my last Auris and my current one. You have no idea how much it lightens up the interior and improves rear vision, specially for reversing. Even my wife commented on it, says it improved her spatial orientation perception no end.

2. Lambo doors.

Got to be a joke. I mean, the headrests are there to protect your neck/head in the event of a collision. And yes I know cars didn't used to have them. A lot of people still think they're for resting your head on even now. :giljotiini:

2. Lambo doors.

Got to be a joke. I mean, the headrests are there to protect your neck/head in the event of a collision. And yes I know cars didn't used to have them. A lot of people still think they're for resting your head on even now. :giljotiini:

LOL

Think when Tom said LAMDO doors - then deffo he's pulling my leg :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Did i say LAMDO, i really meant LAMB-o doors. what else would you expect from a country where we inventetd Dolly the Sheepy-meh?

You know the one:

Mary had a little lamb,
Its fleece was slightly grey.
It didn't have a father,
Just some borrowed DNA.
It sort of had a mother,
Though the ovum was on loan.
It was not so much a lambkin
As a little lamby clone.

2. Lambo doors.

Nope, no joke, i really do remove the front headrests, got them up in the loft right now - somewhere!

And you're talking to someone who was rear ended in Queens New York and put into hospital. Sitting at the stop light I was in a Ford Tempo when somebody rammed into the back of me in an Oldsmobile, sent me into the middle of the junction. OK i admit i didn't have the headrests properly adjusted for my height - who does on a rental car? - but if I'd had more awareness of what was about to happen to me I'd at least have had time to brace myself. Don't let anybody kid you on that it's better to know nothing about it prior to it happening. They say it's better to be more relaxed, that way you don't sustain the same injuries to your neck etc. Absolute p*sh, these guys who say this have never been at the sharp end of it. I have.

Did i say LAMDO, i really meant LAMB-o doors. what else would you expect from a country where we inventetd Dolly the Sheepy-meh?

You know the one:

Mary had a little lamb,
It didn't have a father,
Just some borrowed DNA.
It sort of had a mother,
As a little lamby clone.

Mate

U starting to worry me......u need help....

• Like 1

You know the one:

Mary had a little lamb,
It didn't have a father,
Just some borrowed DNA.
It sort of had a mother,
As a little lamby clone.

Mate

I had a soft spot for that wee clone. Remember it turned out to hav bandy legs and they blamed it on a DNA error or something? DNA my foot, I saw the gleam in them scientists eyes, bunch of pervs they are, fancy brewing up a defenceless wee clone just so they could have their evil way with 'er.

Lamby clone lovers of the world unite, get LAMB-Do doors in your vehicle and adopt one.

You know the one:

Mary had a little lamb,
It didn't have a father,
Just some borrowed DNA.
It sort of had a mother,
As a little lamby clone.

Mate

I had a soft spot for that wee clone. Remember it turned out to hav bandy legs and they blamed it on a DNA error or something? DNA my foot, I saw the gleam in them scientists eyes, bunch of pervs they are, fancy brewing up a defenceless wee clone just so they could have their evil way with 'er.

Lamby clone lovers of the world unite, get LAMB-Do doors in your vehicle and adopt one.

lol

V5 log book sent off at last today :toot:

Have decided AGAINST buying a service plan, all I get is:

1. Potential saving on future increased service prices

2. Potential saving if VAT went up

3. A few quids saving over a fixed service costs

4. 1/2 price MOT

Will just put private plate on, and its done for now..... :newyear:

...after winter more TLC :driving::driving::driving:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links