Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Best Female Voice.....

gordypix

Here's a good one for ya all........

DOLLY PARTON - amazing lyrical style :thumbsup:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gordypix

• Fizz

• keeperofthegate

• Yarisboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and Christina Aguilara sounds the best of recent US imports...... :thumbsup:

Gwen Stefani.........Good live Rock :thumbsup:

not so sure about aguilera being the best of recent us imports m8y.... got to consider thunder thighs (beyonce knowles) as well

Melky...........Sister of Wycleff Jean :thumbsup:

Off to a party..

So I've left you with the following to discuss for a while:

Gwen Stefani

Bonnie Tyler

Dolly Parton

Melky

Christina Aguilara

Catch ya all soon............... :bye:

Tracey Chapman has a fine deep voice.

Saw here live in "House of Blues" Orlando a couple of years ago - had to go seeing as she doesn't perform much these days. Superb performance - beer was extortionate $10 for a pint :eek:

Others are Claire Martin, Fiona Apple, Janis Ian, Diana Krall. How about Julianne Regan from All About Eve and I can't leave out Siouxsie Sioux and my absolute all time favourite - Sarah K.

Melky

Yeah I remember her... very unique voice... I remember the track "Raw" done with Wycleff that was some time ago tho...

Diana Krall is cool luv her voice, Narrow Daylight that's a recent mellow track of hers... Silje Nergaard similar Jazz style as Diana Krall she's cool... :thumbsup:

Saw Melky with her brother Sedek a few years ago at the Astoria - :thumbsup:

anyone who sounds as good live as they do on CD deserves much credit in my opinion, and there's not many who do sound 'good' live :)

Very true, sadly.

Unless they mime ! :D

In saying that though, the ones who tend to mime don't sound that good on CD either.! :P

Rich

Some would be better miming on the cd as well!

I'll ad quietly that at the olympic concert (where some of the R&B & pop singers mentioned in this thread) was pretty much entirely "Top & Tail" as we call it in the live industry. All mics are muted for the "singing" and only switched on at the begining and end of every track. To add that with this concert a lot more was completely mimed - the mics were never even plugged in. 80 - 90% of all commercial pop "singers" can't sing at all. They sound good on CD, but live is another story. You can "polish turds" in a studio but not live.

I have been a sound engineer for nearly 13 years. In this time I have toured the world and worked with many big bands in arena's and festivals. I have also done the small "toilet tour" type gigs (pubs and clubs) too. I have worked with Pop, Rock, R&B, Reggae, Rap, Soul, Punk, Metal, Ska - pretty much every style of music and the worst ever for talent, quality, friendliness, professionalism etc... are those in Pop, R&B & Rap - friggin pre-madonna's! :P

Garrick speaks the truth folks...........Don't look at the body - but hear them LIVE.

I have been fortunate to do this with hundreds and hundreds of artists......And playing Wembley arena doesnt mean squat....Play the Jazz Cafe or similar and let the crowd touch you as they hear what comes out of the mouth, NO MIMES........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links